Investment Banking, M&A, and Private Equity Investments: Sourcing, Underwriting, and Management Across Multiple Industries
ID: 736884 New York, USA
Prior to becoming an entrepreneur, Expert worked at a global investment bank and a global private equity firm. He has a deep understanding of current trends, development strategies, and competitive landscapes in several industries. Focuses therein include:
• Consumer goods: luxury, fashion, toys, furniture, beauty, ecommerce, food and beverage
• Education: K12, online, and LMS (Learning Management Software)
• Software: ERP, Supply Chain, ITSM, SaaS, Workflow, Automation, HR technology, and WMS
• Business Services: Consulting and Digital Transformation).
Expert also currently works as Director of Strategy and Corporate Development at a leading data and data marketing consulting firm.
Expert has accrued a deep understanding of the digital marketing and eCommerce landscape, as well as SaaS platforms’ keys to success. He routinely provides critical insights on: B2B software, eCommerce platforms, payment providers, CRM and sales enablement platforms, LMS, expenses management software, email marketing, marketing automation, hosting companies, CPaaS and UCaaS (Communications Platform as a Service and Unified Communications as a Service), SaaS for SMB's, order management software, headless/composable commerce, Translation Management Software, calendar booking software, ERP, warehouse software, warehouse automation, education, digital commerce, composable commerce, MACH alliance, marketplaces, and additional related fields.
|Year: 2015||Degree: MSc||Subject: Finance and Economy||Institution: EMLYON Business School|
|Years: 2021 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Co-Founder and Managing Director||Department:|
Responsibilities:Expert's firm is an independent Buy-Side M&A advisor. The company partners with private equity funds, family offices, SME's, and top acquirers of companies. They provide cost-effective extensive screening and proprietary sourcing for their local and cross-border acquisition and add-on strategy.
|Years: 2022 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Director of Strategy and Corporate Development||Department:|
Responsibilities:Among other accomplishments in just six months, Expert has closed two add-ons within two months with more inline. He has:
▪ Sourced unique deal flow and developed the firm’s deal pipeline across ten geographies
▪ Led due diligence efforts and valuation analysis for successful add-on acquisitions
▪ Created post-close commercial value creation for acquired targets.
|Years: 2018 to 2022||Employer: Cathay Capital Private Equity||Title: Vice President||Department:|
Responsibilities:Among other achievements in this role, Expert closed three platform acquisitions -- two majority and one minority deal -- and five add-ons, across industrial, consumer, and software sectors.
His firm was responsible for:
• Recapitalizing a leading online direct-to-consumer provider of sleep apnea treatment equipment
• Recapitalizing a luxury outerwear brand
• Tripling the size of an ergonomics solutions provider via acquisitions of four companies in directly related supply spaces
Expert's group also:
▪ Served as Board Observers for three of the companies indicated above
▪ Led due diligence efforts and valuation analysis for successful portfolio company acquisitions
▪ Sourced unique deal flow through industry networks and charged with maintaining their deal pipeline in tech and tech-enabled services
▪ Prepared investment memoranda in anticipation of new portfolio company acquisitions and co-investment raises
▪ Successfully pitched co-investment opportunities to LP's, family office and institutional investors
▪ Created post-close commercial value creation and strategic acquirer development plans for portfolio companies.
|Years: 2016 to 2018||Employer: Lincoln International||Title: Associate||Department:|
Responsibilities:Expert worked on 8 sell-side deals and closed 6 transactions for companies ranging from €10 million to €200 million in the A&D (acquisition & development), Business Services and TMT sectors (technology, media, and telecom).
|Years: 2015 to 2016||Employer: DC Advisory||Title: Investment Banking Analyst Intern||Department: Mergers & Acquisitions|
Responsibilities:At this firm in France, Expert worked on 5 sell-side deals and 1 restructuring deal (€5 million to €100 million companies) in the luxury, spirits, TMT, and healthcare sectors
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2015 to 2018||Country / Region: France||Summary: Expert held multiple banking analysis internships in France from 2015 to 2018, primarily in Lyon.|
Fields of Expertise
accounting software, consumer marketing, fashion, toy, furniture, consumer software, video game, food, beverage, digital transformation, Digital Transformation Strategy, Consulting, enterprise resource planning, ERP, SaaS, corporate development, ecommerce, business strategy, CRM, sales planning, e-learning, warehouse management