Expert in Liquids Packing Technologies, Filling Systems, Mechanical Equipment Development
mechanical and liquids packing system developments. This included:
1. Automated equipment systems to support new product introductions or significant improvements to existing manufacturing processes and equipment.
2. Experience with wide range of bottle filling equipment including, net weight, flow meter, volumetric, overflow and level control.
3. Development of a step by step process to use for executing mechanical system developments to maximize success rate and minimize rework loops.
4. New to the world liquids filling system developments and major improvements to existing liquids filling systems.
5. Laboratory experimentation to gain a deep technical understanding of the liquids filling system process.
6. Experience in designing and fabricating mini scale laboratory test equipment to simulate full scale manufacturing equipment
Expert has used his 30 plus years experience in liquids packaging system development to invent new automated liquids packaging systems and to gain a deep understanding of the impact that packaging materials (bottles, caps, labels,
corrugated etc.) have on the rate and reliability of the manufacturing equipment. He has also used his experience and background to understand how to design the packaging system to achieve optimum performance.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Indianapolis, Indiana - Muncie, Indiana - Anderson, Indiana - Columbus, Ohio - Cincinnati, Ohio - Dayton, Ohio - Springfield, Ohio - Hamilton, Ohio - Lexington, Kentucky - Louisville, Kentucky
|Year: 1978||Degree: ASMET||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: University of Cincinnati|
|Years: 1977 to 2014||Employer: Procter and Gamble||Title: Section Head||Department: Corporate Engineering||Responsibilities: Managed and provided leadership for up to 5 Technology Leaders focused on executing technically challenging mechanical and liquids packing developments to support the introduction of new products or to significantly improve existing manufacturing systems. In addition to managing others, I personally executed liquids filling system developments focused on increasing rate or making significant quality improvements to existing liquids filling equipment.|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 1981 to 2014||Country / Region: Japan, Australia, Philippines, Mexico, Italy,||Summary:|
|Training / Seminars|
| Expert developed and delivered a training program entitled Liquids Packing Orientation. This was a one to two day course for new Procter and Gamble liquids packing engineers to help them understand the pros and cons of liquids packing equipment choices.
Expert also developed a Web Based Liquids Filling Advisor that was a system designed to help liquids packing and product development engineers understand the details and pros/cons of the various liquids filling systems used throughout Procter and Gamble.
Expert also led the development and execution of a program, Procter and Gamble Engineering Experience Program, that was focused on giving high school seniors and juniors an insight into what engineers do on a day to day basis. The program was designed to help the students who were interested in engineering careers what type of engineering career to pursue in college.
|Expert has a vast amount of experience and expertise in locating and selecting commercial packaging suppliers and/or suppliers that specialize in developing mechanical equipment and processes including low capital equipment and engineering suppliers.|