Expert in Logistics & Supply Chain
Expert ID: 736598 North Carolina, USA
Known for streamlining process improvements, substantially increasing revenue and reducing expenses, while building a strong team of professionals.
Top performing supply chain and purchasing manager with a strong proficiency in Business & Financial Management roles, who maintains a proven track record of continued success.
Leader with an analytical, goal-oriented personality and work ethic; with an innate ability to influence others and produce dynamic and long-lasting results.
Self-motivation, education, diverse experience and hard work have given broad problem-solving skills, expertise in maximizing finances and efficiency
Special Skills & Training
- Completed 12-week Dale Carnegie course in human relations.
- Completed 1-Year Stock Building Supply management training program-intense training on operations, procurement, HR, budgeting, sales management and inventory control.
- Eagle Scout, with Palms., Vigil Honor Member, Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts of America
- Strong proficiency and experience with Unix-based ERP system. 20+ years’ experience with purchasing, order entry, AP, and inventory control functions.
- Highly experienced and trained in MS Office applications-20+ years of experience with MS Excel, MS Word,
- MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint. Also experienced with MS Power BI and Dynamics CRM.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Raleigh, NC - Charlotte, NC - Wilmington, NC - Richmond, VA - Charleston, SC
|Year: 2020||Degree: MBA||Subject: Operations, Logistics & Supply Chain||Institution: Ohio University|
|Year: 2002||Degree: BS||Subject: Professional Forestry||Institution: Michigan State University|
|Years: 2020 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Director||Department: Corporate Pricing & Commercial Projects||Responsibilities: Establish & manage pricing process across four business units representing ~85% of annual revenue
Create a ground-up flexible cost model for new and bolt-on liquid transport business
Establish an automated reporting environment for all levels of the company using Microsoft Power BI
Complete exploration and implementation of new CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics)
Complete cost and margin models on the fly for incremental business
Evaluate & manage current contracts and review upon renewal
|Years: 2019 to 2020||Employer: A&R Logistics||Title: Director||Department: Corporate Development||Responsibilities: Select, evaluate, analyze and propose new targets for strategic acquisition
Successfully completed analysis of 12 firms, representing $4.6Bn in annual revenue
Completed due diligence and on-site evaluations of two successful acquisitions
Managed initial integration of two acquisitions representing $100 MM in additional revenue in new lines of business.
|Years: 2016 to 2019||Employer: Ply Gem Industries||Title: Logistics & Distribution Manager||Department: PVC Trim Division||Responsibilities: Design and implement dealer-direct distribution model on the eastern seaboard
Set up, staff, and open Trim Distribution Center in Parkersburg, WV
Design and execute training program for 52 TSMs on the east coast
Procurement and inventory control over $1.5M in finished goods
Budgeting and overall business strategy for the operation of the trim division
|Years: 2015 to 2016||Employer: Ply Gem Industries||Title: Cost & Profitability Analyst||Department: US Window Division||Responsibilities: Analyze existing supply chains and bills of material for cost improvements
Analyze current customer base and develop profitability plan for each customer
Perform detailed bill of material and labor costing for each product line in the assortment
Engage key stakeholders and managers for suggested improvements and changes
Communicate with all levels of the organization to effectively obtain data and make recommendations
|Years: 2014 to 2015||Employer: A&R Logistics||Title: Senior Business Analyst||Department: Sales Team||Responsibilities: Provide data and cost analysis for existing and new business.
Manage existing and new customer contracts
Designed new contracting workflow process
Design & implement new customer metric system, used quarterly on 95% of revenue.
|Years: 2012 to 2014||Employer: Vectora Transportation||Title: Logistics Manager/Business Development||Department:||Responsibilities: Provided timely, cost-effective logistics and transportation solutions for clients.
Successfully managed the first 3.0 MW installations in North America at Pioneer Grove, IA.
Developed highly successful terminal operations plan for a large energy services client.
Managed port terminal operations for large project cargo business
Completed multiple route surveys for project cargo business
Designed and managed large multimodal truck/barge bulk cargo projects
Designed large-scale biomass fuel business plan/directed biomass business development
|Years: 2011 to 2011||Employer: Beacon Roofing Supply||Title: Corporate Sourcing Analyst||Department:||Responsibilities: Established inventory targets for approximately 180 locations.
Created and implemented new programs with vendors equal to twice my compensation within the first 90 days of employment.
Developed successful preferred vendor program to streamline spending and maximize programs.
|Years: 1999 to 2011||Employer: Stock Building Supply||Title: Multiple Locations below||Department:||Responsibilities: National Lock Center Program Manager 2009 to 2011
- Increased company margins from 28% to approximately 60% within the lockset category
- Hired team of five specialists to call on company locations, OSR’s and customers.
- Brought new lock brand to market (Fortis), created all marketing, literature, pricing, and additional collateral and support material.
- Managed centralized distribution point for hardware, serving all company locations.
Logistics Specialist 2009 to 2009
- Utilizing JIT and other inventory management controls, reduced inventory capital expense from $240M to $60M over a four-month time period.
- Worked with multiple carriers and logistics providers, was responsible for driving down freight costs.
- Coordinating with company locations across the country to consolidate and move inventory where most needed, reduced the need to buy more product and freed cash.
Global Sourcing Specialist 2006 to 2009
- Grew import program savings by 30%, despite a 70% decline in overall import purchases.
- Coordinated with Asian manufacturers to determine specifications, purchases and quality levels.
- Conducted plant tours in Asia and South America directly with the source manufacturers.
- Created marketing support materials for internal and external products in support of import programs.
- Worked together with multiple logistics vendors to provide the most efficient and cost-effective means of bringing offshore goods to market.
District Product Line Manager/Buyer —Building Materials 2005 to 2006
- Responsible for the growth and management of building materials programs in NC as well as the largest Roofing, Drywall and Siding programs within the company.
- Grew Trex sales by 256% in D1 CY2005 as the result of a successfully implemented marketing effort.
- Working together with Senior Product Line Managers, established and met contractual goals.
- Assisted Operations Staff to grow existing businesses within my categories.
Inventory Control Specialist 2004 to 2005
- Managed approximately $6 million in inventory.
- Performed product ordering for in-house manufactured items.
- Worked together with District Purchasing to ensure correct stocking levels.
✓ Managed team of 4 to ensure correct receiving, order pulling, and inventory process.
Builder Sales/Management Trainee 1999 to 2004
- Trained in P&L management, budgeting, personnel management and building material distribution.
- Worked on several special projects including specific price shops and product reevaluations.
- Extensive Trend experience, inventory control and management.
- Completed takeoffs and was responsible for completing sales of large packages to the public.
- Responsible for handling several larger volume professional builder accounts.
- Worked on several process improvements, making sales more efficient.
Fields of Expertise
supply chain, Far East sourcing, logistics, chemical transportation, trucking, distribution, exporting, chemical industry, mergers and acquisitions, acquisition integration, residential building construction, residential housing, lumber, window manufacturing, vinyl siding, warehouse management, distribution management