Expert in Managing Consultant, Project Director - Oil and Gas-Downstream, Feasibility Analysis, Technology Licensing, FEED, EPC, PMC, Joint Venture, Contract and Commercial
Expert ID: 736343 United Kingdom
An experienced Project Director and Managing Consultant with 35+ years global expertise (Europe, Middle East, Asia) in Oil and Gas, Energy Utility and Infrastructures, Business Consulting, Strategic Planning, Project Management including Feasibility Analysis, FEED, EPC, PMC, Engineering, Contracts, Commercial & JV development in Life-cycle integrated Refinery and Petrochemical Projects. Performed in key positions for Refinery and Petrochemical Industries in various stages of mega projects including Qatar Petroleum (12 years)-Project Director, Project Manager, Project Control Manager; SABIC (13 years) – Group Leader- Engineering & Project; Reliance (2 years) – Dy. Manager
Oil & Gas - Management Consulting | Downstream Projects Strategic Direction and Execution
Grassroots/Brownfield-Downstream Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Project Development
Life Cycle Project Management and Framework | FEED and Detail Engineering | EPC/EPCM and PMC
Feasibility Analysis and Project Economics | Project Due-diligence | Risk Management
Strategic Business Consulting | Project Management Advisory Services | Digital Solutions in Industry
Process Design and Engineering | Construction Strategy and Execution | Commissioning and Start Up
Overall project execution, including project schedules, each WBS, budgets & manpower resources
All project phases – Engineering (basic and detailed), procurement fabrication, construction, commissioning & start-up
Contract Strategies| Life Cycle Contract Management | Procurement and Supply Chain Optimization
Direction to contract negotiations, sub-contractors, suppliers and change orders or various multi-disciplined projects in Oil & Gas Downstream, Infrastructures, Utilities & Off sites.
Joint Venture / Consortium contracts format | Scope of Works and preparation of ITTs as per project requirement| Techno-commercial bid evaluations | Contracts processing
Project Schedule and Planning | Project Control & Delivery Project Cost Estimate | Cost Control
Joint Venture Contracts and Commercial |Product Off-Take Retail & Marketing |Retail station development
Refinery Optimization and Margin Improvement | Petrochemical Value creation | Energy Efficiency
Revamping/De-bottlenecking | Refinery Upgrade and Value Drivers | Ethylene Cracker Revamping
Process Design and Engineering | Construction Strategy and Execution | Commissioning and Start Up
Implementations of integrated Control and Automation projects across multi-EPC solutions
Digitalization, Industrial IoT and System Integration in Refining and downstream integrated operations
FEED, EPIC management | Ensure integrity and compliance to HSE goals & objectives in all phases
Design, Engineering | FAT/SAT | Corporate QA/QC framework and Procedure
Integrated EPC Execution |M&A Project Management | Assets and portfolio management
Project Risk and Process Safety | HAZID and HAZOP | OSHA-PSM and COMAH sites’ regulations
Downstream Process Technology Innovation, Licensing Evaluation and Selection | PDP Development
Leadership and Team Management | A Team player & Project leader for multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural team | Ensure effective Team-environment.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: London - Reading, Berkshire
|Year: 2010||Degree: Fellow, Chartered Engineer||Subject:||Institution: IET-London|
|Year: 1982||Degree: B.Tech.||Subject: Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering||Institution: Jadavpur University|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Director, Managing Consultant||Department: Management Consultancy, Project Advisory||Responsibilities: Management Consultancy services in Oil & Gas sectors globally:
• Development of Refinery (on various Crude) and Petrochemical Projects based on Ethane, Naphtha and Propane- assess key benefits, opportunity and risks, competitive dynamics.
• Advisory /consultancy services to top-tier Clients in UK and overseas for downstream mega projects.
• Set Upstream project management process, Integrated business model and commercial strategies for E&P and project execution with value addition and synergies.
• Feasibility Studies/Pre-FEED, Capex investment analysis, FEED (including dual FEED options).
• Effective project execution strategies and framework; EPC/EPCM structure and integrated approach
• Feedstocks and Products market growth analysis- Logistics and Value addition
• Contracting strategies and practice for development of Fuel Retail Stations
• Downstream Capital Projects in Asia and Middle East-feasibility analysis and effective approach for revamping of Refinery, Petrochemical and Ammonia projects.
• Shale Gas Ethane based Petrochemical Projects in Asia with supply chain in global perspective.
• Ethylene Cracker in Petrochemical Market with a focus in North America, key trends and competitive dynamics.
• Oil & Gas Downstream Projects:
Initial screening & Feasibility studies; Technology Licensing, BEP, Downstream value chain
Project - Economic evaluation, FEED, overall project execution strategy assessment
Strategic Business Consulting
- Strategy consulting-design and implement structures and business processes
- Assets reliability and integrity management solutions
Project Management as Advisory Service-
-Life cycle project development
-Cost effective and integrated project execution strategy
- Procurement Supply and Value Chain
-Digitization, Industrial IoT and System Integration in O&G Industries
-Advanced methodology- Industrial Automation, Industry 4.0, IT Application Management and Solutions
|Years: 2011 to 2016||Employer: Qatar Petroleum/Qatar Petroleum International||Title: Project Director, Chief Representative-China Venture||Department: Downstream Directorate||Responsibilities: Led strategic development, right from Feasibility Studies and Economic Evaluation for various investment opportunities in China for Downstream projects based on crude, condensate, naphtha, LPG with effective corporate governance and integrated project execution strategies.
•Managed feasibility studies, FEED, Due-diligence for strategic development of grassroots Refinery and Petrochemical projects.
• Provided compliant assurance across China projects development - technical, contract, commercial, legal, finance, HSE
• Stakeholder management plan – negotiated co-operation framework / JVA, defining commercial terms between partners
• Analysed optimum JV marketing and off-take options & structure for oil, retail stations and petrochemical products
•Optimized integrated design and configuration based on Technology licensors’ data and process design package for Refinery, petrochemical and Aromatics units.
• Been QP/QPI focal point in China, managed country office, ensured effective team work among task-force, partners and contractors, enhanced presence of QP/QPI and its representation in China to maintain cooperation with JVPs.
• Identified and assessed new investment opportunities and presented to board with project analysis, and cost projections.
• Conducted FEED analysis and set effective project execution strategies for Refinery, Petrochemical and Aromatics units with utility, power plant and infrastructure
• Explored and analysed U.S. shale gas ethane-based project opportunity
• Led techno-commercial negotiations, JVAs, cooperation framework and contracts/agreements.
• Supported Corporate team to identify and mitigate risks involved with commercial terms, conditions, contract structure, and pricing.
• On behalf of JV Task-force, led, reviewed and managed Contractors’ change orders for prime contracts subcontracts etc, and managed contractual issues.
• Developed and maintained the cooperation relationship among the company, partners and contractors.
|Years: 2004 to 2011||Employer: Qatar Petroleum/Qatar Holding Intermediate Industries Ltd.||Title: Project Manager/Project Control Manager||Department: Board of Directors||Responsibilities: • Feasibility Study and Economic Evaluation of various investment opportunities (based on available feedstocks) for Refinery, Petrochemicals and Downstream Industries including technical, commercial and setting up the most effective development strategies, based on Company's Business development directives.
• Front end studies, due-diligence, engineering design configuration and market analysis of utilizing available feedstocks (gas and liquid) for strategic development of downstream complex in Qatar
• Project Planning, Tender processing for FEED, PMC activities & EPC for the Integrated Refinery & Petrochemical Complex Project,
• Process Technology Licensors Selection (Steam Cracker, Ethylene Glycol, Polypropylene, Aromatics, Ethylene Dimerization, Metathesis, Ethylbenzene & Styrene Monomer etc),Technical and Commercial Evaluation, review and finalise Licensing Agreement, PDP and set optimised configuration of the units.
• FEED and EPC/EPCM turnkey solutions to Refinery, Petrochemicals (Intermediate & Polymers) and Aromatics Projects.
• Manage and negotiate contracts, subcontracts, consultant, sponsorship, joint venture, consortium, bidding, confidentiality, MOU/HOA and other types & forms of agreements; Apply Contract life-cycle management for downstream segment contracts processing through integrated structure.
• Project Management for managing various FEED, PMCM, EPC etc, towards Planning, Controlling, and Implementing large and challenging integrated petrochemical projects, through effective Time Management, Cost Effectiveness and Quality.
•Led and managed strategic development for various control and safe-guarding systems (DCS, SCADA, SIS etc) and integrated systems for refinery, petrochemical and associated facilities
• For Refinery and Petrochemical units, drive operational improvements, maximising the value of the asset base and providing support for continually improving standards of performance and quality within the operation.
|Years: 1991 to 2004||Employer: SABIC (Sharq-Eastern Petrochemical Company)||Title: Group Leader - Engineering and Project||Department: Engineering and Project||Responsibilities: • FEED, Detail Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Commissioning for Expansion ( Ethylene- Glycol, Polyethylene) Project of Process Units, Utilities and Offsites.
• Mega project execution, ensuring most Safe, Economical & Technically acceptable solutions in Implementing integrated Petrochemicals projects.
•As E&PM lead, manage various revamping/de-bottle necking projects for EG/Utility units, coordinating the activities with production, engineering, for reliability and maintenance services in the facilities
•Downstream Process and Utility Plant Maintenance (thru’ effective Resource Planning and Execution), Turn Around Maintenance, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) along with upgrade/revamping of units/systems etc
•Managed E&I, ESS systems integration, process automation and control projects along with full compliance to Process Safety for various process units. Managed revamping projects for E&I systems in very critical time scale, with full responsibility in maintaining cost effectiveness, safety and quality.
• Conducted Evaluation, Design and implementation of DCS, SIS as per SIL and IPF Classifications in Process Industries
• Tender documents preparation (ITB etc.), International Bidding with cost-estimation, evaluation of Proposals for contract award and contract management for Expansion/Revamping projects in Petrochemicals.
• Design and Engineering of DCS, SCADA, SIS systems, Implementation of Emergency shutdown system in safe-guarding and control of Process Units
• Design and Execution of Integrated Smart Solution for Data Management (PDS, SmartPID, In-Tools, SAP)
• Participated in SABIC Technical team to design and develop integrated SAP Modular structures (PS, FI-CO, MM. PM, PP etc.) within SABIC Affiliates.
• Represented Sharq in SABIC –E&PM team to develop SABIC-General Engineering Standards/Specifications and Project Execution Strategies/Guidelines for the project development and Execution Process of various stages in complete Project Life- Cycle.
|Years: 1989 to 1991||Employer: Reliance Industries Ltd||Title: Dy Manager-Project||Department: Petrochemical -Ethylene Glycol||Responsibilities: Engineering, Construction and Commissioning of Ethylene Glycol project (Licensor: Shell)|
|Years: 1988 to 1989||Employer: India Glycols Ltd||Title: Senior Project Engineer||Department: Petrochemical-Ethylene Glycol||Responsibilities: Construction and Commissioning of Ethylene Glycol project (Licensor: Scientific Design)|
|Years: 1982 to 1988||Employer: Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Ltd||Title: Assistant Plant Engineer_ Projects||Department: Ammonia and Utility||Responsibilities: Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance for Ammonia (Licensor-Haldor and Topsoe) and Utilities|
|Years: 2011 to 2014||Agency: Local Governments in China||Role: Managed Complex Coordinations||Description: Developed Cooperation, Framework Agreement to develop Oil and Gas Downstream Projects in China|
|Years: 2006 to 2008||Agency: Supreme Environmental Council in Qatar||Role: Managed complex coordination||Description: Managed Environmental Impact Assessment for Petrochemical Projects|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 1991 to 2004||Country / Region: Saudi Arabia||Summary: Worked in SABIC/Sharq-Eastern Petrochemical Co.|
|Years: 2004 to 2016||Country / Region: Qatar||Summary: Worked in QP for Refinery and Petrochemical Projects|
|Years: 2011 to 2016||Country / Region: China||Summary: Worked in Joint Venture Downstream Projects for QP|
|Years: 1982 to 1991||Country / Region: India||Summary: Worked in RCF- Fertilizer Projects, Reliance-Petrochemical Projects, IGL-Petrochemical Project|
|Years: 2007 to 2010||Country / Region: United Kingdom||Summary: FEED, Due-diligence, EPC for Petrochemical Projects in Foster Wheeler|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Country / Region: United Kingdom||Summary: Management Consultancy in Straa Energy Limited|
|Licenses / Certifications|
Fields of Expertise
Oil and Gas Technical Support, capital projects management, chemical refinery, petrochemical, joint venture, Front End Engineering Design, EPC Contracts, retail agreement, Project Engineering and Management, technology licensing, automation control, Commercial and Strategy Functions, agreement, chemical plant maintenance, industrial utility system, crude oil market analysis, detailed feasibility study, economic analysis, due diligence, contract bid evaluation, ammonia fertilizer, aboveground storage tank, precommissioning, project commissioning, chemical plant start-up, feedstock evaluation, organizational project management maturity model, Product distribution and licensing agreements, framework, cost analysis, project scheduling, strategic partnering, contract analysis, management consulting, Project Management and Execution, Retrofit & Upgrade Analysis, risk assessment, International Projects