Expert in Manufacturing: Bedding, Solar, Process Control, and System Development
Expert ID: 731916 California, USA
Expert is responsible for coaching and leading members of large and small teams to encourage the accomplishment of personal developmental goals by aligning incentives, training, authority and responsibility to each person. He also handles facilities management of preventative/predictive maintenance systems, HVAC, net zero energy and waste programs, security, permitting and regulatory compliance, budgeting/cost reduction, plant layout, landscape and lighting, using leading CMMS, CAD and asset management systems at modern and established facilities.
Expert assumes responsibility for Project Management of complex conceptual design, qualification, development, procurement, commissioning, installation, validation and startup of cutting-edge manufacturing equipment, processes and facilities. He also handles quality system management using modern DOE, root cause, failure analysis and ISO 9000 certification tools to reduce process deviation in manufacturing environments. His significant experience includes document control system creation for work instructions to ensure procedural adherence and ease training. International management of multi-disciplinary, bi-lingual teams across multiple continents.
Expert frequently conducts technical and business reporting to a range of audiences including co-workers, vendors, customers, engineers and management using stakeholder driven key performance indicators (KPI). He directs contracted site services, including technical reviews, vendor RFP preparation, contractor re-tendering, materials/equipment selection, asset management and product requisitions. He is also responsible for new product coordination between Customers, Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance and QA/QC. He possesses laboratory and field environments experience in data gathering and analysis of multi-variable problems using advanced statistical tools, Six Sigma methods and custom database development.
He provides industry insight and technical expertise based on his many years' experience in and alongside bedding and foam manufacturing companies.
|Year: 2011||Degree: MBA||Subject: Business||Institution: University of New Mexico|
|Year: 2004||Degree: BS||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: University of New Mexico|
|Years: 2014 to 2015||Employer: FXI||Title: Engineering Manager||Department: Engineering|
Responsibilities:FXI is one of the leading foam manufacturers in the world and the Orange CA plant one of their largest.
• Provided local and corporate level leadership for a team of 15-25 engineers, technicians and electricians
• Conducted FMEA and root cause analyses on product and process issues
• Implemented the rollout of an SAP preventative maintenance (PM) system
• Created local 6S and training system that lead to a company wide system change
• Machine shop upgrade that improved in house ability to serve production reducing need for outsourced vendors
• Managed $250k production retooling project that improved production throughput by 30%
• Reduction of department overtime from over 50% to 10% through accountability program
• Improved OEE 30% using PM focus, critical spares MRP, accountability, and improved OEM relationships
|Years: 2013 to 2014||Employer: Diamond Mattress||Title: Operations Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:Expert was responsible for operations of a foam and traditional spring manufacturing plant.
• Developed 4 direct reports and 80 employees, in a bi-lingual union environment
• Introduced and drove lean manufacturing, ISO document control and preventative maintenance systems
• Aligned all teams as Diamon purchased an additional facility increasing our multi-site production floor space by 50%
|Years: 2007 to 2013||Employer: Tempurpedic - Sealy International||Title: Process Engineer and Operations Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:Manufacturing equipment process flow and improvement duties of largest mattress manufacturing plant in the world led to plant operations management position.
• Mentored 12 direct reports and 170 employees from two unions in a bilingual workspace
• Lead Kaizen event for sewing throughput leading to 25% improvement and a 10% reduction in required equipment
• Managed asbestos abatement project that eliminated potential contamination allowing reoccupation of workspace
• Organized site security upgrades through equipment and monitoring upgrades eliminating shrinkage issues
• Improved operations plan forecast reporting system for labor efficiency, profit and loss eliminating 4 hours of work per week for plant manager
• Lead ESH, Quality, Production, HR, Facilities, Accounting and IT teams to ensure capacity and capability were continually optimized to meet all corporate directions.
• Created ISO 9001 based document control system, authored production work instructions and revised SOPs
• Managed projects for design and installation of multiple manufacturing lines utilizing international OEMs
• Developed customer facing KPIs for NPI team leading to new mattress lines
• Project manager for plant wide energy reduction project leading to reduction in consumption
• Daily mechanical and electrical troubleshooting for cutting edge foam production and manufacturing equipment
• Member of ES&H (PV solar, LEED, LED lighting), utilities, security, ISO audit (9001 and 14000), facilities/maintenance and employee resource planning teams
|Years: 2006 to 2007||Employer: MIcroDexterity Systems||Title: Project Engineering Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:MicroDexterity Systems is a medical device/robotics research and design company. His responsibilities included synchronization of scheduling, prototype parts acquisition, international vendor correspondence and management between international design teams. He managed four engineers responsible for product development in a 3D SolidWorks and ProE CAD workspace.
|Years: 2004 to 2006||Employer: Sagebrush Technology||Title: Lead Product Engineer||Department:|
Responsibilities:Sagebrush Technology is a high precision multi-axis motion control company. Expert was responsible for creation of new product lines and troubleshooting existing product lines. His duties included project management of ANSI compliant AutoCAD drawings and report writing on analysis. He was accountable for, building maintenance/asset systems (Maximo, eMaint) and CE conformance requiring coordination between sales, customers, engineering, drafting and production. He supervised a drafting team using failure analysis and finite element analysis (FEA) of thermodynamic, fluid flow and mechanical systems.
|Years: 1997 to 2004||Employer: Faith Engineering||Title: Junior Engineer||Department:|
Responsibilities:Expert Engineering (FEI) is an environmental engineering firm specializing in groundwater remediation. There, he worked with professional engineers and certified scientists in report writing, controls system development and program management.
|Years: 1993 to 1997||Employer: United States Navy||Title: Supervisor/Technician||Department:|
Responsibilities:As aviation structural life support mechanic he was responsible for leading a team of 25 jet aircraft technicians.
|Years: 2015 to 2016||Employer: Arzon Solar||Title: Sr. Manufacturing/Engineering Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:Arzon Solar is the world's leading designer, manufacturer and installer of concentrator photovoltaic (CPV) panels.
• Daily management of metal fabrication and electro-mechanical sub-assemblies on production floor for solar concentrator units.
• Reduced manufacturing takt times of solar generators by updating tooling, plant layout and teams
• Supported field installation, operations and maintenance of legacy and current model solar generators
• Managed offshore sourcing selection and Asian site vendor evaluation resulting in parts cost reduction
• Lead MRP inventory project integration with EPDM system reducing on hand levels and improving counting times
• Created manufacturing / engineering fast feedback teams to improve relationship between the two departments
• Drafted facility layout in Visio and AutoCAD for use by EHS, Production, Maintenance and Administration
• Worked with engineering department on FMEA results in manufacturing
• Field construction 70kw solar farm system for UASTP in Tucson AZ and 15kw system in Torrance CA
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Operations Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:Employeris a international design and manufacturing company specializing in premium hand built door and window projects. We work closely with homeowners and architectural firms to bring customers dreams to life.
• Span of control includes manufacturing, engineering and supply chain areas
• Brought external quality KPI from 40% to 98% and internal yield from 70%-90%
• Stabilized production throughput and brought OT from 25% to 12%
• Improved OTD rates by over 60%
• Guidance of Continuous Improvement team for rapid non-conformance response and process improvement
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2006 to 2006||Country / Region: Germany||Summary: RnD facility inspection|
|Years: 2010 to 2010||Country / Region: China/Shanghai and Beijing||Summary: Manufacturing plant evaluation and training system implementation|
|Years: 2015 to 2015||Country / Region: China/Suzhou and Hangzhou||Summary: Vendor selection for sheet metal parts|
|Associations / Societies|
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Lean / six sigma Black Belt|