Expert in Manufacturing Technology
COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN (CAD). Expert is equally conversant with computer applications in his field, including computer-aided design, computer integrated manufacturing (CIM), and computer simulation of production operations.
CONCURRENT ENGINEERING. Expert has considerable experience with automated machine design and concurrent engineering.
MANUFACTURING HEAT TRANSFER. Expert is very knowledgeable regarding heat transfer, fluid flow, and thermodynamics. He is particularly familiar with heat pipes and heat transfer in machining and manufacturing.
SEMINARS AND TRAINING. Since 1978, Expert and his colleagues at CMT (Center for Manufacturing Technology) have taught a number of educational programs. Most of the programs are designed as 2-day seminars, but CMT often presents them as 1- or 1 1/2-day condensed courses. At present, the group's most popular classes include:
* Set-up Reduction - This course, which has been presented more than 300 times, teaches how to reduce setup times for any manufacturing process by 50 to 95 %.
* Visual Factory Management - The use of visual materials to help people carry out their work more independently is explored in this course. Expert' group has presented this seminar about 20 times in the last two years.
* Design for Manufacturing and Assembly - This class shows how using teams with design and manufacturing people can improve products and reduce development times.
* Just-in-Time or Lean Manufacturing Methods - Expert' group teaches how to achieve short delivery times with reduced inventories and often improved quality in this seminar.
* Mistake-Proofing (Poke-Yoke) The use of simple devices to indicate errors in the manufacturing process, so that the process will be stopped or adjusted before bad products are produced.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Indianapolis, Indiana - Muncie, Indiana - Anderson, Indiana - Columbus, Ohio - Cincinnati, Ohio - Dayton, Ohio - Springfield, Ohio - Hamilton, Ohio - Lexington, Kentucky - Louisville, Kentucky
|Year: 1969||Degree: PhD||Subject: Manufacturing & Mechanical Engineering||Institution: University of Cincinnatti|
|Year: 1963||Degree: Engineer||Subject: Mathematics, Physics, Engineering||Institution: Stanford University|
|Year: 1958||Degree: MS||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: M.I.T.|
|Year: 1957||Degree: BS||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: Purdue University|
|Years: 1978 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Technical Director||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1975 to 1978||Employer: Structural Dynamics Research Corp.||Title: Manager of Education||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1967 to 1975||Employer: University of Cincinnati||Title: Assistant Professor and Research Associate||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1963 to 1967||Employer: General Electric Co .||Title: Project Engineer and Program Manager||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Associations / Societies|
|Expert is a member of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and served on its International Board of Directors (1973-78), as a Chapter Officer (1975-80), and on Regional Committees (1979-85). As a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), he has served on the Education Board and as a Regional and a Chapter Education Director. Expert is also a member of the American Society for Engineering Education, the Engineering Society of Cincinnati, and the National Forum for Manufacturing. He consults and presents seminars frequently in his areas of expertise.|
|Awards / Recognition|
|Expert received the Edwin Church National Award for Continuing Education from ASME.|