Expert in Marketing, Marketing Research, Product Recalls, Juvenile Products, Digital/Distance Learning
Education and juvenile products are two areas of specific and in-depth involvement over the past 30 years. Communications, including product and service branding based and recall communications are all a part of his expert experience base. Recall programs designed and implemented by Expert have been lauded as "model recalls."
EXECUTIVE/STRATEGIC CONSULTANT/EDUCATION AND MINISTRY CONSULTANT
Dynamic Christian business professional with extensive consultation skills gained in delivering change management, consumer research, marketing, and communication strategy implementations to dozens of ministries and Christian-owned businesses.
Combines powerful business acumen and a proven ability to communicate effectively, utilizing multiple communication/presentation avenues to embed insight into stakeholders.
Engages external people and ministry partners on key issues; develops and manages brand and change management throughout the organization. Crafts and implements short and long-term budgets, staffing plans, and is accountable for adhering to financial goals. Proactively makes recommendations based on insight and market-savvy experience.
Areas of Expertise--Key Skills Assessment:
Adaptive Servant Leadership – Carries out the business or ministry strategic vision collaboratively with stakeholders by developing and executing goals, managing the market research process as it relates to the business planning process and utilizing a critical eye towards innovation in a consumer concentric environment
Organizational Change Leadership – Collaborates with business partners to determine efficient ways to reach goals utilizing change management techniques; works proactively and is an “out of the box thinker”
Team Management – Coaches teams by implementing and creating individual plans that develop each individuals’ skills and expertise. Builds multi-functional teams that work together from implementation to execution of projects in a productive, creative, and time sensitive manner. Works with corporate stakeholders regarding company vision, sales, operations and service strategies.
CYBER-SMART BUSINESS ADVISOR, C-LEVEL CONSULTANT, ENTREPRENEUR
• Dynamic business professional with extensive consultation skills gained in delivering change management, consumer research, marketing, and communication strategy implementations.
• Combines powerful business acumen and a proven ability to communicate effectively, utilizing multiple communication/presentation avenues to embed insight into businesses/stakeholders.
• Engages external customers and business partners on key issues; develops and manages brand and change management throughout the organization.
• Crafts and implements short and long-term budgets, develops ad-hoc creative staffing plans,
and is accountable for adhering to financial goals; project management skills
• Proactively makes recommendations based on insight and decades of market-savvy experience
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
-Consumer Product Marketing
-Market Research (Qualitative, Quantitative, Mixed, Experimental, Web-Based)
-New Business Development
He was the architect of a television-phone response campaign that directed voters to call Congress to express their opinion on legislation. The campaign produced more than 330,000 calls to Congress in less that 3 weeks.He was the architect/implementer of a product recall campaign involving juvenile hardgoods in which there were multiple infant deaths. The campaign was labeled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission as a "model recall"He was the architect of a communications program for a private university that resulted in enrollment gains after 5 years of decline. The program involved 15 internal departments, external media, and the creation of a complete integrated communications program.He has spoken to more than 500,000 people worldwide on the topic of HIV Prevention and was part of a government sponsored team that visited Uganda to see why the country had an declining infection rate based on the ABC program that was developed. Met with the First Lady, government officials and USAID staffers in Kampala.He was the architect for communications program that aided a small juvenile products company in going from $38 million in annual sales to $700 million in annual sales over 20 years. Activities included creation of names, logos, branding, advertising, point-of-purchase, sales promotion and support materials, and trade shows.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: New York, New York - Newark, New Jersey - Jersey City, New Jersey - Paterson, New Jersey - Elizabeth, New Jersey - Trenton, New Jersey - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Allentown, Pennsylvania - Reading, Pennsylvania - Baltimore, Maryland
|Year: 2012||Degree: A.B.D.||Subject: Leadership and distance education||Institution: Alvernia University|
|Year: 1974||Degree: M.A.||Subject: Broadcast Management||Institution: Bob Jones University|
|Year: 1972||Degree: B.A.||Subject: Radio &Television Communication||Institution: Bob Jones University|
|Years: 2000 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President||Department:||Responsibilities: He is responsible for consulting with clients in all areas listed in expertise section.|
|Years: 1993 to 2000||Employer: (Undisclosed)||Title: President||Department:||Responsibilities: He was responsible for consulting with clients in all areas listed in expertise section.|
|Years: 1981 to 1993||Employer: Scepter Group Inc.||Title: President||Department:||Responsibilities: He is responsible for consulting with clients in all areas listed in expertise section.
A start up research, marketing & communications agency that earned more than $5M in annual billings focusing on juvenile products, consumer packaged goods and educational services markets.
• Accountable for a staff of 25 comprised of writers, graphic designers, artist and clerical individuals
• Assisted client in increasing sales from $30M to $600 Million in annual sales
• Delivered marketing research that helped in maintaining enrollment
• Created national billboards, transportation advertising such as tractor-trailer graphics, signage for everything from individual product point-of-sale for national chains like Walmart® and Toys ‘R Us®, K-Mart®, etc., and the created art and specification and for entire sales environments in retail stores for specific departments.
• Created sales support materials for catalogs, custom magazines and inserts for national release (more than 3,000,000 pieces annually). Created marketing program for distance learning systems including synchronous and asynchronous, paper-based and digital along with promotional materials for the same in K-12 education venues
• Developed and implemented a new brand identity for Graco® Children’s Products--products, ads, trucks, packaging--retail marketing concepts; consultant marketing/agency for 20 years
• Crafted branding for packaging for Graco® Pack N’ Play®, Ultra-Clear™ baby monitor, and scores of other products; introduced French Renolux® car seats to US market; branded Delta Baby Products ®;
Rolled out multi-million national ad plans; staged a $1M product recall involving CPSC and NHTSA
• Created rebranding for Bob Jones University®, which included new graphics, new slogan, advertising, and produced 4 quarterly magazines; client relationship active for decades; named, branded launched BJU Press -LINC® interactive satellite service; assisted in the launch of a new asynchronous system
• Organized packaging research for Giorgio® Pennsylvania Dutchman® mushrooms (#1 US brand); multi-city research on the impact of “made in USA” on can labels, made recommendations
• Facilitated multiple simultaneous regional mall-intercept projects for new product designs and fashions for Renolux® and Delta®; provided advertising and copywriter services for national campaigns in multiple industries including higher education, medical and financial clients
• Also, started and managed a sign shop and giftware sales division of Scepter Group and sold both off; created branding advertising and sales promotion materials for medical device manufacture
• Appointed to Presidential Advisory Commission on HIV/AIDS Policy during Bush (43) Administration
• Spoken to over 500,000 people on HIV/AIDS Prevention, USA, Peru, Columbia, Uganda, South Africa
|Years: 1974 to 1981||Employer: Bob Jones University||Title: Professor||Department: School of Fine Arts||Responsibilities: Department Head, Radio-TV, faculty member.|
|Years: 1968 to 1981||Employer: WMUU||Title: Announcer||Department:||Responsibilities: AM-FM 100kw regional station playing classical and religious music|
|Associations / Societies|
|AMA, Expert, ASTD
Awards & Distinctions
American Marketing Association, Professional Member
Marketing Research Association, Member
Citation of Merit, Bob Jones University Alumni Association
|Licenses / Certifications|
|FCC N3CFR, 3rd CLASS COMMERCIAL RADIO|
|Board Member: Penngift Foundation
Have taught 10 years in higher education. For 7 years as head of Radio-TV Department at Bob Jones University; as adjunct in marketing research and marketing at both Kutztown University of Pennsylvania an Alvernia University.
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|He has edited 4-quarterly, full color niche market magazines for 19 years, produced 79 national video programs, and written frequently on blogs and websites|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|He has been deposed in health and safety cases involving blood borne pathogen transmission.|
|Training / Seminars|
|He has developed training courses and seminars for the following areas: HIV awareness, HIV transmission, Abstinence vs. multiple sexual partners and HIV transmission. Distance education, use of cell-phones as educational devices, state of digital education, conducting model product recalls, corporate communications, and prevention of lead intoxication in the battery manufacturing industry.
Education & Training
2015 Ph.D.-ABD in Leadership Studies, Alvernia University, Reading, PA
1974 Master of Arts, Communications Management, Bob Jones University, Greenville, SC
1972 Bachelor of Arts, Radio & TV Production, Bob Jones University, Greenville, SC
1968 Nitro, High School, Nitro WV
|He has extensive experience in the areas of qualitative and quantitative research implementation, consumer advertising to life-cycle markets particularly surrounding pregnancy and birth, and higher education marketing.|
|He has extensive knowledge of the juvenile hard goods industry especially as it pertains to consumer attitudes, communications technologies, packaging, and marketing. He has developed advertising profiles for multiple competitors in the juvenile and private higher education industries.|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|He has developed new models for distance/digital learning based upon changing consumer technology acceptance and use; he has designed and developed equipment and techniques for use in the focus group industry including lower cost ways to accomplish projects, different ways of recruiting, and the effective use of collaborative conferencing equipment for marketing research purposes.|