Expert in Medical Device Design and Manufacturing, Measurement Systems, Embedded Systems, etc.
Expert ID: 722935 California, USA
• Cell Counting – Used segmentation, clustering and classification techniques to count cells in fluorescent and scatter images.
• DR Bone Densitometry – Developed automatic and semi-automatic calculation of bone mineral density using digital radiography images.
• Surgical Image Processing – Developed software for the capture and processing of surgical video and images.
• Pupil Tracking – Used Matlab to develop algorithms to track pupil movement during ophthalmic surgery.
• CT Bone Densitometry – Developed algorithms/software for the automatic extraction and calculation of bone mineral density from spinal CT images. Also developed algorithms/software for the calculation of bone mineral density from hand x-ray images.
Expert has extensive experience with software engineering and real-time software engineering as listed below:
• Intra-operative WaveFront Aberrometer. Performed software verification & developed operator manual.
• Dual Infusion Pump. Developed control software for a dual infusion pump for diabetics.
• Surgical Ho:YAG Laser. Developed risk analyses protocols and procedures.
• Implantable Blood Pump. Developed software verification and validation protocols.
• Marker-less Motion Capture. Developed driver software for motor control.
• Glucose Monitoring. Developed specifications for a continuous glucose monitoring system.
• Device Instructions For Use. Developed a database for use in surgery, ICU and sterile processing.
• Eye Surgery. Developed algorithms and image processing software for pupil alignment during eye surgery.
• Osteoporosis diagnostics. Developed software for determining bone density using hand x-ray images.
• Surgical Imaging. Developed an image and video capture, review and analysis system.
• Angina Therapy. Developed system for the non-invasive treatment of angina and congestive heart failure.
• Stroke Therapy. Developed electronics and software for a laser based stroke treatment system.
• Vital Signs Monitor. Developed software & performed verification for a passive sensor vital signs monitor.
• Trans-Myocardial Revascularization. Assisted in preparing a successful FDA/PMA supplement.
• Blood diagnostics. Developed cell counting software and host PC software for this point-of-care system.
• Surgical Ho:YAG laser. Conducted feasibility study for the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
• Surgical diode laser for heart tissue ablation. Used Matlab/Simulink to model and optimize the system.
• Flat sensor pulse oximetry system. Developed system software using an embedded WinCE platform.
• Defibrillator. Developed software design documents, boot loader software & conducted code-walks.
• Surgical solid-state laser for lithotripsy and general surgery. Developed operation & maintenance manual.
• Blood separation system. Developed specs and performed verification for this ARM/FPGA product.
CT Image Reconstruction – Developed pre-processing, back-projection and postprocessing software using a specialized FPS array processor.
Magnetic Resonance Flow Mapping – Used blood flow signals to create a trans-axial color-coded flow image. MAGNAFLUX-
Crack Detection – Development of crack detection software for aircraft and automotive systems using fluorescent penetrant images. A C NIELSEN-
Face Recognition – Used motion detection, background removal and pattern recognition to track viewership of TV programs for ratings generation. NUCLETRON-
Radiation Therapy Simulation – Created CT images from a flat detector system for use in radiation therapy planning.
|Year: 1979||Degree: MS||Subject: Electrical Engineering||Institution: University of Rochester|
|Year: 1983||Degree: MBA||Subject: Business Administration||Institution: Marquette University|
|Years: 2002 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Chief Engineer & President||Department:|
Responsibilities:Expert founded the company in 2002 as a sole proprietorship and incorporated in California in 2004. His engineering company provides a full range of research and development services, including software, electrical and mechanical engineering. As an extension of the client's engineering department, the company provides the critical skills and expertise at the right time to help the client meet their product development goals.
|Years: 2000 to 2002||Employer: HEPATIQ, INC||Title: Director, Laser Systems||Department:|
Responsibilities:Company is a publicly held, ISO-9001 certified, manufacturer of lasers and fiber-optic delivery devices used for urology, arthroscopy, spine and heart surgery. Expert was hired to re-vitalize product development and broaden the product line. He worked with sales and marketing to develop the company’s product strategy and plan. He concentrated on adapting the company’s technology and patent portfolio to rapidly serve emerging markets, such as, “fee for use”. He also focused on cost reduction to improve the company’s profitability.
|Years: 1994 to 1999||Employer: VIDYACONNECT||Title: Vice President-Engineering||Department:|
Responsibilities:After a year as a product manager, expert was promoted to VP to lead product development and business expansion. He helped develop the corporate growth plan and product strategy. He identified the OEM market as a growth area, and focused on OEM customers such as GE and Philips. His efforts led to a doubling of company sales. He left after 5 1/2 years to California for family reasons.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: India||Summary: Expert has extensive contacts in India for out-sourcing of engineering and manufacturing.|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: Holland||Summary: In the mid-late 1990s, he worked with personnel at Phillips Medical Systems in Eindhoven to develop a bone densitometry package.|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: France||Summary: In the mid-late 1990s, he worked with personnel at General Electric Medical Systems in Buc to develop a bone densitometry package.|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: Brazil||Summary: In the mid 1990s, he helped set up a distributor in Brazil.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Member IEEE since 1979.|
|Instructor at UCI-Extension since 2005.|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
• Systems and methods for determining hepatic function from liver scans.
• Automated orthotic device with treatment regimen and method for using the same.
• System and method for determining structural characteristics of an object.
Fields of Expertise
biomedical imaging, medical diagnostic imaging, real-time software engineering, software engineering, medical device software, pupil, cardiac ablation, noninvasive cardiology, urology device, assisted circulation, concurrent software engineering, digital radiography, cardiovascular diagnostics, echo-planar imaging, roentgenography, laser ablation, angiography, positron emission tomography, minimally invasive surgery, application development system, 510(k) document, therapeutic device, electrosurgical instrumentation, urogenital surgery, computer-aided software engineering, biomedical instrumentation, medical diagnostics, tomography, application software, magnetic resonance imaging, electronic medical device, biomedical device, electrocardiograph, fluorescence microscopy, medical instrument, surgery, radiography, ophthalmology, nuclear medicine imaging, nuclear magnetic resonance biomedical imaging, medical X-ray, medical ultrasonics, medical device, biomedical diagnostic instrumentation, cardiovascular surgery, cardiology, arthroscopy