Expert in Microscopic Yag Laser Welding
Expert ID: 732945 North Carolina, USA
Expert's skills include the following:
● Laser welding titanium processes, theory, and procedures R&D, as well as comprehensive R&D for HSLA materials, non- ferrous, CPM’s, and high strength alloys for a wide array of clients
● Creation of specialized and comprehensive technical and hands-on YAG laser
training programs for the nuclear power, tool and die, and die cast industries
● Introduction and implementation of specific quality control protocols and dogma for YAG laser weld defect detection and suppression resulting in attenuation and elimination of plasma shear, porosity, micro fracturing, and asymmetrical weld anisotropy
● Experience in tool and die, aerospace, petrochemical, nuclear reactor components, die cast, laminate inserts, medical components, pelletized per chlorate, pelletized rocket fuel machinery, and others
● The creation of comprehensive laser welding programs for those industries and trained individuals from various companies in the above companies
● Long-term R&D and application for solving inherent YAG laser welding fault issues such as: plasma shear prevention and elimination, cracking, micro fracturing, and material undercut issues with sulfur based free-machining alloys using enhanced machine settings and specialized shielding-purging gases of a normal and isotopic nature.
● Keen training in CAD as well as Microsoft Office
As a consultant, Expert offers clients a comprehensive and relevant hands-on microscopic YAG laser welding training experience that is targeted and adaptive for meet and exceed their needs for the tool and die, aerospace, nuclear, and petrochemical industry. Based on the particular YAG laser welder model the client possess at the time, the client can be assured that they will be capable and able of employing the knowledge and welding techniques gained with confidence.
Client knowledge gained during training includes proper laser setup, aspects of laser safety, the function of laser settings and parameters in laser welding, proper alloy selections for particular jobs and situations, proper methods for preparing work pieces, in-depth and comprehensive hands-on YAG laser welding techniques, in addition to identification and elimination of defects caused by either the operator or inherent machine capabilities or set up.
|Year: 1998||Degree: Bachelor's||Subject: Manufacturing Engineer||Institution: Western Caronia University|
|Year: 1996||Degree: Associate's||Subject: Mechanical Engineering Technology||Institution: Isothermal Community College|
|Years: 2014 to 2016||Employer: Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy||Title: Substitute Teacher||Department: Education|
Responsibilities:Expert teaches Robotics, Calculus, and U.S. History.
|Years: 2005 to 2012||Employer: Filer Welding||Title: Welding Engineer||Department: Yag Laser Welding|
Responsibilities:Expert spent several years identifying YAG laser welding problems and discerning ways to solve them as well as improve the practice.
|Associations / Societies|
|Society of Manufacturing Engineers|
|Awards / Recognition|
God and Country Award
|Training / Seminars|
|Expert has conducted and directed training videos on YAG laser welding uses.|
|Expert has experience participating in trade shows in his field.|
|German||Beginner- Speaking, Reading, and Writing|