Expert in Operations, Supply Chain, Process Improvement, and Integration
Selected Highlights & Acomplishments
- Revenue Growth: As COO of 1-800 Hansons, drove process efficiencies and supply chain optimization to reduce cycle times by 15% and grow installed revenue from $70 million in 2018 to $100 million in 2019 (40%+ year-over-year). Results were achieved with only a 13% increase in headcount.
- Profit Improvement: At First Niagara Bank, outperformed against cost reduction objectives by 25% in 2012 and 160% in 2013. Utilized technology, project management, and skillful negotiating to achieve unprecedented results and impact to the bottom line from the Operations segment of the organization.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Led cross-functional M&A synergy workstreams for Private Equity and Family Office investors. As VP of Supply Chain & Contract Manufacturing guided Standard Register through Chapter 11 bankruptcy and the successful integration of two subsequent acquisitions for Taylor Corporation.
- Operational Execution: Mapped end-to-end order management processes across three of the largest companies in Taylor's portfolio, identified gaps and implemented technology solutions to drive efficiencies. Efforts yielded a 15% reduction in outsourced spending and a significant increase in plant capacity utilization
Areas of Expertise
• Strategic & Adaptive Planning
• Supply Chain Management
• Customer Experience
• Operational Restructuring
• Global Strategic Sourcing
• Technology Implementation
• Business Process Optimization
• Category & Vendor Management
• Data Analytics
• Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
• Contract Management
• Program & Project Management
• P&L Management
• EBITDA Improvement
• New Product Launch
• Private Equity & Family Office
• Manufacturing & Supplier Quality
• Regulatory Risk & Compliance
Available for panels, in-depth interviews, and surveys only.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: detroit, mi - chicago, il - milwaukee, wi - indianapolis, in - cincinatti, oh - cleveland, oh - buffalo, ny - atlanta, ga - charlotte, nc - tampa, fl - orlando, fl - nashville, tn - new york, ny - pittsburgh, pa - philadelphia, pa - washington, dc -
|Year:||Degree: Dual Masters - MBA and M.S. Industrial & Systems Engineering||Subject:||Institution: University of Michigan|
|Year:||Degree: B.S. Mechanical Engineering||Subject:||Institution: Michigan State University|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Owner / Managing Partner||Department:||Responsibilities: Management consulting firm that helps companies Fix, Scale, Integrate, and Optimize their businesses through expertise in Operations, Supply Chain, Business Process Optimization, and M&A Integration. Clients and partners include a Midwest-based private equity firm, a digital market research organization, a multinational consumer products company, and M&A advisory group, and an advanced manufacturing consulting firm.
• Built Operations KPI dashboard and led post-merger integration projects for a PE portfolio company.
• Facilitated market intelligence panels on industrial manufacturing and electric vehicle technologies.
• Provided strategic advisory insight on various industries to major consulting and investment firms
• Developed new service offerings and go-to-market strategies to enhance business development efforts for consulting clients and partners.
|Years: 2018 to 2019||Employer: 1-800 Hansons||Title: Chief Operating Officer||Department:||Responsibilities: Hansons is a $100 million, Private Equity-owned home renovation company based in the Midwest and Western U.S. Led a staff of 13 Directors and General Managers, 200+ support personnel and technicians, and 175+ installers across 15 corporate and satellite locations. Responsible for core company operations including Measure, Consumer Finance, Permits, Processing, Scheduling, Installation, Accounts Receivable and Collections, Customer Service, Customer Relations, Project Management, Supply Chain and Procurement, Facilities, and Fleet Vehicles.
• Completed American Exteriors acquisition including integration of staff, processes, and systems.
• Implemented Installer Management Program focused on increasing installation capacity through installer recruiting, retention, and performance measurement, achieving a 75% increase in installer count.
• Reduced Product Installation Cycle Times by 15% year-over-year through completion of 35 workflow optimization projects within centralized operations functions.
• Grew Installed Revenue by 40% from 2018 to 2019 with only a 13% increase in headcount.
• Implemented Net Promoter Score (NPS) and Customer Relations ticketing and response system.
• Championed talent identification and retention initiatives related to compensation redesign, career path modeling, and performance standards across major functional areas.
|Years: 2014 to 2017||Employer: Taylor Corporation||Title: Vice President - Supply Chain & Contract Manufacturing||Department:||Responsibilities: Taylor Communications is an $800 million division of Taylor Corp., a privately held company specializing in Print, Communications, Marketing, and Distribution Solutions for the Healthcare, Financial, Retail, and Industrial markets. Responsible for a staff of 60+ and direct/indirect spend of $500 million across 40+ facilities in the U.S.
• Managed Chapter 11 restructuring initiatives including supplier transition contracts and suitor due diligence.
• Led synergy development and operational integration teams responsible for merging people, processes, and systems across two corporate M&A transactions.
• Developed enterprise strategy for manufacturing capacity utilization and insourcing of finished goods spend. Achieved $45 million (15%) reduction in outsourced spend, yielding $11 million in margin uplift in 18 months.
• Drove transformation of multiple order management systems yielding a 30% increase in spend under management and enabling improvement of supplier costs and relationships.
• Rebuilt the supply management organization to provide a more impactful value proposition and contemporary functional brand, simplify and improve processes, and optimize the customer experience.
|Years: 2014 to 2017||Employer: First Niagara Financial Group||Title: FVP, Director - Source-to-Pay||Department:||Responsibilities: First Niagara was a bank with $30 billion in assets and $1.3 billion in revenue providing financial services in the northeastern U.S. Served as executive responsible for Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and an indirect spend of $400 million across 411 branches and facilities.
• Built the Supply Management Department including integration of Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets, development of a 5-year strategic plan, and establishment of policies, procedures, data, and reporting.
• Owned functional P&L and outperformed on cost reduction objectives by 25% in 2012 and 160% in 2013.
• Formed an Enterprise Sourcing Council to ensure business alignment and supply chain process adherence.
• Implemented a contract management cleanup that raised Spend Under Contract from 28% to 60%.
• Built business case and initiated the launch of the SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing Technology Suite.
|Years: 2009 to 2011||Employer: Columbus McKinnon||Title: Director - Global Sourcing & Supply Chain||Department:||Responsibilities: Columbus McKinnon is a $700 million leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of industrial equipment and services. Provided supply chain leadership on the spending of $300 million across 47 global facilities. Led 9 Category Managers, Supplier Development Engineers, and Data Analysts in the U.S. and China and 50+ matrixed reports.
• Developed and implemented the Global Executive Purchasing Steering Committee on behalf of the CEO.
• Exceeded annual savings objectives by 30% in each of three fiscal years during tenure.
• Negotiated a 40% reduction in FY12 price increases driven by raw materials, currency, and labor inflation.
• Led sourcing localization and project management activities for a core product line transfer to China.
• Managed corporate fleet supporting Sales and Maintenance teams.
|Years: 2007 to 2009||Employer: Electrolux||Title: Director - Advanced Procurement||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1992 to 2007||Employer: Ford Motor Company / AutoAlliance International||Title: Engineering, Quality, Purchasing Manager||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Professional Realtors License - State of Michigan (Michigan Institute of Real Estate)|
|PMI Advisors - Advisory Board Member
Farmington Woods Homeowners Association - Board Member, VP of Standards and Communications
|25+ years in Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Quality, and Supply Chain leadership roles for small, middle market, and Fortune 500 companies across a range of industries.|