Expert in Organizational Transformation, Product Development and Market Expansion
Expert ID: 736557 Texas, USA
He is passionate about offering and providing a consultative/advisory voice, to benefit those with qualified information for the betterment of industry, companies, employees and their customers/end-users.
Areas of Expertise:
Emotional Intelligence Practice
Business Process Optimization
Brand Marketing /Management
Product Positioning Roadmap
Key Client Acquisition/Retention
Cross-Functional Team Leadership
Strategic Business Planning
Team/Consensus Building Approach
|Year: 1989||Degree: MBA||Subject: Business||Institution: University of Maryland, University College (Attended)|
|Year: 1985||Degree: BS||Subject: Economics & Marketing (Double Degree)||Institution: University of Maryland, College Park|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Executive Vice President||Department:||Responsibilities: As a member of the executive team, leading the effort to define clear go-to-market strategies to launch the business. Migrating from the start-up phase to an emerging growth company. Prioritized leadership focus on onboarding, senior operations, marketing and sales execs to effectively implement the strategies set forth. Teaming with fellow business leaders and stakeholders to support state licensing as well as examining and negotiating viable state, regional and national acquisitions. Currently involved in presenting the company to investors, as the company pursues a Series B funding round.|
|Years: 2017 to 2018||Employer: White Stag Ventures/The Image Leader||Title: Business Owner||Department:||Responsibilities: Designed and developed focused marketing strategies, SEO, for local/small businesses|
|Years: 2014 to 2017||Employer: Eclypses, Inc. (Subsidiary of Secure Cloud Systems, Inc.) – IoT Security||Title: IoT Cyber-Chief Business Officer||Department:||Responsibilities: Drove the vision to identify targeted sectors within IoT space. Orchestrated go-to-market sales and marketing initiatives. Presented an approved roadmap to team and stakeholders. Worked with limited marketing dollars, collaborated internally to build website and selected trade-shows to establish early brand awareness and notoriety. Offered proprietary data-at-rest, data-in-motion protection bolstered by proprietary MicroTokenization security capabilities, which removed data and replaced with constantly evolving tokens/algorithms.
- Spearheaded building an alliance partnership strategy, to unite with Z-Wave and Zigbee, short-range wireless technologies, universally recognized in the IoT sector.
- Generated 100% increase in client acquisition after being hand-selected to establish the brand and manage the IoT business unit, consisting of 23 individuals, including Sales, Marketing and Operations.
- Provided data security protection needs and ensured compliance with regulatory standards.
- Championed authoring elementary charter pricing approach, yielding swift client acquisition and immediate onboarding of prospective clients. Industry Beneficiaries: Critical Infrastructure, Home Automation, Medical, Automotive & Government & Military.
|Years: 2009 to 2014||Employer: RamQuest||Title: Saas Focused Sales Executive||Department:||Responsibilities: Led 11-member team to revamp Business Process Optimization (BPO) implementation approach as a loss leader. Business expansion was created by offering a Gap Analysis report, measuring areas for process improvement in productivity and efficiency. Constructed new business model to build alliance partnerships with service providers and key clients in the Land Settlement, Legal industries & Lending community.
- Executed the strategic, national rollout of Closing Market (online, eCollaboration/eTransaction Platform, yielding a 40% YOY increase as a result of the new product launch.
- Authored and executed the business plan and marketing strategy to sell the widely acclaimed software closing solution in the Title & Escrow industry—utilizing industry-leading three-step implementation, training and mentoring model.
- Achieved several milestones, including beating the annual budget by 18%, increased annual budgeted sales by 23% -34% and increased YOY prior.
- Enabled $ 13K cost savings monthly, by establishing an in-house training method at corporate headquarters.
|Years: 2007 to 2009||Employer: Listingbook, LLC||Title: Vice President, Real Estate Marketing||Department:||Responsibilities: Chartered a company-wide approved plan to penetrate and develop new, key emerging markets to secure and increase the company’s presence on a national level. Architected sales and operations structure for field organization. Hired & shepherded a national team of eight regional sales directors, and four inside sales/support representatives to accomplish and surpass national P/L objectives.
- Recognized for the achievement of an 80% gain against annual benchmarks Year 1 & 2
- Utilized excellent interpersonal skills to foster meaningful business relationships with multiple listing service C-level leaders and high-level MLS board members.
- Applied excellent leadership acumen to coordinate and execute the company’s largest national launch in Southern California through largest MLS & Realtor client acquisition in company history.
- Innovative one-of-a-kind system allowed agents and consumers to seamless connect through an integrated platform of current market information client servicing, sales productivity, and direct marketing tools, affording the company over 50,000 agents benefitting from the system.
|Years: 1996 to 2007||Employer: Dominion Enterprises||Title: Vice President||Department: Sales & Operations Online/Offline Marketing||Responsibilities: Promoted to senior management to lead the company’s Major Broker Services unit which produced 200 + targeted real estate periodicals & online listing/agent marketing platform, Homes.com. Led and managed national sales and customer service team 8 direct reports totaling 27, with accountability for nine online and offline product lines and $ 23 million in annual revenues. Net Operating margins at 38-40%. Played key role in turnaround from loss of $600K to net operating contribution of $15 million in three years.
- Achieved 28% net operating profit, highest of all the divisions, by increasing revenues by 34%, leading expense reduction effort and establishing ongoing cost containment measures.
- Attracted advertisers by cutting production lead time 50%, streamlining and automating existing processes.
- Introduced Total Quality Management principles, reduced credit requests, saving approx. $1.1 million per year.
- Led restructuring efforts reducing fixed costs 34% and consolidating territories yielding better net profits.
- Added $7.8 million in gross revenue by introducing and successfully marketing new product line – privately branded periodicals top-producing agents for mid-size brokers – to address downturn in core advertising revenues.
Brought in to lead change in under-performing region with weak product lines and ineffective sales force. Managed operations, sales and marketing with staff of 43 in 11 states. Full P&L responsibility for $22 million. Also selected as business leader of seven-member team bundling 7 core products to new single strategic core offering. Completely transformed the business unit in 12 months, exceeding both sales and profit targets.
- Re-branded and re-launched each periodical, creating new distribution channels increasing usage and pick-up by targeted consumers.
- Achieved the lowest cost-per-unit in the company by decentralizing to regional ad submission and graphics production.
- Cleared 97% of outstanding A/R issues within four months by establishing formal procedures and specialized accounting team.
- Dramatically improved sales performance by replacing poor performers, establishing a sense of mission, and developing formal lead prospecting systems. Established customer service culture post sale.
|Years: 1989 to 1996||Employer: Libbey-Owens-Ford Company||Title: Regional Vice President||Department:||Responsibilities: Led sales and marketing efforts for nine-state Southeast market. Trained and supervised 27 sales people and six trainees for placement throughout Southeast. Coordinated and conducted knowledge-based seminars for new customers. Restructured sales force to eliminate non-productive competition and streamline sales process.
- Drove a 24% increase in division-wide sales within 12 months by developing sound client relationships and promoting value propositions of product line.
Manager of Sales & Operations
Conceived and managed strategic positioning for the company’s entry into new markets. Also oversaw twenty-one person wholesale operation.
- Delivered 140% of fiscal year budget, and 207% of profit objective.
|Associations / Societies|
|Amreican Marketing Association, 1982-1885|
|Awards / Recognition|
|Outstanding Marketing Student Award|