Expert in Patent and Trademark Law (All Aspects)
Expert ID: 736470 Israel
Currently counseling Hi Tech firms around the world on creating and managing strategic programs to protect inventions, technology and trademarks, including contracts, disputes and opinions.
|Year: 1978||Degree: JD||Subject: Law||Institution: Brooklyn Law School|
|Year: 1975||Degree: BSEE||Subject: Electrical Engineering||Institution: Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn|
|Years: 2008 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Owner||Department:||Responsibilities: Primarily consulting to Hi Tech firms around the work to create and manage strategic programs to protect technology, inventions and trademarks, including opinions, contracts and disputes.|
|Years: 1982 to 2008||Employer: Self Employed||Title: Managing Partner||Department:||Responsibilities: Law firm representing clients from around the world regarding patent and trademarks, including patent and trademark searching, filing and prosecuting applications, contracts and licensing, opinions, disputes, litigation and appeals.|
|Years: 1978 to 1972||Employer: Self Employed||Title: Associate||Department:||Responsibilities: Primarily patent prosecution, filing and prosecuting trademark applications, legal research|
|Years: 1975 to 1978||Employer: Self Employed||Title: per diem Patent Agent||Department:||Responsibilities: Preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications, legal research|
|Associations / Societies|
|International Trademark Association:
Federal Legislative Committee, 1985-1988
Trade Practices Committee, 1988-1989
Dictionary Committee, 1999-1990
Forums Committee, 1990-1991
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Committee, 1992-1993, 1996 - 1998
Publications Committee, 1993-1994
Brand Names Education Foundation-National Moot Court Competition; 1994-1995
Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee 2002 -2004
While serving on the PTO Comm. of INTA, he helped plan and lectured at various teaching seminars for Trademark Examiners of the US Patent & Trademark Office.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|1975 - registered US Patent Office
1979 - admitted to Bar of New York State
Now listed as retired
|After the Soviet Union dissolved, in 1992 and 1993, Expert visited and provided counsel to the new Patent Offices being created in Kiev, Minsk, Riga and Vilna and taught a teaching seminar to the Examiners of the new Russian Patent Office in Moscow. During the same time period, he met with hundreds of inventors and research centers to educate them about the worldwide patent system.|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|One case to date.|
|Training / Seminars|
|Coordinator and principal lecturer for the IP continuing legal education courses at Pace University School of Law.
Seminar entitled What is Intellectual Property? in cooperation with the Polytechnic University MSc in Management program in North Tel Aviv, Israel, January 2008
• Seminar on New US Patent Rules, Rosh Ha’Ayin, Israel, in cooperation, November 2007
• Interactive roundtable discussion on Where and when to file patent applications, US Provisional applications and PCT applications, Rosh Ha’Ayin, Israel, March 2006
• The Difference Between Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights, Polytechnic Institute of New York, Rehovot, Israel, January 2006
• Ownership Of Intellectual Property, Hudson Valley Technology Group, Saugerties, New York, September 2005
• Protection Of Inventions In the Unites States, Polytechnic Institute of New York, Rehovot, Israel, July 2005
• Don’t Throw Away Your IP, World Trade Counsel, Westchester County Association, December 2004
• Intellectual Property – New York To Jerusalem, Israel, January 2002, in cooperation with Jeremy Ben David & Co.
• Protection Of Trademarks And Inventions In The United States, Israel Export Institute, Tel Aviv, Israel, February 2000
• Intellectual Property Law Continuing Legal Education Program, Pace University School of Law, 1999 and 2001
• Training Program for US Trademark Examiners at US PTO, on behalf of US Trademark Association, 1997
• Training Sessions for Patent Examiners and Patent Attorneys, Moscow, Russia; Minsk, Belarus, Vilna, Lithuania and Riga, Latvia, 1992 – 1994
• Protection of Inventions In The United States, Riga, Latvia, March 1992; Moscow, Russia, May 1992; Minsk, Belarus, May 1992; Kiev, Ukraine, June 1992; Vilna, Lithuania, 1993
• Doing Business in the United States, Sankt Peterberg, Russia, November 1991
• Preparation of U.S. Patent Applications, Moscow, U.S.S.R. 1989
|Other Relevant Experience|
|From 1974 until the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Expert's father and he were the principal U.S. patent and trademark attorneys for the Patent Department (Sojuzpatent) of the U.S.S.R. Chamber of Commerce & Industry. During those nearly 18 years, they handled on average 100 new cases a year. He was an active participant at the US/USSR joint Trade Exposition in Moscow in 1989, which was one of the seminal events in opening trade relations between the countries.
He has handled all aspects of IP cases, including TROs, Preliminary Injunctions motions, Summary Judgment, Jury and Non-Jury trials, and Discovery. Expert has appeared in federal courts in about 30 different states, and has successfully argued cases before the Court of Appeals – Federal Circuit and the Court of Appeals – Second Circuit.
Fields of Expertise
intellectual property, intellectual property management, intellectual property analysis, intellectual property strategy, intellectual property due diligence, international patent law, legal patenting, patent cases, patent application, patent claim chart, patent claim construction, patent interpretation, patent infringement analysis, patentability evaluation, trademark law, trademark infringement, trademark