Expert in Payroll, Benefits, HR and Retirement Planning Space
Expert ID: 736112 New York, USA
|Year: 1988||Degree: B.S.||Subject: Business Economics||Institution: Oneonta State College|
|Year: 1990||Degree: MBA||Subject: Dual Concentration in Finance and Marketing||Institution: Binghamton University|
|Years: 1999 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: CEO||Department:||Responsibilities: Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Analytics, Budgeting, Staff Development, Leadership
● Created a company that simplifies the administration of employee benefit, payroll and retirement plans on a tax efficient and HR complaint manner for small and mid-size organizations
● Services include Benefit Administration Portals, Payroll systems, Time and Attendance, Health Reimbursement Arrangements, Flexible Spending Accounts, Transit Reimbursement Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Medical Expense Reimbursement Plans, and COBRA administration.
● Compliance support services include HR audits, policy and procedure reviews. Creation of employee handbooks, management training and notification protocols
● Developed all marketing material, sales collateral and proposal presentations.
● Responsible for establishing claim processing guidelines, staff protocol and product training.
|Years: 1997 to 1999||Employer: Group Health Incorporated||Title: Sales Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: • Managed sales team consisting of six salespeople and two support positions.
• Responsible for all community-rated group health insurance sales throughout New York State.
• Created a new managed care product, including all underwriting guidelines, internal processing systems, and all applicable marketing materials.
• Performed product presentations to internal departments and an external statewide network of 29 general agents.
• Increased sales over 280% during my tenure.
|Years: 1997 to 1997||Employer: Precise Benefits Administrators, Inc.||Title: Marketing Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: • Started a Flexible Spending Division within the company. Created complete sales and marketing program. Oversaw all product implementation and operational functions.
• Accountable for coordinating all fully insured and self-funded sales, including development of new tracking system for all prospect and account management activity.
• Supervised and trained sales department, consisting of two salespeople and two support positions.
• Cultivated all self-funded vendor and insurance carrier relationships.
• Re-negotiated all self-funded vendor contracts.
• Responsible for client communication regarding legislative benefit compliance issues.
|Years: 1996 to 1997||Employer: Precise Benefits Administrators, Inc.||Title: Employee Benefits Account Executive||Department:||Responsibilities: • Managed book of business consisting of 45 fully insured clients (sized 10-500 employees), and 15 self-funded clients (sized 50-1,100 employees).
• Responsible for maintenance and growth of all lines of business, including medical, dental, Rx, life, disability and flexible spending programs.
• Solicited new business through direct and broker relationships.
• Increased commission and service fees $600,000 in first year through growth of in-force business and the addition of 19 new clients.
|Years: 1995 to 1996||Employer: Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield||Title: Broker Account Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: • Developed and maintained professional relationships with brokers and consultants promoting Empire’s products to experience-rated prospects and existing clients.
• Extensive working knowledge of indemnity and managed care products, including all forms of alternative funding and underwriting.
• Responsible for coordination of one account representative and six service personnel in maintaining a local and national book of business, consisting of 81 accounts and equaling $19 million in premium.
• Supervised two business development representatives in achieving sales goals of community-rated upgrades and prospect sales. Team leader in sales production in 1995.
|Years: 1994 to 1995||Employer: Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield||Title: Broker Account Executive||Department:||Responsibilities: • Produced new prospect sales on brokered accounts sized 51 employees and above.
• Procured new business quotes from brokers and consultants through referrals and cold calling.
• Presented all brokered renewals, maintaining a 94% persistency level.
• Led two account representatives and two service personnel in maintaining 95 corporate accounts, equaling $14.4 million in premium
|Years: 1992 to 1994||Employer: Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield||Title: Benefits Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: • Responsible for prospect sales, upgrades and renewals on a direct book of business consisting of 44 incentive-rated accounts with annual premium of $6.4 million.
• Generated new business opportunities through cold calling and canvassing.
• Marketed product portfolio to decision makers and employees through formal presentations and open enrollment meetings.
• Coordinated all aspects of account maintenance, including renewals, underwriting, service, membership, billing and account reporting.
|Years: 1990 to 1992||Employer: Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield||Title: Internal Auditor||Department:||Responsibilities: • Reviewed and appraised the efficiency of financial, administrative and operational controls.
• Conducted field audits of community-rated groups.
|Associations / Societies|
|• Member – Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
• Past President – Group Insurance Association of New York (GIA)
• Past Vice President – National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
• Past NAIFA Committee Chair – Health Insurance
• Past NAIFA Committee Chair – Legislative PAC
• Past Vice President – National Association of Health Underwriters
• Past Member – TEC (Vistage)
• Member – Entrepreneur’s Organization
• Mentor – Long Island Scholastic Mentoring Program
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Life and Heath Insurance Licensed
Series 6, 62 and 65 Securities Licensed