Expert in Petroleum Geochemistry, Petroleum Systems Analysis, and Basin Modeller
Expert ID: 733030 United Kingdom
She has particular strengths in the Geochemical characterization of source rocks and fluids, thermal, migration models and in the integration with geological and engineering data. Expert is also highly experienced in working and leading multidisciplinary teams. She is skilled in producing written and oral communications. Proficiencies include specialized computer software, data management and analysis. She has worked in a number of international locales, including the UK, Norway North Sea, Barents Sea-Norway, Angola and Venezuela.
Expert has led several teams and successfully delivered projects that lead to the identification and maturation of new exploratory opportunities and prospects for drilling in the western and eastern Venezuelan basins.
Expert has coordinated and served as a member of several technical and scientific committees. She is a contributor and presenter in a number of international congresses.
Expert has demonstrated her geochemistry accomplishments and skills as Petroleum System Analyst and Geochemist for BP-Exploration-UK (Eurasia Regional Team) and previously for PDVSA (Venezuela’s oil national industry).
• Responsible for documenting charge access models in different semi-regional projects in Exploration UK & Norway North Sea for licence rounds, leads inventory and for farming opportunities.
• Produced an Integrated Fluid Characterization at field development scale in the General Projects Organization for the development of the ultra-deep water fields B31SE & PCC fields in Angola.
• Conducted gas/oil-source rock geochemical correlation and source rock maturity models to support the prospect description in Western and Central Maracaibo Basin-Venezuela
• Produced a high resolution fluids geochemistry characterisation that demonstrated the presence of a new petroleum systems in the Barinas Apure Basin
• Responsible for geochemically documenting the fluid families and source rock in all the Venezuelan Basins
• Participated in the production of the Venezuela’s latest regional petroleum geological Data synthesis
• Assembled the first Organic Geochemistry Database in PDVSA (Venezuela) which was critical source of information to define petroleum systems studies.
• Supported the different exploration teams as a Petroleum Geochemist working in a multidisciplinary team of specialists
• Overall responsibility for the Western Zulia project, focused on the maturation of prospects, and conversion to drilling, of locations in the Maracaibo basin with the objective of addressing the gas shortage experienced in the country’s western region.
• Overall responsibility for the identification and maturation of new prospects in the South East Maracaibo basin. Twelve (12) Eocene prospects were listed for drilling.
• Overall responsibility for the identification and maturation of new prospects in block I of Maracaibo Lake. Nine (9) Cretaceous and Eocene prospects were listed.
• Responsible for the feasibility study to determine hydrocarbon prospectivity in blocks offered by Cuba, Paraguay and Bolivia.
• Participated in several technical international workshops with companies such as Shell and Petro Vietnam.
• Responsible for the coordination and delivery of the Punta Pescador and Venezuelan Gulf Data Room, and Data Pack.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE PROMOTION OF ORGANIC GEOCHEMISTRY
• Author and co-author of 21 technical publications in the subjects covering the areas of Organic Geochemistry Characterization, Petroleum system analysis, Basin Modelling, multidisciplinary integration, prospects characterization, and sedimentology.
• Member of the technical board of the European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers, supporting the Congress in selecting papers to publish.
• Member of the technical board and journal Co-Editor of the Latino-American Association of Organic Geochemistry 2008-2009
• Responsible for the technical and logistical organization of the 11th Organic Geochemistry Latin-American Congress (Margarita, Venezuela).
• Responsible for the organization of the 1st Exploration and Integrated Studies Symposium (Maturin, Venezuela). Member of the Technical committee.
• Coordinated and tutored thesis’s for under and post graduate students of the Central University of Venezuela.
|Year: 1998||Degree: M.Phil||Subject: Fossil Fuels and Organic Geochemistry||Institution: University of Newcastle upon Tyne (UK)|
|Year: 1993||Degree: Specialization||Subject: Petroleum Geology||Institution: University of Zulia (Venezuela)|
|Year: 1991||Degree: Degree||Subject: Geochemistry||Institution: Central University of Venezuela|
|Years: 2012 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Petroleum System Analyst||Department:|
Responsibilities:Expert has served BP as Petroleum System Analyst (Eurasia Regional Team) since 2014. Prior to this time, she served BP as Petroleum System Analyst (GPO Angola) from 2012-14.
|Years: 1998 to 2011||Employer: PDVSA||Title: Exploration Team Leader; Principal Geochemist||Department:|
Responsibilities:Expert served this Venezuelan state-owned oil and natural gas company as Exploration Team Leader in multiple locations for most of a decade (Puerto La Cruz twice as well as Maracaibo) (2003-11). Prior to this time she served the company as Principal Geochemist (1998-2003).
|Years: 1990 to 1996||Employer: Maraven, Venezuela||Title: Various Scientific Roles||Department:|
Responsibilities:Expert assumed multiple technical roles during her time with this Venezuelan oil company. She was Exploration Organic Geochemist from 1990-96. Throughout this period she was also Clastic Sedimentologist (1993-95) and Field Production Geologist (1990-93).
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 1990 to 1996||Country / Region: Venezuela||Summary: Expert worked technical geological and geochemical roles for an oil company.|
|Years: 1998 to 2011||Country / Region: Venezuela||Summary: She was Exploration Team Leader for PDVSA at multiple Venezuelan locations. She was also Principal Geochemist.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Latin-American Organic Geochemical Association
European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (Member of the association and technical board)
European Association of Organic Geochemists (Member)
International Geochemical Society (Member)
|Publications and Patents Summary|
| Expert is a committed contributor to the promotion of geochemistry. She has authored or co-authored several publications in the areas of Organic Geochemistry Characterization, Petroleum System Analysis, Basin Modelling, Multidisciplinary Integration, Prospects Characterization, and Sedimentology.
She has 24 articles and extended abstracts, as well as 6 internal reports.