Expert in Photovoltaics
* Developed detailed specifications and marketing plan for new PV product.
* Prepared detailed market, competitor analysis, pro forma for international firms which resulted in a joint venture.
* Detailed analyses of all manufacturing processes (single crystal, cast ingot poly crystal, ribbon and sheet, amorphous silicon, copper indium diselenide, concentrators.
* Analysis of quality problems from cell production and testing to packaged product inspection and statistical testing.
* Served as an expert witness on patent litigation.
* Prepared business plan for a new PV consumer product.
* Ten megawatt cast ingot polysilicon, fully automated plant design, equipment spec, cost analysis, and pricing.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Virginia Beach, Virginia - Norfolk, Virginia - Chesapeake, Virginia - Richmond, Virginia - Newport News, Virginia - Hampton, Virginia - Portsmouth, Virginia - Suffolk, Virginia
|Year: 1962||Degree: MS||Subject: Physics||Institution: Iowa State University|
|Year: 1957||Degree: BS||Subject: Physics||Institution: Iowa State University|
|Years: 1981 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1978 to 1981||Employer: Texas Instruments Incorporated||Title: Director||Department: Photovoltaics Division, Department of Energy||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1975 to 1978||Employer: Texas Instruments Incorporated||Title: Coordinator||Department: Planning Division of Solar Energy, Energy R & D Administration||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1974 to 1975||Employer: Texas Instruments Incorporated||Title: Manager||Department: Product Planning, Consumer Products||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1971 to 1974||Employer: Texas Instruments Incorporated||Title: Senior Business Analyst||Department: Corporate Research & Engineering||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1969 to 1971||Employer: Texas Instruments Incorporated||Title: Senior Business Analyst||Department: Materials Group||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1967 to 1969||Employer: Texas Instruments Incorporated||Title: Manager||Department: New Business Development, Chemical Materials Division||Responsibilities:|
|Associations / Societies|
|Expert was a member of the Board of Directors of the American Solar Energy Society (1982-90) and a member of the Board of Directors of the Solar Energy Industries Association. He has served as Chairman of the Board of Solar Electric Light fund.|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Expert's publications include papers on all aspects of solar energy, thermal diffusivity measurements on silicon and ARMCO iron, computer programs for diffusion using difference techniques, thermoelectricity, economics of nonferrous metals, and strategic analysis. He has prepared technical reports on strategic planning, economic modeling, market analysis, closed cycle coolers, ultraviolet in space, thermal effects in GaAs transistors, energy beam materials preparation, extreme environment electronics, fuel cells as engine generator replacements, thermal design of spacecraft, clad metal materials systems, specialty chemical markets, and nonferrous metal economics.