Expert in Planning, Critical Path Analysis, Large Mergers, Program and Project Analytics, Geo Data Analysis
Expert ID: 730211 United Kingdom
Schedule of Events(SoE) Owner
- Responsible for managing the preparation and execution of the Schedule of Events governing the transfer of 30.6 million Halifax and Bank of Scotland customer accounts with balances of £127bn onto Lloyds Banking Group systems
- Charged with the development of the framework that baselined, tracked and controlled all IT activities that made up the SoE during the preparatory events and the live weekend event itself
- While the primary responsibility was the IT SoE’s, it was agreed that all SoE’s (including Business led activities) would be tracked using the same mechanisms in order to standardise the process and associated reporting
- Recruited a team of 9 specialist planners to provide support to implementation managers engaged in the building of the SoE’s for the various platforms
- The team also provided valuable planning support to the Business Divisions: Retail; Group Operations; wCBS; Insurance; Wealth & International and Finance
- Proprietary database tools were implemented for tracking and controlling the overall schedule providing us with detailed exception reporting, and valuable statistical management information
- All aspects of the migration were studied in detail to ensure that the SoE was as accurate as possible leading into the event, no stone was left unturned leading to a very successful migration
Programme Office Manager: Set up a new programme office for large programme introducing general merchandise to Sainsbury’s Online
- Developed integrated programme plan incorporating Business and IT activity
- Set up governance framework for managing several key management forums including the programme steering committee
- Implemented proprietary system for tracking the IT Portfolio of c.100 projects reporting all Risks, Issues, Milestones and Dependencies
- Provided data quality assurance for availability reporting and new product uploads
Programme Office Manager: Set up a new Programme Office for a major compliance programme, including all standard governance processes
- Set up a Programme Assurance function to assist in troubleshooting Workstreams experiencing difficulties with delivery, leveraging subject matter experts and super users where required
- Introduced a centralised PMO data repository for tracking plans, requirements and control metrics
- Assisted in the successful development and implementation of a tactical solution for tracking and reporting of arrears and default information on customer accounts
Integration Planning Manager: The initial assignment was an intervention to help standardise planning management and reporting processes for the Central Programme Office on the Littlewoods-Shop Direct Integration Programme. This extended to all aspects of the PMO including Risks, Issues, Costs, Benefits and Change Control. Was appointed planning manager for the remainder of the integration and continued to consult on subsequent Group wide initiatives, these included:
1) Group Investment Portfolio; Planning, prioritisation and mobilisation.
2) Strategic Planning; 5 year plans across all divisions.
3) Hand Held terminal Replacement Project; Planning and Mobilisation.
Numerous assignments at Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
Planning Manager – Ulster Bank/First Active Integration: Appointed as Planning Manager for the Ulster Bank/First Active Integration Programme. Facilitated the initial planning and scoping of the integration programme and produced a high level strategic plan, in consultation with the Strategy & Architecture Team, underpinned by clear deliverables for each division. The programme consisted of numerous Workstreams and c.100 projects; this required stakeholder management, a clear understanding of the challenges ahead and the ability to communicate at sponsor level.
Planning Manager – Direct Line/Churchill Integration: Appointed as Planning Manager for the integration programme that was to create the RBS Insurance Division. The integration involved several releases that required co-ordination across numerous Workstreams. Drew up the integration and benefits delivery schedules, implemented weekly tracking and reporting processes and provided planning techniques training and guidance to teams throughout the programme.
Senior Planner – Group Value Programme: A Group Programme Office was established to manage the Group’s change management portfolio subsequent to the RBS NatWest Integration Programme; in excess of 300 projects split out across several divisions. Designed and implemented a planning process and tracking system that was rolled out to all Divisional Programme Offices, providing them with relevant training and support.
PMO Consultant – RBS-NatWest Integration: The initial assignment was to provide programme management process expertise to the IT Integration PMO following the £22billion acquisition of NatWest, this involved all aspects of programme management control, assurance and communication. Responsibilities included Scope, Risk & Issue Management, Planning and Reporting. Intervention was also required where projects were experiencing difficulty keeping to the agreed schedule. Worked closely with Programme Assurance team on scheduling issues and notably conducted detailed assurance and critical path analysis on the detailed schedule of events for the Go Live.
|Year: 1999||Degree: Diploma||Subject: Project Management||Institution: Varsity College, Cape Town|
|Years: 2002 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Director||Department: Planned & Analytics||Responsibilities: Responsible for providing customers with PMO, Planning and Implementation consultancy services, involved in several very large integration programmes through entire programme lifecycles. Specialities include Portfolio Management, Planning, Critical Path Analysis and the mobilisation of large programmes of work, monitoring progress of plans, budgets, resources and benefits. Clients have included Royal Bank of Scotland, Norwich Union, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Littlewoods, Orange, Vodafone, Sainsburys, Advanced Medical Optics, Remgro and Lloyds Banking Group.
|Years: 2001 to 2002||Employer: Royal Bank of Scotland||Title: Planning & Reporting Consultant||Department: IT Integration||Responsibilities: The initial assignment was to provide programme management process expertise to the IT Integration PMO following the £22billion acquisition of NatWest, this involved all aspects of programme management control, assurance and communication. Responsibilities included Scope, Risk & Issue Management, Planning and Reporting. Intervention was also required where projects were experiencing difficulty keeping to the agreed schedule. Worked closely with Programme Assurance team on scheduling issues and notably conducted detailed assurance and critical path analysis on the detailed schedule of events for the Go Live.
|Years: 2000 to 2001||Employer: KPMG||Title: Planner - PMO Manager||Department: Consulting||Responsibilities: Co-ordinated the planning for the implementation of a new billing software system in a multinational telecommunications company. Ran the Programme Office suporting programme management and teams of consultants working on a variety of change management projects within a Blue Chip client
|Training / Seminars|
|Schedule of Events Implementation Training;
Programme Planning Training;
PMO Set-Up Training;
Critical Path Analysis Training
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Schedule of Events Implementation Planning;
Critical Path Analysis
|Afrikaans||Grew up in South Africa, fluent in Afrikaans|
Fields of Expertise
Access software, critical path method, Microsoft Office software, Microsoft Project Manager, planning, project planning, scheduling, Microsoft, strategic action planning, disaster recovery planning, cash flow planning, quality assurance project plan, open database connectivity standard, process planning, project cost management, resource planning, project planning software, Microsoft Excel, software documentation control, research and development planning, corporate strategic planning, cost analysis, software planning, management, project management software selection, control process, strategic planning, cost control, software project management, quality control, project management, capacity planning, database, data analysis, budget control