Expert in Plumbing, Piping, Fire Sprinklers, Hot water scalds, Water damage, Product defects, Water Heaters
He is an expert with Backflow Preventers, Instructor of Backflow Prevention Seminars.
He is a Member of International Code Council and Chairman of the International Residential Plumbing & Mechanical Code Committee.
He is an expert in evaluating construction defects for mechanical systems.
ICBO no longer exists. They joined up with BOCA and SSCCI to form the International Code Council in 1995. They are now known as the International Code Council.
He is an expert with all mechanical valve types for plumbing and process piping systems.
He serves on numerous mixing valve standard committees with the American Society of Sanitary Engineering (ASSE). He serves on ASSE 1016, ASSE 1017, ASSE 1070, ASSE 1071, ASSE 1069, ASSE 1066 and ASSE 1062.
He has over 30 years’ experience designing plumbing and process pipeline systems. He is also an expert with plastic piping systems. He has also been a monthly columnist for "Plumbing Engineer Magazine" for the last 15 years.
He has served on BOCA Code Committees and International Plumbing Code Committees. He is Currently Chairman of the International Residential Plumbing & Mechanical Code Committee. He is also a member of the International Association of Plumbing & Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) Standards council that oversees the development of the Uniform Plumbing Code, the Uniform Mechanical Code, the Uniform Solar Enrgy Code and the Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code.
He is a member of the following Plumbing Standard writing organizations:
- Member of the IAPMO “Standards Council” Overseeing the Uniform Plumbing & Mechanical Codes
- Member of the Uniform Plumbing Code “Answers and Analysis Committee”
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) - Member of several plumbing product standard committees:
- A112 Support Team member reviewing all drafts of ASME A112 plumbing product standards
- A112 North-American Harmonization Committee: to harmonize ASME Standards with Canadian Standards
- A112.4.1: Relief Valve Drain, Member, Standard committee
- A112.4.3: Water Closet Seal, Member, Standard committee
- A112.4.7: Sub-metering systems, Member, Standard committee
- A112.4.14: Manually operated quarter turn shut-off valves for plumbing systems, Member, Standard committee
- A112.6.3: Floor Drains, Member, Standard committee
- A112.6.4: Roof Drains, Member, Standard committee
- A112.6.7: Floor Sinks, Member, Standard committee
- A112.6.9: Siphonic Roof Drain Systems, Member, Standard committee
- A112.14.3: Grease interceptors, Member, Standard committee
- A112.14.4: Grease Removal Device, Member, Standard committee
- A112.14.5: Oil interceptor, Member, Standard committee
- A112.14.6: Standard committee
- A112.18.3 Backflow Device, Member, Standard committee
- A112.18.6 Flexible Water Connector, Member, Standard committee
- A112.18.8 Sanitary Waste Valves, Member, standard committee
- A112.19.5 Water Closet Trim, Member, Standard committee
- A112.20.1 Residential Fire Protection Installation Standard committee
- A112.20.2 Medical Gas installation Standard committee
- A112.20.3 Process Piping installation Standard committee
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) Member of the following Plumbing System Design Standard Committees:
- Member, ASPE Venting design standard committee
- Member, ASPE Water pipe sizing design standard committee
- Member, ASPE “Temperature limits for Domestic Hot Water Systems” committee
-National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
Member “Industrial committee” and “Health Care Facilities Committee”.
-Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE): Member Michigan Chapter.
-American Society of Sanitary Engineering (ASSE): Member and active with this Standards Development Organization.
- Member Societies Main Plumbing Products Standard Committee
- Member ASSE Seal Authorization Committee
- Member of the ASSE Legionnaires Disease Research Committee
- Member of the ASSE Plumbing Product Testing Laboratory Evaluation Committee
- Member of the ASSE Plumbing Terminology Committee responsible for updating the “Plumbing Dictionary”
- Member of the ASSE Plumbing Research Committee
- Member of the ASSE Plumbing Technical Committee
- Member of the following ASSE plumbing product standard working groups:
- ASSE 1010 Performance requirements for water hammers
- ASSE 1016 Automatic Compensating Valves for Individual Showers and Tub/shower Combinations
- ASSE 1017 Temperature Actuated Mixing Valves for Hot Water Distribution Systems
- ASSE 1070 Temperature Actuated mixing valves for point-of-use
- ASSE 1071 Temperature Activated Mixing Valves for Emergency Fixtures
- ASSE 1018 Trap Seal Primer Valves – Water Supplied
- ASSE 1044 Trap Seal Primer Valves – Drainage Supplied
- ASSE 1066 Individual Balancing In-line Valves for Individual Fixtures.
- ASSE 1071 Temperature Actuated Mixing Valves for Emergency shower & Eyewash Applica
He is very active with the International Code Council and he serves as Chairman of the International Residential Plumbing & Mechanical Code Committee.
He is one of the foremost authorities on scald burns and determining the cause from mechanical system failure, system design errors or system installation errors. ExpertGeorge serves on the ASSE plumbing standards committees the develop standards for hot water system temperature controls and he serves on the ASPE Hot Water System Design Standard committee. ExpertGeorge also has extensive training dealing with burn care from his experience as a volunteer Firefighter and Emergency Medical Worker.
ExpertGeorge is also an expert with water heaters and hot water systems. He has significant expertise dealing with investigation of hot water scald burn incidents.
ExpertGeorge is also involved in the standard writing committees for hot water system temperature controls (mixing valves).
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Detroit, Michigan - Warren, Michigan - Flint, Michigan - Sterling Heights, Michigan - Lansing, Michigan - Ann Arbor, Michigan - Livonia, Michigan - Dearborn, Michigan - Cleveland, Ohio - Toledo, Ohio
|Year: 1982||Degree: Certification in Plumbing Engineering||Subject: Plumbing, Piping, Fire Protection||Institution: ASPE, Brookhaven College, Tarrant County College|
|Years: 2003 to 2008||Employer: Ron George Design & Consulting||Title: President||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1993 to 2003||Employer: SmithGroup Architects Engineers Inc.||Title: Sr. Plumbing/FP Designer||Department: Mechanical Engineering||Responsibilities: He was responsible for Design of Plumbing, Piping and Fire Protections Systems for all building types including stadiums, Airports, Hospitals, Labs and University buildings. He also provided forensic investigations and litigation support for plumbing & mechanical system failures.|
|Years: 1992 to 1993||Employer: SSOE Engineers Architects||Title: Sr Plumbing/Fire Protection system designer||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1990 to 1991||Employer: Wolf Wineman Engineers||Title: Sr. Plumbing Designer||Department: Mechanical||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1989 to 1990||Employer: E. I. Brown Architects/Engineers||Title: Plumbing Designer||Department:||Responsibilities:|