Expert in Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Biomaterials, Polymer Characterization, Anionic Polymerization, Branched Polymers, Block Copolymers, Elastomers
His research interests include:
- The synthesis of linear and branched polymers and copolymers of controlled structure -- especially via anionic polymerization
- Polymer molecular characterization via dilute solution techniques
- Polymeric surfaces and interfaces
- Polymeric biomaterials
- Charged polymers
- Block copolymer morphology
- Polymerization in room temperature ionic liquids
- Polymer nanotechnology and nanocomposites.
As a consultant, Expert frequently lends his expertise on materials characterization, device optimization, and device failure.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Miami, Florida - Hialeah, Florida - Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Hollywood, Florida - Pembroke Pines, Florida - Cape Coral, Florida - Miami Beach, Florida - West Palm Beach, Florida - Pompano Beach, Florida - Boca Raton, Florida
|Year: 1984||Degree: PhD||Subject: Polymer Science||Institution: University of Akron|
|Year: 1979||Degree: BS||Subject: Polymer Science||Institution: University of Southern Mississippi|
|Years: 2002 to 2016||Employer: University of Tennessee (UT)||Title: Professor and UT/ORNL Distinguished Scientist||Department: Chemistry||Responsibilities: Expert runs a multi-million-dollar-per-year funded research group.|
|Years: 2010 to 2015||Employer: BBB Elastomers, LLC||Title: President||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert was president of this elastomer company for several years.|
|Years: 2000 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President and Co-founder||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert co-founded and is President of this surface-oriented consulting firm.|
|Years: 2005 to 2008||Employer: FUJIFILM Hunt Smart Surfaces, LLC||Title: Principal Technical Advisor||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert served this "smart surfaces" company as Principal Technical Advisor for several years.|
|Years: 1988 to 2001||Employer: UAB, Birmingham, AL||Title: Professor of Chemistry||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert served this U.S. university as Expert of Chemistry (1995-2001); Previously, he was Associate Expert of Chemistry (1992-95) and Assistant Expert of Chemistry (1988-92).|
|Years: 1983 to 1987||Employer: Hercules Incorporated||Title: Research Chemist||Department:||Responsibilities: He was a research chemist at this company for several years.|
|Associations / Societies|
|American Chemical Society, Royal Society of Chemistry, Society for Biomaterials|
|• Editorial Advisory Board of Macromolecules (2001 – 2002)
• Editorial Advisory Board of Journal of Applied Polymer Science (1994 – present)
• Editorial Advisory Board of Polymer Bulletin (2004 – present)
• Editorial Advisory Board of European Polymer Journal (2005 – present)
• Editorial Advisory Board of Journal of Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry (2013 – present)
• Editor for European Polymer Journal (1999 – 2004)
• Associate Editor of International Journal of Polymer Analysis and Characterization (1990 – present)
|Awards / Recognition|
|Fellow American Chemical Society, Fellow Royal Society of Chemistry, Fellow American Association for the Advancement of Science, numerous national and international honors and awards.
Honors and Awards include:
• Caroline P. and Charles W. Ireland Prize for Scholarly Distinction (UAB’s highest award to faculty in arts and sciences).
• University Scholar UAB (honorary faculty status granting maximum latitude in conducting interdisciplinary teaching and research).
• Arthur K. Doolittle Award, Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering Division, American Chemical Society.
• Guest Expert, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China.
• Chair, Polymers West Gordon Research Conference.
• Founding Chair, Polymers West Graduate Research Seminar.
• Highlands in Chemistry Lecturer, Virginia Tech.
• Distinguished Service Award, ACS Division of Polymer Chemistry.
• Bayer Lectures on Polymer Chemistry, Cornell University.
• Southern Chemist Award of ACS.
• Founding Fellow, ACS Division of Polymer Chemistry.
• Gold Medal of the Greek Polymer Society.
• Technology 2020 Inaugural Pathfinder Research Entrepreneur of the Year.
• Jump Litigation Award from CIBA Vision (in recognition of outstanding contributions in protection of their silicone hydrogel innovations).
More information available upon request.
|Medical / Professional|
|Expert, UT Biomedical Engineering Program.|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
| Expert has over 400 career peer-reviewed publications, 4 books, and 15 patents.
He has been invited to speak at a variety of professional conferences and activities.