Expert in Product Management
Expert ID: 736586 California, USA
Shipped multiple multi-million dollar software products and continues to launch even more. Wrote multiple books and best-practice guides about product management, totaling 160+ publications. Featured by 60+ organizations around the world.
Has a wealth of experiences in a variety of roles and industries: product management, product-led growth, software development, big data, management consulting, corporate strategy, change management, consumer research, academic research, marketing, sales, deployments, customer success, real estate, fintech, mortgage lending, consumer lending, consumer finance, education, startups, nonprofits, writing, publishing, interviews, podcasts, webinars, blogging, speaker engagements, SEO, and community management.
Currently tackling a variety of social issues: economic empowerment, educational inequality, gender inequality, racial inequality, mental health, effective altruism, and climate change.
Available for panels, in depth interviews, and surveys only.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: San Francisco, CA
|Year: 2014||Degree: BS||Subject: Business Administration||Institution: University of California, Berkeley|
|Year: 2014||Degree: BA||Subject: Molecular and Cell Biology||Institution: University of California, Berkeley|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Product Manager||Department: Product Management||Responsibilities: Technology company transforming the consumer lending ecosystem. Company's technology delivers speed and efficiency to lenders, so they can serve the modern borrower and safely navigate the industry's changing rules and regulations.
• Q3 Golden Dew Award • Empire State of Mind Award • Hackathon Winner for Blend Efficiency
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Co-Founder||Department:||Responsibilities: Published 70+ product management best practice articles on the PMHQ website, and articles have been read 300,000+ times. Also provide product management advice within Slack community of 9,000+ members, and curate weekly newsletter with 30,000+ subscribers. Company is the trusted career destination for aspiring product managers and experienced product managers. The world’s first and largest online Slack community for product managers, with members from 500+ companies around the world. Has been featured in Forbes, Huffington Post, Product Hunt, Social + Capital Partnership, Mattermark, UXPin, and Alpha.|
|Years: 2016 to 2017||Employer: Movoto||Title: Group Product Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Owned all of company's real estate agent products, including mobile apps, profile pages, lead generation, and CRM; served thousands of real estate agents, handling 100K's of leads and millions in revenue annually. Was rapidly promoted from associate product manager to product manager to group product manager.
• Spearheaded new business model (>50% of annual revenue within 1yr), new strategic partnership (worth millions in annual revenue), and new tech stack
• Coordinated internal team of 18 (engineers, QAs, analysts, designers) in India, China, and California while managing 3rd party team of 10 (engineers, QAs, delivery managers) in India and Hawaii
• Delivered new sales funnel and team management features in mobile and web apps across multiple technology layers (Salesforce, Node.js, iOS, Android, and web)-- Researched, iterated, and validated features through interviews and user testing-- Managed program rollout, conducted training sessions, crafted marketing collateral and training materials, and created internal release announcement
• Integrated consumer-facing Agent Directory with agent productivity tools and with CRM platform, enabling agents to manage their online profiles, enabling Agent Directory leads to convert 3x better
• Created new processes to enable transition from single call center to three simultaneous call centers; re-designed call queues and lead delivery to prevent concurrency problems
• Sped up operator onboarding by 15% through task automation and help text
• Accelerated release cycle from quarterly to bi-weekly (6x faster) by simplifying requirements with stakeholders, streamlining processes with developers, and pushing for best coding practices
• Cut average bug resolution time from 3 weeks to 4 days (3.8x faster)
• Reduced agent complaint volume from 12 cases per week to 6 cases per week (2x fewer)
Awards:• ACT Champion for 2 years • Valu-You Award • Q2 Spotlight Award
|Years: 2016 to 2016||Employer: Movoto||Title: Product Analyst||Department:||Responsibilities: Movoto has sold more than 16,000 homes across the U.S. since its founding in 2006 and is the only online brokerage to offer listings in 42 states and the District of Columbia. Movoto's unique business model delivers complete and up-to-date listing information directly from the MLS and connects home buyers with expert local agents at no cost.
Awards: • Q2 Spotlight Award
• Discovered and analyzed customer segments and needs through qualitative interviews and quantitative surveys-- Designed interview guides and surveys-- Moderated 20+ 1:1 interviews with real estate agents and supervised 60+1:1 interviews with homeowners-- Managed and coordinated 3 research vendors across multiple initiatives-- Conducted data analyses on 500+ homeowners across 1,000+ attributes to find attractive customer segments to target
• Advised executive team on go-to-market strategies, value propositions, and execution framework for new business initiative-- Performed competitor analyses, marketing sizing, and SWOT analysis to determine scope and test markets-- Developed key value propositions for homeowners and real estate agents, based on consumer research findings-- Documented 100+ core processes to accelerate expansion for new business initiative across proposed test markets
• Optimized product performance through A/B testing, usability tests, and KPI tracking-- Designed, implemented, and optimized 10+ landing pages and their associated SEM campaigns to determine value proposition viability-- Analyzed conversion and engagement through Google Analytics, Google AdWords, VWO, and UserTesting.com
• Championed culture and values across teams and within the organization-- Assisted project leader in developing team culture and values for 15-mancross-functional tiger team-- Selected as key contributor for company HR initiatives, such as improving employee engagement and retention
|Years: 2015 to 2015||Employer: Applied Predictive Technologies||Title: Senior Business Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: Verticals served:
• Retail• Restaurants• Tech• Pharma
• Pricing - multi-cell testing, limited time offers and discounts
• Marketing - marketing spend, customer insights, new product introductions
• Operations - sales representative initiatives, menu rationalization
• Capital initiatives - remodels, space allocation, new location openings and cannibalization
Key skills developed:
• Critical thinking and analysis
• Thought partnership with client senior management
• Oral presentation and written communication
• Statistics, iterative testing, and targeting
• Data management and processing
• Resource allocation and teamwork
• UX/UI testing and prototyping
• Training and orientation of new software users
• Onboarding and empowerment of new hires
|Years: 2014 to 2015||Employer: APT||Title: Business Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: APT is the world’s largest purely cloud-based predictive analytics software company. APT’s Test & Learn software is revolutionizing the way Global 2000companies harness their Big Data to accurately measure the profit impact of pricing, marketing, merchandising, operations, and capital initiatives, tailoring investments in these areas to maximize ROI.APT’s client portfolio features some of the world’s best known brands, including Walmart, Starbucks, Coca-Cola, Victoria’s Secret, American Family, Hilton Hotels, SUBWAY, TD Bank, T-Mobile, and others. APT has offices in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, London, Bentonville, Taipei, Tokyo, Sydney, and Chicago.|
|Years: 2012 to 2014||Employer: Self Employed||Title: Founder and President||Department:||Responsibilities: Company seeks to spread the spirit of innovation throughout UC Berkeley and bring entrepreneurship to people of all majors, ages, and backgrounds. Webring in startup founders to speak at information sessions, and we have a structured curriculum to help even the newest of entrepreneurs get started. We hold club-wide activities geared towards running and managing a small business. Has partnered with over 30 startups and is rapidly growing its member base.
• Implemented a three month long Leadership in Entrepreneurship Program to develop board members professionally
• Executed our First Annual Pitch Competition, which brought in 5 entrepreneur judges, 7 competing teams, and 70 audience members
• Spearheaded rebranding initiative, increasing membership retention to 70%and increasing membership by 500%
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Skills for Inclusive Conversations
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
|Awards / Recognition|
|Haas Undergraduate Leadership Award
Concentration in Engineering Leadership
Q2 Spotlight Award
|Publications and Patents Summary|