Expert in Project Management, Negotiations, Acquisitions, Mergers, Software Sales, and Sales Management
In executive management and visionary strategy roles, his key accomplishments include the following:
• P&L management for an $8MM/year custom software design and development firm;
• Designing and implementing a software system that generated an 87% productivity increase (later licensed to an insurance company for a $1.2MM annual revenue); and
• Creating and managing a technical recruiting company spin-off generating over $1MM in revenue.
As a sales professional and leading negotiator, Expert has:
• Generated over $20MM in sales in the last three years (with a total of $100MMin software service sales);
• Managed customer relations for the largest clients of a $1B insurance company; and
• Managed multi-million dollar proposals finding innovative ways to increase award rate by 22%.
As a Director and Program Manager, his accomplishments include:
• Managing 100+ projects ranging from $50,000 to $500,000, as well as 15 larger programs from $1-$3MM. Expert has also been appointed to lead a cross-functional set of 20-person teams (internal executives and employees, vendors and consultants) to create an error- and cost-reduction imaging system as well as to increase efficiency through improved processing time. The system touched all aspects of the company and included managed care, broker management, billing and underwriting.
Expert has owned and consulted at a business consulting firm for several years. He can lend expertise in project management, sales management, technical sales, negotiation, account management, and business leadership.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Toledo, Ohio - Fort Wayne, Indiana - South Bend, Indiana - Muncie, Indiana - Anderson, Indiana - Elkhart, Indiana - Lansing, Michigan - Ann Arbor, Michigan - Kalamazoo, Michigan - Battle Creek, Michigan
|Year: 1985||Degree: BS||Subject: Business Administration||Institution: Millikin University (IL)|
|Years: 2002 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Executive Vice President and Board Member||Department: Software Services||Responsibilities: In charge of all sales and marketing activities at a company specializing in embedded, desktop, web, and mobile software solutions as well as software testing services. Maintained close contact with clients during the entire sales cycle. Co-directed team of program managers and their respective software engineers with the President. Shared accountability of the entire P&L as a Board Director along with company’s President and outside directors.
Grew sales volume by 30% to $12M (highest volume in company’s 36-year history) and built Fortune 500 customer base from 4 to 26, exceeding Board’s annual quota target by 250%. Boosted ESOP’s share value from $7 to $25+.
Gained reputation as the “safety valve” for all situations involving dissatisfied clients based on successes in resolving issues and expanding the scope, level, and caliber of client service.
Drove increased efficiency and higher consistency with proposal generation by implementing SANT proposal system. Implemented CRM tool for data analytics, sales strategy trends, and for board reporting.
Expanded staff levels from 90 to 120 with 25-30% of team as contractors to support large projects.
Eliminated unproductive salesforce contracts in favor of commission only contracts. Increased sales by $2M through forming a salesforce of 12 retired executives.
|Years: 2000 to 2002||Employer: Priority Access||Title: Consultant and Owner||Department: Business Consulting||Responsibilities: As owner of this business consulting firm, Expert developed, authored and presented multiple business plans for audiences including banks, venture capitalists and angel investors. He closed multiple financial transactions between $250K-$500K. Expert also formed a startup concierge healthcare business in a large local hospital wing which generated over $1MM in its first year and has consistently experienced substantial annual growth since then.|
|Years: 1997 to 2000||Employer: RealMed||Title: Vice President||Department: Strategic Initiatives||Responsibilities: He negotiated bank contract to reduce monthly e-commerce expenses $100K annually for this Indianapolis-based medical and healthcare e-commerce firm. He secured strategic partnerships with large managed care organizations exceeding $3MM.|
|Years: 1986 to 1997||Employer: Golden Rule Insurance||Title: Program Manager and Director||Department: Employer Health Division / CRM||Responsibilities: Expert managed customer relations for the largest employer health clients. This included service as Program Manager and Director for a 62-member team of computer programmers, underwriters and supprt staff. He also stewarded the re-engineering of business processes, reducing corporate inefficiencies by 69% in less than a year.|