Purchasing, Procurement, Chemicals, B2B eCommerce, Sales, Marketing, Epoxies, Polymers, Coatings, Electronics
ID: 736599 Switzerland
Significant track record in both the transformation and digitalization of global purchasing (source to pay). Masters value from end-to-end supply chains. Leadership across several business services, including customer service, IT and Facilities.
Internationally experienced manager in both commodity plastics and specialty chemicals with a broad range of applications and industries including: Packaging, Automotive, Consumer and personal care, composites, Pharma, Agriculture, Electronics and Coatings.
Combines both strategic commercial and scientific expertise for identifying and capturing sustainable value. Creates and builds high performance teams. Excels in diverse and challenging working environments. Fosters trust and authentic leadership.
• Commercial excellence, value delivery and budget management
• Innovative and creative business solutions
• Team building, talent identification and people development
• Clear communications and concise presentations
• Negotiating, networking and entrepreneurship
Value delivery and budget management
• M&A performance: Lead a global team that executed both merchant and captive saving strategies which gave >100 Mn$ of synergy benefits from the DuPont, Rohm & Haas and Dow Corning integrations, The DuPont merger closed in Sept-2017 is the world’s largest chemicals merger (Market Cap > 150 Bn$)
• Implemented working capital programs releasing > 50 Mn$ of cash flow. Achieved via a combination of payment term extension and launching a Supply Chain Financing (SCF) program.
Innovative and creative business solutions
• Created and institutionalized a company-wide supplier collaboration service that has boosted hundreds of R&D and innovation projects. Designed and launched a novel company wide tool for Risk Mitigation
• Created and lead a Sourcing Channels approach for C-Spend resulting in > 100 Mn$ of EBIT
Team building, talent identification and people development
• Team and people development, hiring > 50 staff. From interns to new graduates to experienced staff. Lead the talent pipeline development, succession planning and placements of Director level resources
Clear communications and concise presentations
• Management governance of teams with portfolios of hundreds of sourcing projects using Dow’s strategic sourcing process. Developed several metrics to demonstrate and track purchasing value beyond simple cost
Dynamic, curious, analytical, driven and open minded
• Source-to-Pay digitalization via latest SAP, Ariba, Trade Extensions and Zycus platforms
• Developed Dow’s supply risk and sustainability focus, e.g. co-authoring the Supplier Code of Conduct
Leads by example whilst being an excellent listener
• Talent diversity and inclusion, e.g. co-Chair of Dow’s “Disability Employee Network” and fostered networks of “Women in Procurement” resulting in enhance gender career progression
Networker and entrepreneurship
• Co-founder and Chairperson of a branch of the world’s largest Purchasing Association
• Created and hosted a “European Supplier Diversity” Summit with >55 companies having a 1.2Tn$ revenue
|Year: 1998||Degree: MBA||Subject: Business and Technology Management||Institution: Open University|
|Year: 1992||Degree: MS||Subject: Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry||Institution: London University|
|Years: 2020 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Head of Purchasing||Department: Purchasing|
Responsibilities:Leading a global team of procurement managers (direct & indirect spend) aligned to the Pigments business unit.
Focused on preparing the business for carve-out/divestment. Contract remediation, supply communication, risk mitigation, optimal cash flow, etc.
|Years: 1990 to 2020||Employer: Dow Chemicals||Title: Purchasing Director||Department: Purchasing|
Responsibilities:Significant track record in both the transformation and digitalization of Global Sourcing / Purchasing and Business Services (includes Customer Service, Global IT, Service Business Unit and Work Place Services).
=> Business value, business growth and business solutions.
Internationally experienced manager in both Commodity Plastics and Speciality Chemicals as well as the Pharma, Food, Composites, Coatings and Electronics Industries.
A 30+ year career spanning Purchasing, Marketing, e-Commerce, Sales, Technical Service and R&D functions. Leads by example, delivering outstanding commercial results.
Combines both strategic commercial and scientific expertise for identifying and capturing value. Creates, builds and improves a diverse and challenging working environment that fosters trust and excellence. Able to communicate concepts clearly, obtain team buy-in swiftly, sustaining motivation and high performance. Renowned by colleagues for value-added, innovative, commercial solutions.
Specialties: Purchasing Team Leadership, People management, Commercial Negotiations, also
-> across multiple business, regions, specifications, requirements. Digitalization. StP processes and governance.
-> International supplier development. Creative solutions for commercial opportunities. Low Cost Country Sourcing.
-> Product development, marketing and sales development. eCommerce, both eSales and eProcurement.
|Fellowship: FCIPS, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply|