Expert in Purchasing, Strategic Sourcing, Chemicals and Plastics
Clients range from mid-sized companies to global 1000 manufacturing companies. They generally fall into three main groups:
Private equity, banks, and fund management organizations that need to make investment decisions related to the chemicals and plastics markets.
Large consulting companies whose clients require advice on the best sourcing strategy for chemicals and plastics materials.
Direct clients seeking help to improve their sourcing processes and increase their savings on direct and indirect products/services.
Expert brings more than 13 years of international purchasing experience to his work with clients. He focuses on helping them transform global purchasing functions from tactical to strategic and increase their profitability through more cost-effective operations. His expert contributions include achievement of multimillion-dollar savings and significantly enhanced supplier management and accountability.
Prior to PM2Consult, Expert spent more than 30 years at Dow Chemical, where he developed experience in a wide variety of areas, including:
- Manufacturing, R&D, Sales, Business, Marketing, Finance, Economic Evaluation, Strategic Planning, E-Business and Purchasing
A native of Brazil, now based in the United States, Expert holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and chemical engineering and master’s degrees in industrial management and in business. He has also completed executive course certifications at Kellogg, Wharton, and MIT Sloan.
Price forecast in PurchasingFeedback about Global InsightGlobal Styrene market
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Detroit, Michigan - Warren, Michigan - Flint, Michigan - Sterling Heights, Michigan - Lansing, Michigan - Ann Arbor, Michigan - Livonia, Michigan - Dearborn, Michigan - Westland, Michigan - Toledo, Ohio
|Year: 1992||Degree: MBA||Subject: Business||Institution: University of Sao Paulo|
|Year: 1982||Degree: MBA||Subject: Industril Management||Institution: University of Sao Paulo|
|Year: 1980||Degree: BS||Subject: Chemical Engineering||Institution: Faculdades Oswaldo Cruz|
|Year: 1977||Degree: BS||Subject: Chemistry||Institution: Faculdades Oswaldo Cruz|
|Years: 2012 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Principal||Department: Consulting||Responsibilities: PM2 Consult is a boutique consulting company focused on two areas:
Excellence in Purchasing function for the manufacturing industries.
Market Analysis of Chemicals & Plastics industries.
|Years: 2012 to 2015||Employer: Vantage Partners||Title: Senior Consultant||Department: Sourcing||Responsibilities: Expert was Senior Consultant at this sourcing firm.|
|Years: 2009 to 2012||Employer: Dow Chemical||Title: Director||Department: Purchasing||Responsibilities: Expert functioned as internal consultant to the Purchasing VP and Purchasing Directors regarding strategic planning, risk management, metrics and price forecast.|
|Years: 2003 to 2009||Employer: Dow Chemical||Title: Global Purchasing Expertise Center Leader||Department: Purchasing||Responsibilities: - Designed and executed initiatives to transform purchasing from a tactical to strategic function by driving results to the bottom line.
- Developed vision, strategic framework, work processes, and tools around strategic sourcing, partner engagement, supplier relationship management (SRM), and governance. Managed and motivated an 8-member team.
|Years: 1977 to 2003||Employer: Dow Chemical||Title: Manager||Department: Previous positions||Responsibilities: Manufacturing, R&D, TS&D, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Commercial Manager, Economic Evaluation, Consultant, University Instructor.|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 1977 to 1999||Country / Region: Brazil||Summary: Most of his experience at Dow Chemical was in Brazil.|
|Years: 2000 to Present||Country / Region: USA||Summary: Moved to the USA as expatriate and became local employee in 2002.|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: Europe||Summary: He had several short term projects in Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Austria, UK, France.|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: Asia||Summary: He had several short term projects in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: Latin America||Summary: He had several short term projects in Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile.|
|Associations / Societies|
|- American Purchasing Society
- Next Level Purchasing Association
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Follow below my articles published at MyPurchasingCenter.com.
- Chemicals Price Forecasting
- Chemicals - Global Market Outlook
- Plastics - Global Market Outlook
- Market Analysis: Chemicals and Plastics (USA)
- MEASURING PURCHASING MATURITY
- Purchasing Risk Management Tool
- Purchasing Metrics: Tracking Cost Savings, Capital Reductions and Avoidances
- Embracing Supplier Diversity: Objectives, Resources, and Framework
- Client Satisfaction in Purchasing: A Must or Just “Nice to Have”?
- Is SRM Worth the Investment?
- Procurement Evolution: Purchasing, Strategic Sourcing and SRM
- Price Forecasting: Who Needs That?
- Are You Engaging All Your Clients?
- How to Inform Price Changes to Business
- Spend Management: A Necessary Evil?
- Purchasing Strategic Planning: CPOs, Have You Done Your Homework?
- Benchmark in Purchasing: Are You Worst-In-Class?
- Metrics for Purchasing: A Framework that Works
- Risk Management: A Comprehensive View for Purchasing
|Training / Seminars|
|Expert developed all the trainings for purchasing employees at Dow Chemical. He participated as speakers in several conferences and webcasts.|
|Expert has developed the work processes and tools to select suppliers for raw materials, MRO, Logistics and Packaging at Dow Chemical.|
|Expert has experience in chemical and plastics industries.|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Expert has published a number of articles concerning procurement evolution; purchasing and strategic sourcing; SRM; price forecasting; client engagement; price changes in business; spending management; CPO's; purchasing strategic planning; purchasing benchmarks; and risk management.|