Expert in Diagnostic Radiology
Expert ID: 736666 Florida, USA
Expert is committed to providing quality consulting expertise with a fast turnaround time. Certified by the American Board of Radiology and also by the National Board of Physicians and Surgeons, Expert is currently the Clinical Director and radiologist in active clinical practice. Expert provides independent reads, written reports, expert testimony, and other consulting services to attorneys and organizations, and has amassed considerable experience giving expert testimony.
Expert received his BA from Harvard University graduating Magna Cum Laude, his MD from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and completed his radiology residency training from Yale – Norwalk Hospitals and University of Florida Shands Hospital – Gainesville programs. In addition, Expert completed his postdoctoral fellowship at Columbia University – NY Presbyterian in Whole-Body Imaging, including PET-CT imaging and Nuclear Radiology. Expert served as the Program Director for the Radiology Residency at Columbia University’s Harlem Hospital affiliate. Expert has given numerous radiology lectures and presentations both locally and at national conferences. Expert was the Medical Director at Delray Imaging Associates, and is currently the Clinical Director and lead radiologist in private practice. Expert is committed to providing a fast turnaround time, a competitive fee, and high quality consults with attention to detail.
Expert’s fields of expertise include the following: Diagnostic Radiology, Legal Medicine, demonstrative evidence (medical), Gastrointestinal Imaging, Back/Neck/Spine Imaging, Neuroradiology, CT, MRI, PET scan (positron emission tomography) and PET-CT, Oncologic Imaging of Cancer, Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Radiology, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, X-ray/Radiography, Vascular Imaging, Interventional Radiology, Angiography and Aneurysm Imaging, Mammography, Pulmonary Imaging, Cardiac Imaging, Musculoskeletal and Orthopedic imaging, Genitourinary Imaging, Breast Imaging, Pediatric Imaging, Head and Neck Imaging, Pediatric and OB/GYN Imaging, Independent Medical Reviews (IMEs), Utilization Reviews, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Protection, Bodily Injury, Second Opinion Imaging Reviews, Re-Reads, Workers Compensation, Depositions and Trial testimony.
|Year: 2005||Degree: M.D.||Subject: Medical Doctor||Institution: Einstein Medical School|
|Year: 2000||Degree: A.B.||Subject: Cognitive Neuroscience (double honors major)||Institution: Harvard University|
|Years: 2015 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Clinical Director||Department:||Responsibilities: • Clinical Director
• Diagnostic Radiologist
• Consulting – various (medicolegal/medmal/personal injury/utilization/insurance IME, etc.) providing expert consultation and testimony for attorneys and organization both local and national.
|Years: 2013 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President||Department:||Responsibilities: • President
• Medical Consultant
• Consulting – various (medicolegal/personal injury, utilization/insurance, etc.)
|Years: 2013 to 2015||Employer: DIA Radiology||Title: Medical Director||Department:||Responsibilities: • Medical Director
• Lead radiologist
|Years: 2011 to 2012||Employer: Columbia University affiliate||Title: Program Director of Residency Program||Department:||Responsibilities: • Program Director of the Radiology Residency
• Associate Program Director of the Radiology Residency
• Physician Affiliate Group of New York local Governance Council, elected term
• Residency Education Committee, member
• Helpful in the successful ACR credentialing of Harlem's Nuclear Medicine Dept.
• Teacher’s Program Certificate, AUR course, San Antonio
|Years: to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Chief Fellow, Nuclear Medicine program||Department: Post Doctorate ACGME Clinical Fellowship in PET-CT imaging and Nuclear Radiology||Responsibilities: • Employee of the Month Award, Columbia University/NYPresb.
• Cardiac Imaging Mini-Fellowship (including training in Cardiac MRI and CTA)
• Guest Lecturer:
Nuclear Medicine Advanced Course at Manhattan College
Medical Physics Graduate Student Course, Columbia University
Radiology Residency Boards Review, Columbia/NYP
|Years: 2008 to 2010||Employer: University of Florida Shand’s Hospital||Title: Radiology Resident, R3 and R4||Department:||Responsibilities: • Adjunct Professor, Center for the Arts in Healthcare, University of Florida
• Lecturer, School of Nursing, University of Florida
• Co-Treasurer, Florida Radiology Society, Residents & Fellow Section
• Ambassador, Resident Ambassador Program for incoming House Staff
|Years: 2006 to 2008||Employer: Yale – Norwalk Hospital, Radiology Residency||Title: Radiology Resident, R1 and R2||Department:||Responsibilities: • Program Representative, House Officer Assembly
• Interviewer, Resident Applicant Admissions Committee
|Years: 2005 to 2006||Employer: Mount Sinai – Cabrini Medical Center||Title: Medical Intern||Department: Internship in Internal Medicine||Responsibilities:|
|Associations / Societies|
|Active member of:
• American College of Radiology
• AEPi Fraternity, Founding Father of Harvard University's chapter and active member of the alumni committee
Previously a member of:
• Association of Program Directors in Radiology-committee member
• Association of University Radiologists
• Radiological Society of North America-annual convention attendee
• American Society of Emergency Radiology-elected as a T3 member
• Florida Radiology Business Management Association-meeting attendee
• American Medical Association- interim convention delegate
• American Roentgen Ray Society
• New York County Medical Society
• Florida Medical Association/Florida Radiology Society
|Licenses / Certifications|
|American Board of Radiology - certified
National Board of Physicians and Surgeons - certified
Active Medical State License in FL and NY; Maine inactive
|Awards / Recognition|
|Selected as Top Doctor by the IAR (International Association of Radiologists) spotlighted in renowned publication, The Leading Physicians of the World.
Medilaw Physician of the Year Award (2 years)
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Number of times testified 50+|