Expert in Real Estate
Expert ID: 735095 Florida, USA
Proficient management of multimillion-dollar concurrent projects while driving decisions that enhance the value of the portfolio. Developed a keen ability to think abstractly while synthesizing information details. Recognized for enhancing bottom-line profitability through cost control, cultivating high-margin opportunities, and improving business processes. Developed strategic and operational plans for the work group, managed execution, and measured results.
Demonstrated leadership success with individuals at all levels and continuous process improvement initiatives. Identified and communicated key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports and promote a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results. Highly successful in building vendor/client and broker relationships that drive cost reduction and margin increases. Provided partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and build effective teams. Exceptional organizational, communication, problem solving, team building, leadership, and conflict management abilities.
|Year: 2011||Degree: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration||Subject: Real Estate/Management||Institution: Zicklin School of Business|
|Years: 2015 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Senior Portfolio Manager||Department: Management||Responsibilities: • Received Nationally accredited 2018 Manager of the Year designation from Zurich (The World’s 91st largest public company and the largest Insurance Company in the world).
• Client base includes Greenstreet Real Estate Partners, Zurich (ZAAM), LKS Associates, Loeb Partners, and Swire Properties ($1,000,000,000 development of Brickell Key and the largest private sector construction in Miami with the $1,005,000,000 shopping and mixed-use project, Brickell City Centre and owner of the Mandarin Oriental brand).
• Partnered with CBRE & the CREC team for the successful sale of 2121 Ponce de Leon for a record sale of $57,500,000.
• Develop a broker and operational strategy across all channels.
• Monitor broker contractual terms and ensures pay for performance.
• Portfolio consists of Brickell City Centre, 700 Brickell Ave., 799 Brickell Ave., 2121 & 2115 Ponce de Leon Blvd., and Kendall Value Center.
• Administer over $40,000,000 in income, over $30,000,000 in operating expenses, and roughly $10,000,000 in capital expenses.
• Increase net operating income by 80% aggregate throughout the portfolio.
• Discovered additional $180,000 per annum in addition NOI for 2121 Ponce parking garage.
• Conducted 2017 BOMA standard measurement of 2121Ponce building resulting in roughly 8,000 sqft increase with a $3,000,000 value added.
• Reduce operating expenses by 18% aggregate throughout the portfolio.
• Generate almost $2,000,000 in management fees with a 15% increase in 3 years.
• Generate more than $100,000 in construction management fees with a 100% increase in 3 years.
|Years: 2012 to 2015||Employer: Serene Scenes Inc.||Title: CEO & President||Department:||Responsibilities: • Manage roughly half a million square feet of commercial space comprised of industrial, flex, and office stand alone facilities with roughly 30 tenants in 8 multi-site buildings in South Florida.
• Review and approve property related invoices.
• Ensure property and lease files are accurately maintained and kept up to date.
• Implement effective strategies to reduce harmful impact on the environment and achieve economic benefits.
• Administer lease negotiations and develop third part broker relationships.
• Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces.
• Ensure common areas and amenities of the building are well maintained.
|Years: 2013 to 2014||Employer: PS Business Parks||Title: Commercial Portfolio Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: • Lead the successful efforts of the installation of 1 two-faced digital media billboard and 1 two-faced spectacular billboard. Both were 14x48 located along side of the Palmetto visible on both South and North bound lanes of the Palmetto. Generates roughly $120,000 of additional residual annual income with the opportunity to install one more board.
• Lead the successful acquisition of 2323 NW 82nd Avenue, roughly 150,000 square feet (Old Aero Turbine Building). Cap rate of roughly 8%.
• President of MICC Association.
• Manage six million square feet of commercial space comprised of office, industrial, flex, and retail space with over six hundred tenants in 53 multi-site buildings in Doral, Boca Raton, and Wellington.
• Increase net operating income by 3.6% annually.
• Reduce operating expenses by 2% annually and transaction costs by 1% annually.
• Manage monthly accounts receivable of $4,600,000 with an average of 99% collection on months end.
• Promote events, training offerings and other initiatives to Brokers.
• Establish business plan and goals for each broker while creating and maintaining positive working relationships.
• Assist with the new acquisition of 140,000 sqft office building (Previous Aero Turbine Facility).
• Coordinate and supervise make ready’s, tenant improvement’s, and capital projects.
• Prepare annual property budget and monthly reports on the financial performance of the property.
• Supervise five supporting role employees and maintenance crew of three.
|Years: 2009 to 2013||Employer: Pantheon Properties LLC||Title: Commercial Property Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: • Begin the successful sale of 1500 & 1400 Rahway.
• Manage over three million square feet of commercial space comprised of office, industrial, flex, and retail space with over two hundred tenants in 22 multi-site buildings in New Jersey and New York.
• Increase net operating income by 2% annually.
• Reduce operating expenses by 1.5% annually and transaction costs by 1% annually.
• Insure that the daily log of tenant requests is reviewed and remedial actions taken as well as follow up for satisfaction.
• CAM Reconciliations, environmental remediation, permitting and approvals.
• Develop effective reporting, training, score carding, and evaluation criteria and process for the management of the 3rd party Sales Agencies and Brokers.
• Proficient in cost effective methods such as energy efficient retrofits and minimization of operating costs while increasing NOI.
• Supervise maintenance crew of three and review and approve payroll.
• Knowledgeable in financial accounting controls and budget procedures.
• Have full knowledge of all building insurance coverage and accident procedures.
• Marketed available space through various channels of media (CoStar, LoopNet, & CityFeet).
• Supervise and coordinate all construction work to ensure that all alterations are performed in accordance with building standards and local code requirements.
• Knowledgeable of the building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
|Years: 2007 to 2009||Employer: Van Wagner Communications||Title: Operations Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: • Managed the day to day operations of the NY, LA, Chicago, DC, Miami, and Boston markets and properties including all phases of maintenance for buildings, grounds and on-site equipment through the direct supervision of maintenance supervisors and outside contractors, ensuring that properties are maintained in accordance with company standards and maintenance agreements.
• Researched and negotiated real estate locations for erection of billboards and work on special projects such as US Open, Time Warner Center, Prudential Center, and Yankee Stadium.
• Developed and maintained common area maintenance budget for assigned properties and operated within budget constraints.
• Prepared and monitored variance reports to identify reimbursable charges and recommended budget revisions.
• Scheduled daily operation crew of roughly 25 employees for billboard and kiosk departments
• Identified property maintenance requirements, solicited and reviewed bids from contractors and negotiated maintenance contracts.
|Associations / Societies|
|• Member of Institute of Real Estate Management – Chapter 19
• National Association of Realtors
• Building Owners and Managers Association
• T.O.B.Y. Awards Judge
• Downtown Development Authority
• Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
• Latin Builders Association
|Licenses / Certifications|
|• Commercial Property Management Certificate from Pace University; 2013
• Florida State Real Estate Salesperson License; 2014
• Florida State Notary Public License; 2014
• Florida State CAM License, 2015
• Certificate of Minimizing Business Interruptions in Commercial Buildings; 2017
• Certification of CPR & AED Training; 2017
• New York State Real Estate Salesperson License; 2013
• New York State Notary Public License; 2012
• Fundamentals of Property Management Certificate from Pace University; 2013
• Landlord / Tenant Law Certificate from Pace University; 2013
• Residential / Private Income Property Management Certificate from Pace University; 2013
• Real Estate Economics Certificate from Pace University; 2013
|Awards / Recognition|
|Received Nationally accredited Manager of the Year designation from Zurich (The World’s 91st largest public company and the largest Insurance Company in the world).|
|Training / Seminars|
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Access), QuickBooks (2008-2014), MRI, Kardin, Yardi (Voyager), CoStar, MRI Workspeed, Building Engines, Nexus, Yardi Marketplace, Adobe (Photoshop, Reader, and Acrobat), Nitro, MAC, PC, and Internet.
Fields of Expertise
retail management, operations management, asset management, residential property management, property management accounting, property management, commercial property management, restaurant real estate, real estate appraisal, real estate tax, residential property, real estate insurance, real estate dispute, real estate contract, real estate, industrial real estate, Florida real estate, commercial real estate practice, commercial real estate