Expert in Rehabilitation Counseling, Case Management, Litigation Consulting, Life Care Planning
Expert has extensive experience in the field of vocational rehabilitation services. He has provided services to 5,000 ongoing cases, has participated in approximately 1,500 forensic evaluations to date, along with approximately 900 depositions, and has testified in trial for approximately 500-600 cases. Expert has a Master’s of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling as well as various certifications in the field.
His services include: Vocational rehabilitation counseling, aid and assistance to adjustment to disability, case management, life care planning, rehabilitation needs, job analysis, job restructure, job modification, labor market analysis, initiation of assistive devices, as well as litigation consulting including issues such as pre vs. post injury career path and earnings capacity, for personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful termination, wrongful death, martial cases, maritime cases, A.D.A. consultations in regard to employment, FEHA reasonable accommodations/interactive process/work accommodations, Household duties loss evaluations, and accessibility issues. In addition, CRS has developed a cost of future medicals in regard to catastrophic cases where we provide expert testimony in areas of TBI/head trauma, spinal chord injury, vaccine cases, amputations, elder abuse/neglect, pediatrics, sexual abuse, burns, and other analyses of future medical needs.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Los Angeles, California - Long Beach, California - Bakersfield, California - Glendale, California - Oxnard, California - Santa Clarita, California - Pomona, California - Torrance, California - Pasadena, California - Lancaster, California
|Year: 1976||Degree: MA||Subject: Vocational Rehabilitation||Institution: University of Northern Colorado|
|Year: 1975||Degree: BS||Subject: Vocational Rehabilitation||Institution: University of Northern Colorado|
|Year: 1972||Degree: AS||Subject: Liberal Arts and History||Institution: Monroe Community College|
|Years: 1977 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Proprietor||Department:||Responsibilities: Proprietor/Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for firm providing the following services in Southern-Central-Northern California:
• Forensic Vocational Evaluations for: vaccine cases, personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful termination, wrongful death, marital dissolution/spousal support, maritime, longshore and harbor workers, railroad, pediatric, elder abuse, TBI/head injuries, sexual abuse/molestation/rape, sexual discrimination, or wherever pre- versus post-injury earnings capacity is at issue.
• Development of Life Care Plans for disabled individuals, in areas of TBI/head injury, spinal cord injuries, vaccine cases, amputations, LTD, birth/pediatrics, organ injuries, burns, etc.
• Labor Market Surveys to determine post incident vocational potential and earnings capacities
• Develop list of questions fs in regards to evaluations for household duties, loss of earnings, and future medical expenses.
• Assist employers in determining reasonable accommodations under FEHA and/or ADA.
• Provide services in regards to the interactive process under FEHA and/or ADA.
• Case Manager assisting the disabled community.
• Trust advocacy/guardianship for severely disabled pediatric cases.
• Evaluations for Workers’ Compensation vocational rehabilitation, long-term disability, and longshore and harbor worker cases.
• Social Security representation.
• Vocational and personal counseling.
• Vocational rehabilitation plans for selective job placement, on-the-job training, and academic training.
• In-depth labor market research.
• Consultations for Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Consultant, County of Santa Barbara GAIN program.
• Consultant, U.S. Dept. of Labor.
• Consultant, disability retirement plans.
• Consultant, Social Security Administration, Office of Hearings & Appeals.
• Consultant to U.S. Dept. of Justice, Division of National Vaccine Act, Court of Federal Claims
• Consultant, State Teachers Retirement System
• Consultant, Teachers Insurance and Annuity
• Consultant, Railroad Retirement Board
• Consultant, Metropolitan Stevedore
• Consultant, long-term disability carriers.
• Consultant for States of California, Washington, Florida, Alaska and Hawaii.
• Disability advocate to aid and assist the disabled community in obtaining rightful benefits.
• Assessment of physical aspects of jobs (job analysis).
• Vocational testing, work tolerance evaluation, and job-seeking skills instruction.
|Years: 1977 to 1978||Employer: International Rehabilitation Associates, Inc.||Title: Vocational Counselor||Department:||Responsibilities: Performed the work of a vocational counselor, providing services to individuals under California Workers’ Compensation and Long Term Disability systems.|
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Insurance Rehabilitation Institute, Certificate; Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC); Vocational Expert; Certified Disability Management Specialist; Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor; Diplomate, American Board of Vocational Experts; Vocational Expert; Out-of-State Provider, Rehabilitation Counselor Certification
State of Washington, Dept. of Labor,
State of Florida, Dept. of Labor,
State of Alaska, Dept. of Labor,
State of Colorado, Dept. of Labor & Employment,
State of Nebraska, Workers’ Compensation Court,
State of Nebraska, WC Court, Job Placement Specialist Cert.;Independent Vocational Evaluator; Cert. Life Care Planning Expert;
|Fellow, International Academy of Life Care Planners|
|Awards / Recognition|
|Received Rehabilitation Services traineeship grant awarded by U.S. Government to pursue Masters Degree in the field of Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling.|
|Medical / Professional|
|Wayne County Vocational Services, psychometric testing.
Dept. of Rehabilitation; vocational rehabilitation counselor intern serving generalized case load.
Rehabilitation Institute of Santa Barbara (aka Memorial Rehabilitation); dual capacity, vocational rehabilitation counselor intern and psychological counselor intern serving catastrophically disabled under Chief Clinical Psychologist, Ronald Hartley, Ph.D.