Expert in Reproductive Medicine; Infertility, Reproductive Endocrinology
His prominence and achievements in the field of Reproductive Medicine have positioned him at the forefront of his subspecialty. As the former Director of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at St. Barnabas Medical Center (1989 - 1993), he also served there as the Chairman of the Laser Committee. Expert's research and special areas of interest include the mechanisms of action of clomiphene citrate (Clomid/Serophene), the hormonal dynamics of the menstrual cycle, endometriosis, abnormal sperm function, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), to name just a few.
Expert, who has won awards for academic excellence in the Reproductive Sciences, is widely published and is a sought after lecturer. The doctor is well known for his educational work on television and radio. Aside from his long-standing position on the Executive Committee of the New York Reproductive Medicine Society, he holds memberships in numerous prestigious technical societies including the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, The American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, The International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy, The American Medical Association, The Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and is an elected Fellow of The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Expert is an attending physician in the Ob/Gyn Department at Wellington Regional Medical Center (Wellington, FL).
Expert was an expert for defendant in this case. The Ob/Gyn doctor perforated the transverse colon at laparoscopy, necessitating subsequent multiple other surgeries. Pt. c/o infertility secondary to above events. Expert argued for defendant, supporting the fact that infertility hadn't been proven and may not have resulted from alleged events. Case settled, reduced judgement.Expert served as an expert for the plaintiff in this case. The Ob/Gyn doctor failed to give IV antibiotics to plaintiff at time of Cesarean section. She developed pelvic abscesses postpartum, was then treated with IV antibiotics and CT drainage. Found to then have hydrosalpinx at laparoscopy and on HSG. She tried for 4 years thereafter without conception. Claim was infertility secondary to failure to prescribe antibiotics on a timely basis. Expert testified for plaintiff and jury awarded damages to plaintiff.Expert argued as an expert for the defendant in this case of a patient who delivered her baby at term. She had prolonged postpartum bleeding, necessitating an eventual postpartum D&C. She subsequently miscarried three pregnancies, claiming losses due to synechiae from the D&C. After reviewing all facts of the case, Expert concluded that the miscarriages may have been due to MANY other causes and it was impossible to blame the doctor and his D&C. Case dismissed by plaintiff after receiving Expert's expert report.Expert was an expert for the defendant in the case of an Ob/Gyn who delivered the plaintiff's preterm frank breech, with >3 hr. second stage labor (pushing), failed forceps, and STAT C/S for deep variable decelerations of the fetal heartbeat. Newborn Apgars were 0/0, with later resuscitation but eventual neonatal demise. Plaintiff dropped her blood pressure and hemoglobin during/after delivery. Postpartum amenorrhea ensued, and plaintiff argued her subsequent infertility may have been due to a partial Sheehan's Syndrome. Expert concluded she hadn't had appropriate testing to determine if Sheehan's existed, and amenorrhea may be due to her weight loss and/or severe stress of her newborn's death. Case settled with reduced judgement.
An Ob/Gyn tied his patient's fallopian tubes at the time of Cesarean section for plaintiff's first baby. Plaintiff complained of infertility secondary to unwanted sterilization. Patient underwent surgical tubal anastamosis ("tubal reversal"), but only one tube was amenable to reversal. Expert opined defendant's expert on plaintiff's fertility potential with one open tube and her chances of pregnancy via IVF or a second reversal. Case settled with reduced judgement.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Miami, Florida - Hialeah, Florida - Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Hollywood, Florida - Pembroke Pines, Florida - Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Miami Beach, Florida - West Palm Beach, Florida - Palm Bay, Florida - Pompano Beach, Florida
|Year: 1989||Degree: Fellowship||Subject: Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility||Institution: U. of California School of Medicine|
|Year: 1987||Degree: Residency||Subject: Obstetrics and Gynecology||Institution: Stamford Hospital|
|Year: 1983||Degree: Fifth Pathway Certificate||Subject: Rotating Internship||Institution: UMDNJ - NJ School of Medicine|
|Year: 1982||Degree: M.D.||Subject: Medicine and Surgery||Institution: UAG School of Medicine|
|Year: 1978||Degree: B.A.||Subject: Biology||Institution: Ithaca College|
|Years: 2006 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Director||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert, MD, is the Director of Reproductive Medicine. Expert is responsible for all clinical and research aspects of reproductive endocrinology and infertility.|
|Years: 1993 to 2006||Employer: West Essex Center for Reproductive Medicine (W.E. C.A.R.E.)||Title: Director||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert was responsible for all clinical and research aspects of reproductive endocrinology and infertility.|
|Years: 1989 to 1993||Employer: St. Barnabas Medical Center||Title: Division Director||Department: Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility||Responsibilities: Expert was responsible for all aspects of clinical practice and research. He also had teaching responsibilities for 20 OB/GYN Residents and lectured to them regularly in all aspects of reproductive medicine.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Past and Present:
* Medical Advisory Board, Serono Labs, Inc.
* Speaker's Bureau, TAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
* The American Society for Reproductive Medicine
* American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
* The International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy
* The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
* The International Federation of Gynaecologic Endoscopists
* U.S. International Foundation for Studies in Human Reproduction, Inc.
* Fellow, The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
* American Medical Association
* Florida Society of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
* The Academy of Medicine of NJ
* NJ Obstetrical & Gynecological Society
* The NY Society of Reproductive Medicine (Steering Committee)
* The Endometriosis Association
* The Society for Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
* Resolve - National Chapter
* Resolve - New Jersey - Executive Board
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Medical licenses in NY, NJ, CT, CA, and FL|
|Awards / Recognition|
| * Selected amongst the "Top Docs of South Florida", 2009.
* Selected for inclusion in "Strathmore's Who's Who", 2009-2010 Edition.
* Selected for inclusion in "Best of the U.S.", Physician Category, 2008.
* Selected for inclusion in "Strathmore's Who's Who", 2004-2005 Edition.
* Selected for inclusion in Marquis "Who's Who In America", 58th Edition, 2004.
* Selected for inclusion in Marquis "Who's Who In America", 59th Edition, 2005.
* Selected for inclusion in Marquis "Who's Who In America", 60th Diamond Edition, 2006.
* Selected for inclusion in "Who's Who In The 21st Century" 2002-2003.
* Selected for inclusion in "Guide to America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists" 2002-2003; 2004-2005; 2009-2010.
* Selected for inclusion in "America's Registry of Outstanding Professionals" 2002-2003; 2003-2004.
* Mellon Fellow in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, 1988 - Awarded for academic excellence in the Reproductive Sciences for research efforts aimed at development of novel contraceptives.
* Wyeth Service Award for Physician Education and Training in Norplant Contraceptive Implants.
* Certificates of Service and Appreciation from Our Lady of Mercy Medical Clinic, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México, 1978-1982.