Expert in RFID (Radio Frequency Identification)
Expert ID: 735307 Florida, USA
Expert has led projects in North and South America, the Middle East and Europe.
Expert is a designer of process visibility solutions that correspond to vital client business requirements. His guiding principles are:
• Providing clients with previously unattainable process visibility through an application of best of breed technology solutions.
• Creative approach to the use of Frequency, Technology, and Data to maximize positive organizational impact, optimize process efficiency while minimizing cost.
• Project fielding with minimum business process interruption and maximum return.
Highlights of Expert's Experience:
• Etihad Rail, UAE: Project for assessment of wireless technology application for real-time location of:
o Locomotives and rolling stock, including asset verification as well as train consist integrity for management of rail assets in a trans national railroad environment (Gulf Community Countries rail scenario)
o Real-time location and management associates as well as service vehicles.
• Union Pacific Rail Road: Project for real-time location of shipping containers of train consists as well as real-time verification of container integrity as part of the UPRR/Department of Homeland Security TRiDS (Train Rider Identification System)
• Boeing: Project for real-time location of manufacturing input and Work In Progress for at Boeing C17 Long Beach manufacturing facility which included 3D mapping assets in large scale aircraft manufacturing facility.
• Veterans Administration: Design and fielding of network-wide RTLS asset and inventory tracking solution.
• Hays Logistics: Design and fielding of large scale yard management system for a 3PL company in Central Eastern Europe.
|Year: 1992||Degree: Masters||Subject: Business Administration||Institution: Duquesne University|
|Year: 1990||Degree: BSBA||Subject: International Business||Institution: Duquesne University|
|Years: 2014 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Principal Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: – Lead consultant for Hoag Healthcare RTLS enabled ED initiative.
– Lead consultant marketing and deploying Artificial Intelligence based Remote Cardiac Monitoring solutions to the European Union, Gulf Community Council countries as well as countries of the former USSR.
– Lead consultant marketing and deploying an Augmented Reality solution for Interventional Cardiology to the European Union, Gulf Community Countries as well as countries of the former USSR.
– Lead consultant for University of Virginia Health System RTLS RFP formulation project.
– Lead consultant and Program Manager for Leidos RFID based asset management program for railway systems in Gulf Community Council countries (Bahrain, Oman, KSA, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE).
– Lead consultant and RTLS Technical Architect for IBM Navy RTLS pursuit.
– Principal Architect for Al Tayer Group Retail Inventory Management Initiative utilizing broad array technology.
– Principal Consultant for Etihad Rail wireless technology assessment initiative in the UAE.
|Years: 2012 to 2014||Employer:||Title: Vice President||Department: Healthcare Solutions||Responsibilities: – Leader of Healthcare division responsible for Sales, Product Development as well as Project execution.
– Won and lead a large scale RTLS and RFID deployment for Sanford Health system in Minnesota, North and South Dakota.
– Designed Architecture for Stamford Hospital clinical asset as well as provider visibility system utilizing an 802.11/USID backbone and Visi-Trac software for enterprise Big Data collection and analysis.
– Lead RTLS Gold Standard Development effort for Montefiore Hospital Network in New York.
|Years: 2011 to 2012||Employer: HP Federal Healthcare||Title: Chief Technology Officer RTLS||Department:||Responsibilities: – Provided leadership to the HP Federal Healthcare technology offering focusing automated data harvesting, transformation and utilization for clinical as well as business decision support in Healthcare, as well as clinical process automation.
– Supervised concurrent implementation of WiFi, Ultrasound, ZigBee, -7 Active and Infrared RTLS solutions to 8 separate VA Medical Centers.
– Developed System Architecture and provided leadership for technical sales effort for the VA National RTLS RFP, resulting in a win of the $545 million contract for implementation across all 152 Veterans Administration Medical Centers awarded to HP Federal Healthcare.
– Supervised implementation of HF based RFID asset and consumable tracking solutions to Cath Labs, OR suites and Endoscopy labs at Veterans Administration VISN 11 Health network.
– Lead technical team through solution design, RFP technical response and presentation for Veterans Administration VISN 11 RTLS Implementation – Contract awarded to HP Federal Healthcare.
|Years: 2006 to 2011||Employer: SCIS, Inc.||Title: Managing Partner||Department:||Responsibilities: – Created Supply Chain Technology practice. Responsible for Sales & Business Development, Project Management and Architecture Design. Clients included AT&T, NCR, Union Pacific Rail Road.
– Technology consulting for NCR with regards to use of RFID in pharmaceutical tracking and large scale Electronic Drug Pedigree tracking in one of the nation’s largest retail chains.
– Systems development and implementation for active technology use in Digital Hospital environments.
– Design and marketing of Health Care Mobility Tool as consortium of multi technology vendors encompassing mobile computing, active and passive RFID, Digital Voice Recognition, WiFi and Bluetooth with data transfer into existing Health Care systems.
– Re-designed and created approved offer for the AT&T Managed Services offering concentrating on RFID harvested data. Lead the Project Lightspeed RFID based inventory tracking and designed process as well as systems architecture.
– Used Passive UHF for recognizing breaches of container integrity on Union Pacific RR transported containers. This included integration of data through NCR Velocity Portal, blending RFID technology with Digital Video Recognition, Infra-red vision. This project was executed in conjunction with the Department of Homeland Security.
|Years: 2005 to 2006||Employer: Deloitte Consulting||Title: SME Leader||Department: Process Automation||Responsibilities: – Developed business case and value proposition for the RFID practice, as well as developed methodology and approach.
– Worked on selecting appropriate technologies for appropriate applications. This included extensive work with a wide range of Automatic Information and Data Capture technologies in a broad spectrum of protocols and standards.
– Designed and implemented architecture for application scenarios within the Deloitte RFID Performance and Assessment Center. This included building an anechoic chamber for testing radiation patterns of various antenna/reader combinations. This encompassed work with all RFID utilized frequencies.
– Designed data flow and system functionalities from data gathered through diverse middleware packages into back end systems such as SAP R/3 or Oracle 11.5.10
– Managed the physical implementation in the RFID PAC including integration of RFID technologies with PLCs as well as other wireless business enablers such as RTLS, GPS tracking, and WiFi technologies.
|Years: 2002 to 2003||Employer: CHEP International||Title: Director||Department: Supply Chain Information||Responsibilities: – Developed strategy for RFID offering to internal and external customers. The internal customers were the Operations and Sales organizations that needed to be sold on the idea of RFID-based asset management as a means of streamlining operations and enhancing the CHEP sales offering. External customers included both manufacturing companies as well as major retailers such as Wal-Mart, Kroger, and HEB. The offering developed for them was product tracking based on the individual pallet RFID signature.
– Customized the system to CHEP needs, and implement the first working industrial RFID system within the US.
– Worked on issues of RFID hardware and software connectivity. Supervised and participated in physical assembly of implementation kit.
– Adapted RFID equipment to particular environmental constraints existing in a working pallet repair facility. Integrated RFID software into the existing IT architecture.
– Cooperated with the AutoID center and the EAN/UCC on establishing unified data standards.
|Years: 1999 to 2002||Employer: Hays Logistics Sp. z o. o. Poland||Title: President and CEO||Department:||Responsibilities: – Negotiated and won initial contracts for servicing of Unilever and Danone in the Central European market.
– Chose and integrated most advanced technologies including RFDC and Wireless Solutions, a SCM and CRM package allowing for full on-line management of the supply chain as well as RFID based yard management.
– Introduced IT solutions including design and implementation of an EDI based logistics system.
– Introduced Passive UHF RFID technology for Warehouse Management and Inventory.