Expert in Sales Planning & Operations, Sourcing & Procurement, Quote-to-Cash, Source-to-Pay, Process Excellence, Sales Strategy
Expert ID: 734198 California, USA
* Drive an Accurate and Predictable Revenue Forecast: Enforce a disciplined and structured sales cadence that drives a consistent bottom up sales reporting and forecasting process, managed by the right set of metrics and enabled by timely reporting
* Timely Delivery of Annual Sales Plan: Drive a structured annual planning process that deals with policy and strategy debates and changes early on, enabling a more accurate territory and quota plan together with compensation and incentive plans to be delivered for the start of the new year
* Close More Profitable Large Deals: Implement a Deal Desk process that balances Policy adherence and practicality, and leverages pipeline strength and negotiation strategy to drive more profitable business
* Develop a Highly Productive Over-achieving Sales team: Design and execute a Sales Enablement program that is aligned to your business needs, reduces new hire ramp time, improves sales productivity and delivers profitable business growth.
Expert spent 8 years leading Sales Operations and 13 years in various Sales & Business Development positions in Technology companies.
Expert Led operations & drove transformation for the Quote-to-Cash process for over 4 years, supporting a $4.5B annual revenue software & services business. He played leading roles in several M&A Integrations, a Divestiture and several large IT System implementations. He developed a very thorough understanding of this critical end-to-end process, how it interacts with upstream and downstream business processes and how to troubleshoot and fix root causes that impact Quote-to-Cash, the commercial spine of a business.
I operate a boutique business process excellence consultancy, which provides business consulting services that enable a business of any size to improve it's corporate performance - revenue growth, operating costs & customer retention - by focusing on the efficiency and effectiveness of it's core business process operations.
Areas of focus are Sales Operations, Quote-to-Cash, Source-to-Pay, Outsourcing/Offshoring and business simplification.
|Year: 1999||Degree: Executive Institute Summer Hi-Tech Management Program||Subject: Technology Business Management||Institution: Stanford University, USA|
|Year: 1987||Degree: Bachelor of Informatics||Subject: Computer Science, Project Management||Institution: Griffith University, Australia|
|Years: 2013 to 2017||Employer: Symantec Corp||Title: VP Quote to Cash||Department: Finance||Responsibilities: Led operations & drove transformation for the Quote-to-Cash process, supporting a $4.5B annual revenue software & services business. Played leading roles in several M&A Integrations, a Divestiture and several large IT System implementations.|
|Years: 2015 to 2016||Employer: Symantec Corp||Title: VP Shared Services & Source-to-Pay||Department: Finance||Responsibilities: Managed operations & drove transformation in the Source-to-Pay process (Sourcing, Procurement, AP), overseeing >$1B annual indirect spend.
I lead a CFO initiative to design and deliver a Global Finance Services Delivery Model. Reported to CAO.
Delivered 21 migration projects across 10 finance process areas, including process improvements.
Delivered $2.5M in run-rate operational cost savings in 18 months
Designed & implemented a Global Shared Services Strategy to enable delivery of all finance services from the optimal location, balancing costs and service quality
Recruited, trained and operationalized a team of 180 employees in India in just 18 months
|Years: 2004 to 2012||Employer: Symantec Asia Pacific||Title: VP Sales Planning & Operations||Department: Sales||Responsibilities: I had responsibility for the entire end-to-end Sales Operations process for the Asia Pacific & Japan business. Started the role as Sr Director, then promoted in 2007 to VP. Reported to Sr VP of Sales.
• Direct responsibility for Sales Incentives & Compensation, Business Planning, Sales Strategy, Pricing Operations, Channel Operations, Large Deal Structuring, Reporting & Metrics, Sales Process, Management Cadence, Forecasting, Pipeline Management, M&A Integration, Sales Tools and Sales Training & Enablement.
• Designed, recruited and developed the team from 10 to 60 people across 8 countries, $8M budget
• Enabled an Enterprise sales force of 1200 across 14 countries doing $700M of annual revenue
• Designed and deployed locally developed tools to automate manual processes, improving sales efficiency
• Thought Leader role in annual Sales Compensation & Incentives planning
• Redeveloped Sales Leadership & Sales Training programs & events annually to support current sales themes
• Worked through multiple M&A Integrations mostly of cloud companies
• Championed several global initiatives to drive operational alignment and efficiencies
• Actively played Chief of Staff role for the Sr VP of Sales, coordinating staff meetings, QBR’s, Annual Planning & Strategy programs as well as other Exec management projects across his direct reports.
• Acted as interim leader for APJ Channel Sales and Operations as needed
• Sponsorship & Thought Leadership roles in global initiatives (1) ERP Transformation project, (2) Master Data Management for Entitlement & Customer data, (3) Steering Committee for End-to-End Renewals Transformation project, and (4) Steering Committee for Global Sales Productivity initiative
|Years: 2007 to 2012||Employer: Symantec Asia Pacific||Title: VP Renewal Sales||Department: Sales||Responsibilities: Led the APJ Renewal Sales team:
• Redesigned the organization, coverage, process and policy that drove this >$250M sales business
• Redesigned & implemented a new metrics system driving a more realistic measurement of the business
• Invested in a centralized renewal operations team to increase sales rep productivity
• Continuously delivered higher annual performance as measured by bookings growth and renewal rates
• Leveraged outsourcers for key enabling technology and services
|Years: 2000 to 2005||Employer: Symantec Australia||Title: Sr Director of IT||Department: IT||Responsibilities: Designed &built out the APJ IT organization from scratch over 4 years
• Direct responsibility for end-user support & helpdesk, server and network operations, application and data support, BA & Project Management
|Years: 1998 to 1999||Employer: Symantec Japan||Title: Director Services & Support, IT and E-Business||Department: Sales||Responsibilities: Support: Revamped the Support Strategy to leverage multiple outsourcers for Non-technical & Technical Support for the B2C and B2B products. Aggressively drove the use of technology to maximize efficiency.
IT: Separated IT tasks out of other functions, driving IT projects that directly enabled the growing business.
E-Business: Implemented a local online store for Japanese business that grew to drive a $120M/year B2C business
|Years: 1997 to 1998||Employer: SEQUEL TECHNOLOGY||Title: Director of International Sales & Marketing||Department: Sales & Marketing||Responsibilities: Responsible for Business Development in Asia Pacific/Japan including setting up a channel, marketing activities, press communication and scouting for potential investors.|
|Years: 1995 to 1997||Employer: Symantc Japan||Title: Product Marketing Manager & OEM Sales||Department: Sales & Marketing||Responsibilities: Managed OEM and Channel Sales, and Product Management for the Delrina products before expanding to include all 21 Symantec Japanese products.|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Managing Director, Sourcing & Procurement||Department: Customer Relationship Management||Responsibilities: Managing Strategic Sourcing, Contact Negotiation and Procurement Operations services for large Retail clients.
I specialize in IT and Call Center/Customer Service related categories.
I am a subject matter expert in the areas of Tail Spend Management and Spend Analysis.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2004 to 2012||Country / Region: Singapore||Summary: Worked for Symantec in several Sales & Sales Operations roles supporting the Asia Pacific & Japan business.|
|Years: 2000 to 2004||Country / Region: Australia||Summary: Worked for Symantec in an IT leadership role, supporting growth in Asia Pacific & Japan region.|
|Years: 1990 to 2000||Country / Region: Japan||Summary: Worked for Fujitsu, Delrina, Sequel and Symantec in various Sales, Marketing and Business Development roles focused on Japan and Asia.|
|Years: 1988 to 1990||Country / Region: Australia||Summary: Worked for Fujitsu supporting the Australian business.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Professional Pricing Society (PPS)
The Customer Success Association
World at Work - Total Rewards Association (Sales Compensation)
APQC – American Productivity & Quality Center
PEX Network – Process Excellence Network (IQPC)
CX Network – Customer Experience Network (IQPC)
SSON – Shared Services & Outsourcing Network (IQPC)
BPM Institute – Business Process Management Institute
BA Institute – Business Architecture Institute
Institute for Operational Excellence
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Lean SixSigma Yellow Belt certification (2017)
CompTIA Project+ certification (2003)