Expert in Screen Printing, Flexographic, Gravure and Heat Transfer Industries
Expert ID: 736261 North Carolina, USA
Areas of Expertise:
• Ink and coating formulation
• Color Specialist, Color Theory, Color Matching
• Training - Lean Management, Diversity, DISC, Leadership
• Xrite and Datacolor Instrumentation
• Product Development
• Laboratory testing - ink, coatings, plastics
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Charlotte, NC - Hickory, NC - Fort Mill, SC
|Year: 1987||Degree: BS||Subject: Chemistry||Institution: Salem College|
|Years: 2014 to 2020||Employer: Kurz Transfer Products||Title: Chemist||Department: R&D||Responsibilities: Responsibilities included research and development from concept to launch. International collaboration for improvements and innovations. Management of the Color Match Department. Maintain and improve existing raw materials and chemistries.
• Successfully developed new ink only packages for the cosmetic industries - $3 million plus new Sales.
• Established alternate formulations to reduce cost/improve performance by 30%.
• Created a new waterbased adhesion chemistry for two leading athletic equipment companies ($1.2M).
• Introduced new raw materials that reduced color adjustment times by 75%.
• Achieved adhesion in a single product for glassed filled nylon, carbon fiber, and aluminum substrates -new business. Initial sales projected $300,000.
• Originated new techniques for matching and producing custom colors for Magnetic and Gravure Printing.
|Years: 1997 to 2014||Employer: Actega-WIT||Title: Chemist||Department: Lab||Responsibilities: Responsibilities include color matching, adjusting and correcting batches, developing new products, and coordinating quality testing between facilities.
• Developed new analytical methods and improve existing test processes for both R&D and QC.
• Established new color match equipment and train employees correct color matching procedures.
• Coordinated and trained laboratory employees on SAP for Lincolnton facility.
|Years: 1992 to 1997||Employer: Wilflex Inks||Title: Chemist||Department: R&D||Responsibilities: R&D Chemist/Pigment Concentrate Chemist/Division QA Director/Technical Service Representative
|Years: 1987 to 1992||Employer: Porex Technologies||Title: Analytical Chemist||Department: Analytical Services Lab||Responsibilities:|
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Flexographic Technician Certification, Taguchi, TQM, Lean Management, SAP, Datacolor, Xrite, Leadership, Diversity Training, DISC Training, Color specialist, Color Theory Instructor, ISO9000/9001, Thermal analysis -DSC, TA, TGA, Spectroscopy.|