Expert in Security Management, Security Assessments, Risk Assessment, & Security Litigation
Expert ID: 736042 Wisconsin, USA
Expert is a board certified and results-driven security consultant and corporate security executive with more than 20 years of diverse leadership experience in corporate security and a record of success in designing and improving corporate security programs across multiple industries. This depth of experience allows him to quickly assess the security needs of our clients and recommend solutions tailored to cost effectively address their particular security risks.
Examples of major projects led:
• Served as the senior most Security executive (CSO) for three organizations, managing budgets of >$7M and departments of 250+ employees.
• Developed processes to quantify safety and security risk, and restructured companies’ Safety and Security programs to match organizational risk exposure and tolerances.
• Created standardized physical security frameworks, integrated security systems*, and built centralized
Security Operations Centers for two employers.
• Guided efforts to redesign Clery Act compliance processes for a top tier medical school and a career
• Provided a multi-national employer with an evaluation of their response plan for active threat incidents and developed a framework to add an armed response component to their security program
• Redesigned the Security Officer training programs for organizations in several vertical markets.
• Optimized data collection systems and security policy library for a major healthcare organization during a period of international expansion
• Oversaw physical security design for newly constructed facilities including a hospital, the global
headquarters for a corporation, a career college campus, as well as numerous smaller projects
• Reduced one organization’s security operating costs by 18% by centralizing vendor management and
sourcing for safety and security services.
• Standardized the workplace violence and threat management processes for several organizations
• Built programs to leverage open source intelligence (OSINT) in order to better provide for the safety and security of employees while traveling.
Expert’s primary areas of expertise include:
- Risk assessment and vulnerability identification
- Workplace violence prevention
- Litigation support
- Security program compliance auditing
- Security systems optimization
- Facility security design
- Threat assessment and management
- Red teaming and physical penetration testing
- Premises liability mitigation
- Training program development
- Security policy and procedure review
- Contract security provider assessment
- Security program assessment and design
- Travel security
- Security management support
|Year: 2020||Degree: MBA||Subject: International business||Institution: University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh|
|Year: 2008||Degree: BS||Subject: History & Criminal Justice||Institution: University of Wisconsin – La Crosse|
|Years: 2014 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President and Principal Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: Founded and serve as the principal consultant for a full-service security consulting and litigation support practice serving customers in multiple industries ranging from small businesses to multi-national corporations.|
|Years: 2015 to 2019||Employer: ECMC Group||Title: Director of Enterprise Safety & Security||Department: Safety & Security||Responsibilities: Responsible for all aspects of physical security, security operations, investigations, emergency management, life safety, employee safety, and environmental health for a non-profit corporation with facilities located in twenty-four States and subsidiaries in the financial services, software development, and education industries.|
|Years: 2009 to 2015||Employer: Mayo Clinic||Title: Regional Director of Security||Department: Security||Responsibilities: Responsible for all aspects of physical security, security operations, investigations, parking & transportation services for Mayo Clinic’s hospital and clinic locations in northern Wisconsin.|
|Associations / Societies|
• School Safety & Security Council – Membership Chair, Vice Chairman
• Healthcare Security Council – Member, Vice Chairman
• CSO Center - Member
• Critical Infrastructure Working Group – Member
• Risk Assessment American National Standard Development Committee – Member
• ASIS/NFPA Joint Active Shooter Best Practices Development Initiative – Member
• ANSI/ASIS PSC.1 Standard Review Committee – Member
International Association of Hospital Safety and Security (IAHSS)
• Vice Chair - Upper Midwest Chapter
• Security Executive Council / IAHSS Metrics Development Workgroup - Member
• IAHSS/ASIS Joint Best Practices Development Workgroup – Member
Minnesota Association of Healthcare Security & Safety
• Vice President
Chippewa Valley Public Safety Partnership
• Founding member
Wisconsin Nurses’ Association Workforce Advocacy Council, Violence Prevention Taskforce
• Ad hoc member
American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators (NADDI)
InfraGard National Security Alliance
International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA)
National Association of Campus Safety Administrators (NACSA)
Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA)
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
Board certified in security management by ASIS International
Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA)
Board certified in healthcare security management by the International Association of Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS)
Certified in Safety Management (CSM)
Certified in safety program management by American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
Certified CPTED Specialist (CCS)
Certified in the use of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design methodology by the American Crime Prevention Institute (ACPI)
Certified Civil Rights Investigator (CCRI)
Certified in the investigation of alleged violations of Title IX by the Association of Title IX Investigators (ATIXA)
Certified Drug Diversion Investigator (CDDI)
Certified in the investigation of both internal and external drug diversion by the Virginia State Police and the National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators (NADDI)
Certified in Threat Assessment and Management
Graduate of the prestigious Gavin de Becker Advanced Threat Assessment Academy.
|Awards / Recognition|
|- Program of Distinction: The security program for Mayo Clinic Health System’s Northwestern Wisconsin region was recognized as a Program of Distinction by the International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS).
- Top 500 Security Leaders: Named to Security Magazine’s “Security 500” as one of the top Security programs and security leaders for four years in a row.
- Finalist - Campus Safety Director of the Year: Named as a finalist for Campus Safety Magazine’s “Campus Safety Director of the Year” based
on work done to improve the security program for Mayo Clinic Health System’s Northwest Wisconsin region.
- Up and Comer in the Physical Security Industry: Named to Security Director News’ “20 under 40 - up and comers in the security industry”.
- 12 People who did Great Work for the Common Good: Named to the Crisis Prevention Institute’s list of “twelve people who did great work for the common good” for work on violence prevention in healthcare.
- Top 50 Voices in Healthcare Security: Named as one of the most often quoted voices in hospital security based on research conducted by
Raynforest Inc, and published in Forbes Magazine online.
Fields of Expertise
college security, commercial security, crime security, electronic security, high school security, hospital security, hotel security, mall security, international security, motel security, physical security, premises security, security assessment, resort security, private security, residential security, retail security, school security, security, security lighting, security management, security negligence, security guard, security electronics, security procedure, security risk assessment, security standard, security training, university security, workplace safety and security, video security system, crime prevention, crime analysis