Expert in Set-up of Fully-integrated Plants for Iron Powder in India and Market Network Creation
Expert ID: 729926 India
An astute professional with about 40 years of extensive experience in overall management, marketing and manufacturing operations in steel, iron powder and mining tools and accessories and related industry. Currently designated as Managing Director. Skillful in supervising and directing overall marketing, production operations and ensuring accomplishment of pre-set targets within stipulated parameters. Adept in conceptualizing and implementing effective strategies for reducing production expenditure. Proficient in undertaking process enhancement, process modifications and in-process controls to enhance operational efficiency and thereby escalating productivity. In-depth knowledge of marketing and relation building with customers, Excellent Relationship Management, Analytical and Communication Skills. Management of costs has been honed as a special skill.
A. Strategic Management
• Formulating pre-planned developmental strategies for achievement of goals and targets by identifying and developing new avenues for long term growth.
• Conceptualizing and implementing Systems & operating procedures to optimize resource/capacity utilization in production operations.
• Undertaking total turnaround management of loss making units, restructuring procedures and processes thereby enhancing business results.
• Negotiating with overseas companies to form JV’s.
B. Manufacturing Operations
• Finding opportunities in processes and converting them into projects, handling capital investments and finalizing the project after Board approval.
• Managing erection and commissioning activities of instruments, plant and machinery.
• Coordinating with design consultants and overseas technology suppliers.
• Undertaking purchase negotiations with suppliers outside and discussing delivery schedules.
• Involved in manpower selection, training, contractor identification, coordination and getting all Government permissions and implementation of the project.
• Assisting production managers/ engineers in attaining the monthly production targets by assigning targets and tracking progress against targets by analyzing daily reports.
• Overseeing development activities such as design and development of new products, installation of equipment / plant etc.
• Designing and developing internal and external MIS, proactively identifying operational bottlenecks and analyzing process flows.
Research/ New Product Development
• Managing the entire product development including requirement analysis, finalizing specifications, designing experiments, laboratory work, pilot plant scale up and testing activities.
• Facilitating new product development initiative with key focus on Quality, Cost and Delivery.
• In depth evaluation of customer feedback and carrying out modifications in product attributes as per the market requirements.
Process Improvement/Value Engineering
• Leading operations/production team for cost effective production and providing guidance for technical troubleshooting of process and plant.
• Analyzing various processes / applications and recommending process modifications and in-process controls to enhance operational efficiency.
• Undertaking indigenization initiatives, designing and developing import substitutes, thereby generating substantial reduction in production cost.
• Leading marketing team by assigning the targets both in terms of volume and value and directing them to achieve the pre determined goals.
• Meeting customers periodically to build relation and to understand their needs in terms of quality and service.
• Maintaining tight control over receivables through the sales and marketing team.
• Exploring new markets/opportunities to enhance business prospects.
• Analyzing and choosing the best product mix to suit the company’s operations.
He has offered his advise to a company in Canada, in the business of Steel and Iron Powder on Equipment details for an Iron Powder Project with cost structure and also process costing details.This project is proposed to be set up in India.He has recently submitted a feasibility report to an India company which is keen to set up a plant to manufacture Iron Powder.
|Year: 1969||Degree: B.Tech(Hons.)||Subject: Metallurgical Engineering||Institution: Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay|
|Years: 2011 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President||Department: Metal Powder Division||Responsibilities: Expert is responsible for setting up this new Division as a separate Business Area|
|Years: 1986 to 2002||Employer: Hoganas (I) Ltd||Title: Managing Director||Department: Overall Management||Responsibilities: Expert is a global leader in the area of Iron Powder production. He started the company in India as a green field project. He ran it as a successful business venture for 16 years and left the company in a secure debt free position.|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2009 to 2010||Country / Region: Taiwan||Summary: He was involved in setting up the business of flux cored wires for this company in India which is a welding consumable|
|Years: 2006 to 2009||Country / Region: France||Summary: He set up a JV business in India for manufacture of Rock Drilling Tools|
|Years: 1986 to 2002||Country / Region: Sweden||Summary: Set up Hoganas India Ltd as a green field project to manufacture Iron Powder in India for the first time|
|Years: 1983 to 1986||Country / Region: Thailand||Summary: He set up the entire marketing network for Usha Siam Steel Industries Ltd a company manufacturing Steel Wires and Ropes in Thailand in the entire Asia-Pacific Region. He speaks fluent Thai.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Powder Metallurgy Association of India, Confederation of Indian Industry, Institute of Metals.
MEMBERSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
1. Institute of Materials, U.K.
2. Top Management Club - governing Council
3. Rotary Club of Poona Central.
MEMBERSHIP OF CLUBS
Life member of the following clubs:
A. Poona Club Limited, Pune
B. Royal Western India Turf Club Ltd, Pune/ Bombay
C. Mahabaleshwar Club, Mahabaleshwar.
D. Royal Bangkok Sports Club -Polo Club, Bangkok.
|Past President of Powder Metallurgy Association of India and past Chairman of Confederation of Indian Industry.|
|Awards / Recognition|
|All time achievement award from Powder Metallurgy Association of India for services rendered in this field, received many other awards and recognition.
Awarded the Ratna Shiromani Award for achievements in metallurgical and chemical production, marketing, sales and business planning in both India and abroad.
Awarded the Business Excellence award by the Institute of Marketing and Management -Top Management club, Pune
|Training / Seminars|
|He has spoken frequently at different forums as he is the past President of the Powder Metallurgy Association of India and past Chairman of the Confederation of Indian Industry.|
|He has successfully developed all vendors for Hoganas India Ltd as it was a green field project.|
|He has kept a close track of how the market evolved from 1986 as 3000 MT per annum to the current level of 60,000 MT per annum.|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|He is also familiar with export markets in regions close to India.|
|English||He is very proficient|
|Hindi||He is very fluent|
|Thai||He speaks Thai fluently|