Expert in Silicon Materials
Expert ID: 735381 Washington, USA
1. Analysis of new technologies, strategic positions, product costs, and markets for stock analysts and financial institutions.
2. Expert witness in court cases involving silicon materials, specifications, and patents.
3. Development of evaluation methods for granular form polysilicon for a major polysilicon supplier.
4. Market development and product development for a low-risk hazardous gas delivery system for a gas supplier.
5. Monthly market and technical survey reports for an electronic materials supplier.
6. Technical advisor for a European research facility.
7. Technical management, new product development, and sales development for projects for five companies in electronic materials.
8. Due diligence technical and market assistance for two company acquisitions.
9. Expert witness in a patent litigation lawsuit.
10. Development of a U.S. market for an offshore supplier of photovoltaic modules.
|Year: 1962||Degree: B.A.||Subject: Chemistry/ Physics||Institution: Univ. of California|
|Years: 1999 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President||Department: Consulting||Responsibilities: Provide Consulting Services to global companies|
|Years: 2005 to 2019||Employer: (Undisclosed)||Title: President||Department: Administration||Responsibilities: Provide production process technology, key equipment, start-up services to clients building polysilicon production plants|
|Years: 1990 to 1999||Employer: Advanced Siicon Materials||Title: Business Mgr, QA Mgr||Department: QA, Production, Marketing||Responsibilities: Provide QA/QC procedures, analytical services, technical marketing support, product design for customers purchasing polysilicon|
|Years: 1968 to 1990||Employer: Union Carbide||Title: Product Manager||Department: Electronic Substrates||Responsibilities: Develop electronic applications for oxide single crystals, silicon on sapphire, GGG bubble memories, optical coatings for laser materials|
|Years: 1962 to 1968||Employer: General Dynamics||Title: Research Chemist||Department: Materials Lab||Responsibilities: Provide test methods and analysis for aerospace materials, support production groups with material analyses|
|Semiconductor Equipment and Materials Institute (SEMI)
Chairman - SOS Committee, Polysilicon Task Force, Silane Standards
American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM), Committee F1.06, Silicon Materials
Chairman - High Purity Silicon Symposium
Semiconductor Safety Association
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Publications appear in IEEE Transactions, Journal of Crystal Growth, Electrochemical Society Symposium Publication, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology, Applied Physics Letters, Solid State Technology, Photovoltaics Journal, and Laboratory Management. Specifications and evaluation procedures appear in the Book of SEMI Standards and ASTM Standards.
Numerous presentations at meetings of the Electrochemical Society, IEEE SOS/SOI Workshops, American Chemical Society, AIME, American Crystal Growth Society, Photovoltaics Workshops, American Vacuum Society, and Electronic Materials Research Society.
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Litigation Consulting Examples:
1. Prepare Expert Report on six technical questions regarding processes and sequence of steps to build a polysilicon plant, describe load adjustment operations and individual commissioning of equipment, describe impact of hydrogen purity on polysilicon production, review and comment on hydrogen purity levels achieved in plant operation, and opine on safety and accepted engineering practices at the polysilicon plant. Prepare a Responsive Expert Report detailing errors and false assumptions in claimant's expert report. Testify on these reports before an international tribunal.
2. Review and comment on Albemarle patents, critical review of Albemarle support deposition, prepare deposition in the case, give a videotaped deposition and attend court proceedings as an expert witness. The technical report included analysis of fluid bed reactor deposition of granular polysilicon production, material qualification (fitness for use), technology for single crystal ingot production using granular polysilicon, evaluation methods for single crystal silicon ingots, Albemarle specifications for granular polysilicon, customer problems with granular polysilicon, and MEMC patents.
3. Report and testimony including detailed information on the polysilicon industry, industry demand and supply shortage, value of polysilicon in 2005, review and analysis of polysilicon specifications, review of purchase orders and opinions on the case.
4. Review of Japanese patent, a technical report on silane purity, silane market, impurity effects, purification methods, Japanese suppliers of silane, and review of twelve literature references.
5. Prepare review on silane production, components, safety risks, maintenance and safety process management, piping corrosion and risk mitigation practices.
6. Technical evaluation of Semiconductor Energy Lab (SEL) patent claims, critical evaluation of SEL supporting data for the case, written testimony and videotaped deposition for court. The technical evaluation included the production of silane (SiH4), purity, quality assurance methods, silicon film deposition methods, and specifications.
|Training / Seminars|
|Expert Witness training by Assurety Lonon UK|
|Product manager for Electronic Substrates, Business Manager for Silane Gas Product, Technical marketing support for polysilicon products, preparation of Photovoltaics demand and supply data, sales and technical support for a safe silane delivery system.|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Research and development project for a European Research facility, due diligence for technical and marketing assistance in two acquisitions.|