Expert in Solid-state, polymorphism, cocrystals
Expert ID: 735437 Spain
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Barcelona - Madrid
|Year: 2000||Degree: PhD||Subject: Organic Chemistry||Institution: Universitat de les Illes Balears|
|Year: 1996||Degree: MSc||Subject: Organic Chemistry||Institution: Universitat de les Illes Balears|
|Year: 1995||Degree: BSc||Subject: Chemistry||Institution: Universitat de les Illes Balears|
|Years: 2004 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Head of the Polymorphism and Calorimetry Unit||Department: Scientific and Technological Centers||Responsibilities: Manager of a technical unit for the study of polymorphism and cocrystals of APIs.|
|Years: 2002 to 2004||Employer: (Undisclosed)||Title: Research Technician||Department: Fine Chemistry Unit||Responsibilities: Research Technician in charge of a pilot plant for the synthesis of pharmaceutical compounds.|
|Years: 2001 to 2002||Employer: University of Sheffield||Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate||Department: Chemistry||Responsibilities: Postdoctoral researcher|
|Awards / Recognition|
|Senior Lecturer Accreditation by the Agency for the Quality of Higher Education in Catalonia (AQU)|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|He has published 60 research papers and 6 patents in the field of polymorphism, pharmaceutical cocrystals and Crystal Engineering in jornals such as ChemComm, CrystEngComm, Crystal Growth & Design, Molecular Pharmaceuticals, Chemical Science, etc.|
|Training / Seminars|
|Conferences and presentations
1. Invited Speaker. British Association for Crystal Growth 2019 Conference. 2019. London (UK).
2. Invited Speaker. British Association for Crystal Growth 2017 Conference. 2017. Manchester (UK).
3. Invited Speaker. IAPC-6 World Conference on Physico Chemical Methods. 2017. Zagreb (Croatia)
4. Invited Speaker. 8th APS International PharmSci Conference. 2017 Conference. Hatfield (UK).
5. Invited Speaker. Inform Europe Conference. 2015. Barcelona (Spain).
6. Invited Speaker. Workshop on Biotechnology Transfer: From the Lab to People. 2015. Palma de Mallorca (Spain).
7. Invited Speaker. AMPTEC 2014. Advanced Materials and Pharmaceuticals TEChnologies. 2014. Lille (France).
8. Invited Speaker. 10th International Conference on Polymorphism & Crystallisation (Scientific Update). November 2012. Prague, Czech Republic.
9. Oral presentation. Primer encuentro de la Red Española Interacciones Moleculares, Barcelona, Spain. 2011.
10. Oral presentation. PhysChemForum, Barcelona, Spain. 2010.
11. Oral presentation. Advances in Polymorphism and Cocrystallization, Barcelona, Spain. 2009.
12. Oral presentation. New Trends in Crystal Engineering, Barcelona, Spain. 2008.
13. Oral presentation.10th International Conference on Pharmacy and Applied Physical Chemistry. Ascona, Switzerland. 2007.
14. Oral presentation. Seminars on Polymorphism. University of Barcelona. 2006
15. Oral presentation. Barcelona BioMed Seminars. Barcelona Science Park. 2005
|Other Relevant Experience|
|He is reviewer of the following scientific journals: Crystal Engineering Communications, Crystal Growth & Design, Acta Crystallographyca, Crystals, Molecules, Chemical Reviews, Journal of Molecular Structure, Pharmaceutics, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Organic Letters, Journal of Organic Chemistry
Advice and expertise on Solid-state analysis, including thermal analysis and X-ray diffraction.
Advice and expertise on Polymorphism and cocrystals, including solid-state screens and characterization.