Expert in Speech Recognition, Arabic Speech Recognition, Embedded Speech Recognition
Expert ID: 732715 Egypt
He is also an expert in noise robust, desktop/embedded server/offline speech recognition systems.
He is an expert in software development and optimization of real time systems.
He is an expert in acoustic modelling using HTK (Hidden Markov Model toolkit).
Expert led the development of first ever Arabic text to speech system.
His areas of technical expertise include:
Data mining, Prediction models, closed loop adaptive data warehouse systems.
Sentiment analysis, opinion mining
Automatic Speech recognition: Acoustic modeling, language modeling, hidden markov model toolkit (HTK), decoder optimization, building speech databases, desktop and telephony speech recognition for English and Arabic languages.
Text to speech: synthesis, grapheme to phoneme.
Speech coding: (including GSM speech coding).
Digital Signal Processing
Natural language Processing
Wireless communication: GSM, familiar with other wireless systems like WLL, CDMA (IS 95).
Communication: ISDN, SS7, circuit switched and packet switched networks.
C++: Under Windows (Visual C++, both MFC and win32 API programming), and under UNIX, Linux
- Mobile programming: Windows Mobile, Windows Phone, Android (including NDK), Meego Linux, HTML5 PhoneGap, JQuery Mobile, Different Push technologies.
- AVR C programming (different platforms: Arduino, Organtunan, Custom build boards).
Basic: Visual Basic
Script Programming: perl, tcl/tk csh, bash, tcsh.
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL server, ODBC, DAO, JDBC.
Configuration management: MS Visual source safe, Clear case, cvs.
Rational tools: ClearCase, ClearQuest.
Quality: CMM, ISO
He is an expert in developing recommendation systems, based on techniques like collaborative filtering and decision trees.
Expert has a long history of managing $3MM software projects with teams bigger than 30 people. He also has international experience establishing an offshore development facility.
Building speech recognition systems.
building recommendation systems
Optimzation for embedded systems.
|Year: 2004||Degree: PhD||Subject: Speech Recogniton/Telecommunication and electronics||Institution: Ain Shams Universit, faculty of engineering|
|Years: 2015 to 2016||Employer: ITWorx||Title: Senior Technical Consultant||Department: Education||Responsibilities: • Leading research in new technologies, assessing current methodologies and practices used in software development inside the company
• Developed (Research/Design/Development) of a recommendation engine in C# based on Collaborative filtering techniques.
• Doing research in adaptive learning techniques based on machine learning techniques and item response theory.
• Developed other proof of concepts in different areas of education products (Based on Microsoft technologies).
|Years: 2014 to 2015||Employer: ITWorx||Title: Offshore Development Manager||Department: General business||Responsibilities: • Responsible for establishing an offshore development capability in India.
• Made a succeesful due dilligance and a successful pilot project there and established strong connction with an important Indian partner company in Gujarat state.
• Responsible of writing an RFP for datawarehouse for a key telecom operator in Azerbaijan
|Years: 2006 to 2013||Employer: International Turnkey Systems||Title: Senior System Analyst||Department: Telecom, Banking||Responsibilities: • Responsible of designing the architecture of future ETHIX+ banking suite.
• Responsible for the design of the architecture for ITS mobile banking solutions/Peripherals integration.
• Working as an R&D consultant woking in many aspects in architecture, optimization and selecting the right tools for Telecom/Banking Products.
• Represent ITS in collaboration with Egyptian government (ITIDA)/ Egyptian universites (Also working as jury in ITIDA incubation projects).
• Steering Committee member of ITS Academy.
Program manager of ALM Implementation (IBM Rational suite) (corporate wide program).
Position: Project Manager – Telecom dept.
• Project manager of telecom change requests initiated by more than 18 operators. Managing 4 teams with total of 30 developers.
Position: Senior Software analyst – Telecom dept.
• Designed and Implemented many middleware programs to enable billing software to communicate with GSM switches (Provisioning module).
|Years: 2003 to 2006||Employer: Nesrsoft||Title: General manager, founder||Department:||Responsibilities: Nesrsoft is a startup company specialized in continuous speech recognition for the Arabic language
Position: General Manager
• Founded Nesrsoft company.
• Developed Vassist (the unique Arabic speech recognition assistant for Pocket PC devices).
• Developed A-Listener 100 speech recognition engine.
• Developed many linguistic resources.
|Years: 2001 to 2003||Employer: ITWorx||Title: Project Leader||Department: Products||Responsibilities: • Responsible for project control of Itworx services projects.
• Member of Software Engineering Process Group team.
• Member of a company CMM pre-assesment team.
• Managing a web based project (SourceEverywhere) that enables web access to Microsoft SourceSafe configuration management software.
• Managing Global tax department service project (web based application over Plumtree portal server) for UTC corporation, USA.
• Managing Vodafone live content.
|Years: 2000 to 2001||Employer: Lucent Technologies (Bell Labs)||Title: Principal Software Engineer||Department: Lucent Software Center in Egypt||Responsibilities: Lucent is a leader international telecommunication company, it employs more than 120,000 employee worldwide and is the owner of famous US based Bell labs.
Lucent software center in Cairo has been opened 1 April 2001
Position: Principal software engineer
• Supported opening and establishing Lucent software center in Egypt.
• Managing a web based project (Lab Scheduler) that manages Lucent wireless labs, this project has 6 developers and uses Java language and Oracle database. This includes traveling to Lucent India (Our customer) to negotiate statement of work and requirements specification.
• Added some features in one of OMC support tools.
• Teached courses in CDMA/ IS95, SS7 and gave a presentation on speech coding to a governmental institute of communication.
|Years: 1995 to 2000||Employer: Lernout&Hauspie/Sakhr||Title: Senior Project Manager/Researcher||Department: Speech||Responsibilities: Lernout & Hauspie / Sakhr joint venture company, Cairo, Egypt
Lernout & Hauspie is a leading international company in speech technology, it employs more than 4500 employee worldwide.
Sakhr Software is one of the largest software houses in the middle east, the company employs more than 700 employee worldwide, Sakhr is famous for its Arabic linguistics technology, Arabic speech technology, Arabic optical character recognition and Arabic machine translation.
Position: Senior Project Manager (1 Jul 99 to 1 Apr 2000)
• Awarded in 17 February 2000 Sakhr’s award of excellence (man of the year) for achievement done in Arabic dictation system.
• Managing 3 projects (Arabic dictation, Arabic speech recognition for desktop, Arabic speech recognition for telephony), in all these projects, I managed 7 R&D engineers, 2 software testers, 11 linguists (linguists were shared among other projects under a linguist manager).
• Developing and finalizing an Arabic continuous dictation product, this product supported more than 250000 words and included features like navigating through MS Windows by voice and dictating into applications like Microsoft Word.
• Doing research in Acoustic modeling and language modeling to improve the accuracy of our dictation engine.
Position: Project manager ( 1 Jul 98 till 1 Jul 99)
• Managed 5 project:
• Arabic continuous dictation project.
• Arabic speech recognition SDK: based on our HTK based developed recognizer.
• Vocabulary builder: To add contexts to the recognizer.
• Script builder: An application that enables linguists to build a recording script.
• Recording tool: Equipped with microphone calibration and silence detector and can work on National Instruments and Sound Blaster cards.
• Labeling tool: for labeling the recorded utterances.
• Trained different types of Hidden Markov Model sets specific to Arabic language.
• Developed a prototype for an Arabic dictation system based on Entropic LVX decoder.
• Built an Arabic statistical language model.
|Years: 2006 to 2013||Agency: Egypt||Role: Judge||Description: Judge in ITIDA speech projects funding.|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2014 to 2014||Country / Region: India/Gujarat||Summary: Establishing an Indian outsourcing branch|
|Years: 2014 to 2014||Country / Region: Azerbaijan/Baku||Summary: Responsible of writing an RFP for datawarehouse for a key telecom operator in Azerbaijan|
|Associations / Societies|
- Arabic text to speech
- Arabic automatic speech recognition
- Arabic dictation
- Arabic automatic speech recognition for mobile phones (offline. speaker independent)
|Awards / Recognition|
|Man of the year : Sakhr Software|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Copyrights for AListener Arabic speech recognition engine
• Arabic/English Automatic Spoken Language Identification,
IEEE PACRIM 99 p400, Victoria, Canada
• Arabic Automatic Segmentation System and its application for Arabic Speech Recognition System
IEEE MWSCAS, Cairo, Egypt 2004
• Acoustic Training System for Speaker Independent
Continuous Arabic Speech Recognition System
ISSPIT Rome,Italy December 2004