Expert in Steel Tube Technology Management, QMS, EMS, OHSAS, TQM, Stretch Target Process/ Product Development
Expert ID: 725080 India
Proficiency in the primary areas
A post graduate in Metallurgy ( univ gold Medalist) and an MBA with 37 years of primary expertise in the following major areas:
1. Quality Management, Quality Assurance
2. Product and process development
3. New product development management
4. IS0 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 system design, implementation, maintenance and improvement
4. TQM implementation
5. Auditing/ Assessment of Management systems
6. National standards formulation
7. In house and collaborative R&D
9. Designing and Monitoring stretch target improvement plans.
Proficiency in the primary areas:
1. Quality Management, Quality Assurance, Quality control, Quality design, auditing and evaluation.
2. Product and process development and design, commercialisation.
3. New product development management.
4. IS0 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 system design, implementation, maintenance and improvement.
5. TQM implementation.
6. Auditing/ Assessment of Management systems.
7. National standards formulation.
8. In house and collaborative R&D.
9. Manufacturing - Iron, steel, Metal working.
10. Designing and Monitoring stretch target continuous improvement plans.
Consultation and implementation of Integrated management System (QMS,EMS and OHSAS) in Assam Cpmpany Kolkata
|Year: 1970||Degree: B.Tech||Subject: Metallurgical Engineering||Institution: Banaras Hindu University, Banaras, India|
|Year: 1976||Degree: M.Tech||Subject: Metallurgical Engineering ( Extractive Metallurgy and Foundry)||Institution: National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, India|
|Year: 1980||Degree: Post Grad. Diploma in Bus. Mgmt||Subject: Business Management.||Institution: Xavier Labour Relations Institute, India ( One of the top 5 leading Bus School in India)|
|Years: 2008 to 2010||Employer: Indian Register of Shipping, SGS India Ltd , Tata Projects Ltd (Epanelled Consultant)||Title: Lead Auditor/ Lead Assessor||Department: Management System Assessment|
Responsibilities:He is a Lead Assessor for Management System Assessment for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
He also functions as Technical Exoert in the Assessmenrt Team for Metalluirgical/ Metal processing Industries
|Years: 1976 to 2008||Employer: Tata Seel Limited||Title: Head of Technology and Managemenmt Representative/ Appointer for Management Sytems.||Department: Technology and System Management, Tubes Division|
Responsibilities:He functioned as Processs Owners of the following key management areas:
Technology Management, Manufacturing Management, Process and Product Development, Market development, Quality Management, Project management, Environmental and Organisational Health and Safety Management.
|Years: 1971 to 1975||Employer: Stele Authority of India Ltd,||Title: Metallurgist||Department: Process Control, Process and Product Development. Research, Durgapur Steel Plant|
Responsibilities:Blast Furnace Process Control - Iron making
Steel Melting Process Control - Steel Making
|Years: 1996 to 2008||Agency: Bureau of Indian Standards, Ministry of Commerce,Govt of India||Role: Chairman, Committee on Steel Tubes and Fittings||Description: Helead the national standardisation initiatives for formulation of Indian national standards on all categories of Steel Tubes and Fittings for 12 years.|
|Years: 1998 to 2008||Agency: India Boilers Board, Ministry of Technical development,Govt of India||Role: Member ( Alternative)||Description: Key role - Formulation of Boilter Regulations.
- As member of the board,lead the board and finalised and updated the Regulations pertaining to Welded Boiler Tubes taking into account international practices/ codes.
|Associations / Societies|
|Life member National Asspciatio of Quality and Reliability.
-Represented International Tube Association as Expert, memeber
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Certified Lead Auditor
Qualified TQM Business Excelence Assessor
|- Editor ' Tube Tech, an internal technical periodical at steel|
|Awards / Recognition|
|- Has been awarded several top management level awards by Tata Steel for significant contributions to Quality Management, continuous improvement processes and and Business excellence support, involvement, initiatives and results.|
|Medical / Professional|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Applied for 3 Indian patents (joint) on behalf of Tata Steel on lnovations of steel Tubes|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Apprising of Expert lawyears on technical aspects of process, methods fo addressing/handling legal issues pertaining to product and their processing|
|Training / Seminars|
|-Presented 30 technical papers in national / international seminars.
- Designed training modules and imparted training on (i) Managemnt Sytems awareness,their internal audiiting and upgradation - for Sr, medium and Jr. officers, supervisors and workmen ( both internal and external)
-Designed training modules and imparted training
on olrientation programme for Graduate Engineer Trainees on Steel Tube Technology and manufacturing processes.
- Organised a very successful international seminar on ' Development of Welded steel tube technogy for Automobile Industry, in 2005, attended by international speakers.
|Established manufacturing and QA system at outsourced franchise manufacturing facilities and their ISO 9001 certification through training and implementation of systems.|
|Worked for 37 years in steel industry, majority being in steel tube industry.
Recognised as an expert in tube technology in the country. Served as (i) Lead the initiative for developing national standards for Steel tubular products as Chairman of Steel Tube standardisation apex body MTD 19 of Bureau of. Indian Standards (BIS) Govt of India for 12 years ( BIS is primary member of ISO). Now serve as memeber in personal capacity as expert in the field.
- Served as member of National Acreditation Bureau on dimentional measurement acreditation.
- Served in Indian Boilers Board, Govt of India for 8 years as Expert. representative. Developed/ Updated the code for Welded Boiler Tubes in Indian Boiler Regulations.
|Other Relevant Experience|
|A qualified lead assessor for ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001,
Empanelled as external auditor with IRQS, India, accredited by RVA, Netherlands, SGS India and Tata Projects, Has done extensive management system auditing and assessment.
-A qualified Business Excellence (BE) Assessor on Malcolm Baldrige model and has extensive BE (TQM) assessment experience as leader as well as team member of major Tata Group of Companies
- Edited a very popular monthly internal technical publication - 'Tube Tech' at Tata Steel.
- 'Expert' practitioner of Knowledge management of Tata Steel
|English||He is proficient in English language|
|Bengali||Bengali being Mother Tonge, Me is very pfoficirnt in the language.|
Fields of Expertise
acceptable quality level, design-for-quality, ISO 9000 series quality system standard, ISO 9001, ISO 9003, ISO 9004, ISO 9660, metal-related quality control, metalworking, new product development, new product development management, process design, product development cycle time, QS-9000 quality system requirements, quality auditing, quality control, quality evaluation, quality standard, rapid product development, total quality control, vendor quality auditing, welding quality control, commercialization, continuous quality improvement, design process, steel tube technology, manufacturing, new product market survey, new technology business value measurement, quality function deployment, research and development, research and development productivity, technology commercialization, technology management, benchmark, capability study, design for environment, ISO 9000-3, quality upgrading, American National Standards Institute, customer segmentation, commercialization, heat-affected zone, design of experiments, alloy design, American Society for Quality Control, acceptance test, acceptable quality level, hot strip mill, destructive testing, process capability study, metal heat treatment quality control, steel test program design, steel research program design, design for cost, ductile iron quality control, acceptance sampling, water quality standard, new product design, design review, statistical quality control, material product development, material design, new product assessment, design engineering, quality engineering