Expert in Strategic/Financial Analysis & Planning, Capital Management, Process Improvement, Shared Services
financial/business models to simulate alternative scenarios and business dynamics for acquisitions, investments and improvement initiatives for a number of Fortune
500 companies. He has also had the opportunity to run the Capital Planning function for a major global corporation.
Expert is proficient if the business performance improvement area in general and finance operations in particular. During his career he has had the opportunity to
work with major global corporations assessing strategic opportunities, and developing gap closing road-maps, resulting in hundreds of millions of dollars in savings.
Transformation initiatives led by Expert include: Operating Model redesign, Procure-to-Pay and Order-to-Cash re-engineering, Freight Management outsourcing
analysis and redesign of the Planning, Forecasting and Analysis function among others.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Toledo, Ohio - Fort Wayne, Indiana - South Bend, Indiana - Muncie, Indiana - Anderson, Indiana - Elkhart, Indiana - Lansing, Michigan - Ann Arbor, Michigan - Kalamazoo, Michigan - Battle Creek, Michigan
|Year: 2011||Degree: MSSM||Subject: Strategy||Institution: Kelley School of Business|
|Year: 2010||Degree: MBA||Subject: Management||Institution: Kelley School of Business|
|Year: 2004||Degree: PhD||Subject: Business||Institution: Newport University|
|Year: 1992||Degree: MA||Subject: Mathematics||Institution: University of North Carolina|
|Year: 1990||Degree: BS||Subject: Physics||Institution: Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi|
|Years: 2011 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Principal||Department: Strategic Services||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 2006 to 2011||Employer: IBM||Title: Managing Consultant||Department: Strategy and Transformation||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 2005 to 2006||Employer: Cooper Standard Automotive||Title: Manager/Director||Department: Finance Shared Services||Responsibilities: • Directed FSS in the US, and played a key role in the Mexican and Canadian operation. FSS manages $600 million in yearly disbursements and fixed assets of $500 million
• Managed a team of 38 finance professionals through two direct reporting managers.
• Led implementation of Electronic Funds Transfer system replacing 60% of paper checks in phase one and enabling incre¬mental discounts claims for $600,000/year as well as a working capital impact of approximately $5MM.
• Increased FSS cost reduction initiatives from $250,000 to $1MM.
|Years: 1998 to 2005||Employer: Cummins||Title: Crontroller||Department: Engine Business Quality and Manufacturing||Responsibilities: Controller, Engine Business Unit Quality and Manufacturing 2002 - 2005
• Designed and implemented financial structure and cross charge models for Facilities and Measure¬ment Systems’ consolidated Shared Services groups; the total initiative saved $8MM in two years.
• Provided advice on economics and business matters while maintaining worldwide Engine Business Unit Capital Management responsibilities ($80-$400MM).
• Oversaw financial and planning processes for the EBQ & Manufacturing Support organization ($55MM budget) including the Annual Operating Plan, month- and year-end close
• Coordinated the global manufacturing component level annual operating plan allocation process, involving 13 manufacturing facilities in five countries.
• Identified an R&D tax credit opportunity that generated $5MM in savings over three years.
Manager Capital Management, Columbus, IN 2000 - 2002
• Managed worldwide Engine Business Unit capital activities including development of the Capital Plan ($80-400MM).
• Oversaw Requests for Capital Appropriations (RFA), evaluated investment proposals and maintained corporate standards.
• Led Forecasting & Reporting on capital activity and provided management information for corporate level decision support.
• Improved capital planning, administration, forecasting and reporting processes; automated Excel processes using Visual Basic and developed various financial models.
Manager Financial Resources, San Luis Potosi, Mexico 1999 - 2000
• Developed the financial model and led the implementation of sensitivity analysis as standard technique for capital investment analysis.
• Addressed a DSO case of $2MM; reengineered the financial structure of one of the OEMs to enable them to comply with their financial obligations while keeping their company financially healthy.
Internal Auditor, San Luis Potosi, Mexico 1998 – 1999
|Spanish||Expert is native from Mexico where he worked professionally for more than 10 years.|