Expert in Strategic Internal and External Global Communications (Development, Execution and Measurement)
Expert ID: 735901 Arizona, USA
Available for panels, in depth interviews, and surveys only.
|Year: 1998||Degree: BS||Subject: Marketing||Institution: Arizona State University|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Head of Corporate Communications||Department: Corporate Communications||Responsibilities: • Leads the communication strategy for the Integration Program Office for the company’s $6.5B acquisition by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany supporting the HR, Culture & Change, R&D, Supply Chain, Procurement, EHSQ, Finance, Commercial, R&D and IT workstreams.
• Actively participates in Versum’s change management, crisis communications, employee engagement, diversity & inclusion, M&A integration and executive leadership teams.
• Responsible for global rebranding initiative, (post-spin from Air Products in 2017 and post-acquisition by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany in 2019), including media campaigns, internal and external collateral, packaging and physical locations.
• Acts as a brand ambassador to guide teams and ensure brand compliance globally, including establishing, maintaining and monitoring company-wide policies, standards, practices, processes, and metrics related to communications.
• Architects and manages mobile-friendly, intranet application to provide real-time news and self-service options to optimize the employee experience.
• Develops high-quality written materials and graphics to convey Versum’s corporate narrative, including internal communications, press releases, online content, Q&As, speeches, editorials, etc., to reach a multitude of audience types and personas.
• Manages the execution of town halls, webcasts, corporate social responsibility, employee engagement and industry events.
• Represents the company as its spokesperson as required.
• Responsible for working with internal and external business partners to develop strategies, standards, collaboration tools and communication templates.
• Leads the strategy and development of digital platforms to maximize digital engagement for a variety of stakeholders, including customers, investors, and new hires—including the design and maintenance of VersumMaterials.com.
• Manages metrics and analytics and tracks usage to measure the effectiveness of digital properties (internally and externally) and implements continuous improvements.
|Years: 2012 to 2017||Employer: Isola Group||Title: Global Marketing Communications Manager||Department: Corporate Communications||Responsibilities: • Designed and executed all global external marketing communications and employee engagement strategies.
• Developed and implemented measures and programs by selecting and effectively using various communication channels (tradeshows, traditional and digital advertising, social media outreach, public relations, crisis communications, customer alerts, technical presentations, promotions, brochures, isola-group.com, audio-visual productions, etc.).
• Informed, engaged and inspired Isola staff worldwide through the definition of an employee revitalization strategy (recognition programs, employee app, digital displays, town hall meetings, videos, newsletters, gamification, special events, webcasts, etc.).
• Created and evangelized new corporate purpose, vision and guiding values to redefine the organizational culture from regional to global alignment.
• Devised an employee brand strategy from prehire to retire.
• Devised targeted communication strategies to drive global engagement and results with a clear understanding of cultural considerations.
• Evaluated effectiveness of communication through surveys, inquiries and analytics
• Served as the company spokesperson to media outlets.
• Implemented global customer opt-in database for lead generation and scoring activities.
• Established Chatter guidelines for Salesforce.com implementation.
• Designed a document management system to provide version control and security.
• Developed copy, graphics and layout for corporate website redesign; standardize branding for collateral, exhibitions and advertising.
• Coordinated budget and determined needed resources to achieve specific goals in the marketing plan to manage against the budget.
• Cultivated a deep knowledge of the electronics industry; analyzed market data to align the global marketing strategies with overall business objectives.
• Managed team of specialists, web developers and media partners.
• Provided strategic communications counsel to senior management and key internal stakeholders including legal, human resources, sales & marketing, operations, finance and IT (located in the US, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Singapore and Germany).
|Years: 2007 to 2012||Employer: Microchip Technology Inc.||Title: Product MarCom Manager||Department: Corporate Marketing Communications||Responsibilities: • Managed 14-person creative team consisting of designers, copywriters, web developers, event coordinator, digital asset librarian and videographer
• Directed $8M global merchandising budget.
• Drove creative development, contract negotiation, media placement for traditional and digital advertising.
• Developed co-op promotional activities with catalog and worldwide distribution partners.
• Drove sales promotions in the field, including developing incentive programs, customer presentations and product training.
• Improved the user experience components for the web through the use of personas and a solid understanding of reading patterns and writing for the web.
• Led social media marketing efforts on LinkedIn, Facebook, s+, Twitter and YouTube.
• Coordinated corporate seminars, tradeshows, conferences, customer technology events and E-learning events.
• Integrated and transitioned new mergers and acquisitions into the MarCom plan.
• Maintained corporate trademarking, branding, operating and ISO/TS quality standards.
• Established and nurtured relationships with third-party partners including vendors, media, photographers, printers and freelancers.
|Years: 2004 to 2007||Employer: Microchip Technology Inc.||Title: MarCom Generalist||Department: Corporate Marketing Communications||Responsibilities: • Supported promotional activities with worldwide distribution partners
• Managed regional advertising and marketing promotions budget and placement for the Americas (direct mail/E-mail campaigns, corporate, product and campaign-specific brochures, presentations and digital content).
• Published monthly customer newsletter (circulation 48,000).
• Supported corporate trademarking and branding standards.