Expert in Strategic Planning, Business Management, Team Building, Personnel Development
Expert ID: 738139 New York, USA
|Year: 1990||Degree: MS||Subject: Administration-School of Public Health||Institution: Indiana University|
|Years: 2019 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Director of Operations||Department:|
Responsibilities:The Director of Operations reports to the Vice President of Operations and is responsible for motivating, developing and leading a team of seven exempt direct reports and 140 non-exempt indirect reports. The Director ensures all company's operational, financial and safety procedures are followed, enabling relevant key financial performance indicators are met and operational goals are achieved. The warehouse, located in Syracuse, New York, is approximately 220,000 square feet and picks, packs and ships approximately $7 billion in pharmaceutical products each year. The Director role maintains clear and frequent communications with all levels within the organization as well as with customers. The Director provides strategic direction and leadership, ensuring execution of the distribution center's employee engagement and retention strategies and internal and external customer satisfaction. In addition, this leader will lead the distribution center's compliance with all appropriate state and federal agencies. Leverages StrengthsFinder Themes of Individualization, Restorative, Responsibility, Harmony, and Achiever.
• Provide leadership to managers, experienced professional staff and operational associates.
• Promote a productive work environment with high employee engagement levels.
• Create and execute strategies to control operating costs.
• Develop and implement key performance indicators, policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals.
• Assist in the development of functional strategies and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Interact with internal and external leaders, including senior management.
• Persuade others into agreement with sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships across the organization.
• Partner with Environmental Health and Safety team to ensure high standards are in place for a safe working environment for all employees.
• Monitor and ensure all regulatory procedures are properly administered and within appropriate tolerances.
• Evaluate current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives.
|Years: 2018 to 2019||Employer: Cardinal Health||Title: Manager, Inbound Operations||Department:|
Responsibilities:Manages inbound operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and business support staff. Participates in the development of policies and processes to achieve specific goals and insures employees operate within guidelines. Decisions have impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers. Interacts with teams, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels and frequently interacts with senior management. Interactions normally involve resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects. Gains consensus from internal departments and collaborates with inbound courier/vendor services.
|Years: 2014 to 2018||Employer: Cardinal Health||Title: Manager, Inventory Management||Department:|
Responsibilities:Inventory Manager accountable for the design and execution of demand planning and customer forecasting systems; supply planning, product deployment and expediting processes; and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements.
• Manages professional employees and supervisors; manages business support, technical and production staff
• Has accountability for managing financial resources and inventory levels in excess of $230M.
• Provides technical guidance to employees
• Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies
• Has in-depth expertise in own job family and knowledge of the related job families
• Applies expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in own area
• Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, that impact the work of subordinates within job family; influences subordinates to support decision by presenting rationale/business case
• Role models Employer's high ethical standards and code of conduct
• Recognizes development needs and capability gaps in own area and arranges specific projects/assignments to address needs
• Proactively identifies talent internally and externally, including participation in succession planning process for job family
• Cascades organizational goals through the function/work area to the individual level and ensures individuals understand how they can contribute
• Builds confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style
• Accepts responsibility for establishing goals and achieving results within own job family, holding self and others accountable for results
• Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly, applying knowledge of profit drivers within own area/job family
|Years: 2013 to 2014||Employer: Cardinal Health||Title: Manager, Operational Excellence||Department:|
Responsibilities:Certified Black Belt
Responsible for leading data driven performance improvement projects for fiscal impact as specified by the business unit leadership team in coordination with the Field or Functional Deployment Leader.
• Responsible for implementation of corrective action plans and verification of solution effectiveness. Will work with the site level financial services team to document the fiscal impact of solutions and maintain all appropriate data within the Operational Excellence project tracking system.
• Conduct Six Sigma Define Measure Analyze Improve Control (DMAIC), Lean and Design For Six Sigma (DFSS), projects, leading teams to address business process problems and design new processes to achieve results
• Facilitate problem-solving and Work-Out sessions to lead teams to address issues not requiring the DMAIC approach • Mentor Kaizen Leaders and Green Belts in completing DMAIC projects
• Instruct Lean Six Sigma training classes as needed
• Conduct special data analysis projects as requested by management
• Identify opportunities for Six Sigma projects and conduct analysis to scope projects
• Coach operations managers to establish performance measurement systems and goals aligned with organizational objectives
• Establish Statistical Process Control charts where applicable and train process owners in their proper use
• Work with process owners and Information Technology (IT) resources to make data available to process owners and Green Belts for process improvement
• Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams to enhance quality of products and services
• Communicate frequently with Master Black Belt and Deployment Leader regarding project status, issues and accomplishments
• Facilitate project replication, sharing of best practices and documentation of standard operating procedures
|Years: 2011 to 2013||Employer: Cardinal Health||Title: Manager, Outbound Operations||Department:|
Responsibilities:Responsibility for a staff of 85 employees and 4 exempt supervisors managing timely distribution of merchandise within Region and Distribution Center standards of budget, policies, procedures and quality. $18M invoiced nightly for 2000 customers/1800 deliveries daily for metro NYC and all of upstate NY.
|Years: 2006 to 2011||Employer: Wal-Mart Distribution||Title: Operations Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:Managed staff of 100 hourly employees and 5 exempt managers in 800K square foot grocery facility.
|Years: 2001 to 2005||Employer: The Post-Standard Newspaper||Title: Circulation Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:Responsible for a staff of 26 independent contractors that covered home delivery and single copy newspaper sales.
|Years: 1996 to 2006||Employer: Gold's Gym/Northeast Athletic Consulting||Title: Personal Trainer||Department:|
Responsibilities:Staff and later self-employed providing exercise and nutritional counseling to a private client base of 50.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Rutgers University Big Data Program Advisor/Board of Directors
Chair: CAH Community of Practice-Supply Chain Field Sub-Committee
Healthcare Supply Chain Professionals