Expert in Supply Chain and Procurement Sourcing; Project Management, Cost Reduction, Vendor Management, Systems Evaluation and Improvement, Sustainability, Customer Relations, Cross-Functional Collaboration
Expert ID: 737734 , USA
• Extensive experience in leading strategic procurement processes that substantially reduce costs and play an essential role in delivering incremental value through cost efficiencies.
• Expertise includes managing and improving supply chains, project management, cost reduction, vendor management, systems evaluation and improvement, sustainability, customer relations, cross-functional collaboration, and leading world-class teams.
• Technical Skills - SAP/Ariba, Smartsheet, CMMS, Power BI, Microsoft Office.
• Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
• Vendor / Partner Relations
• Supply Chain Roadmaps
• KPI Dashboards / Analytics
• Contract Management
• Logistics Strategy / Improvement
• Distribution & Logistics
• Project Management
• Risk Identification / Mitigation
• Strategic Planning / Initiatives
• Process Improvement
• Financial Analysis / Cost Savings
• Supplier Scorecards
• Vendor Management
• Continuous Improvement
• Stakeholder Relations
• Communication / Presentations
|Year: 2009||Degree: M.S.||Subject: Biology||Institution: University of St. Joseph|
|Year: 4||Degree: B.A.||Subject: Psychology||Institution: Roger Williams University|
|Years: 2022 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Hydraulic Cylinder Buyer - Resource Industries -||Department:|
Responsibilities:Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability. Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures. Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies. Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales. Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
· Project lead and negotiator on sea freight
· Project lead for material category alignment
· Lead negotiator on commodity surcharge
· Component sourcings
· Streamlined purchasing of housing sensors resulting in individual unit cost savings of $1,000
|Years: 2018 to 2022||Employer: Volvo Cars||Title: Senior Buyer / Commodity Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:Manage bidding, negotiation, and vendor selection process in greenfield to ensure products/services are purchased at competitive prices. Spearhead sourcing and negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives through the use of technology roadmaps and market analysis. Drive value in supplier performance through benchmarking, business reviews, and KPI management. Benchmark suppliers to ensure competitive pricing and negotiated lower costs as necessary. Provide support and coaching to 5 global indirect reports.
Direct Materials: SQM Exterior Body & Raw Mat, Geo - fasteners, steering, brakes, warehousing, spare parts, raw material ; SEMAT and PPAP experience
Indirect Materials: MRO-Maintenance and production materials including PPE
• Developed MRO and Raw Material commodity strategies in U.S.’s first Volvo production plant in-line with $1 billion expansion. by analyzing and collaborating with stakeholders, suppliers, and US/EMEA/APAC/Sweden headquarters.
• Negotiated rebates of >$25,000 over 2.5-year, $500,000 multi-contract lifespan
• Streamlined all areas of category management reducing supplier base, and eliminating deleterious contract verbiage, achieving cost savings of $1.5 million per year.
• Achieved global agreement resulting in 5% savings to include regional sub-agreement resulting in an additional 3% in purchasing of welding gasses over 3-year, $1 million contract lifespan.
• Designed local SOPs to ensure consistent and streamlined bidding
• Achieved ~$393,000 in savings by insourcing PM’s without increasing headcount.
• Led implementation team for the Ariba integration system while meeting an eight-week launch schedule.
• Established working process for “Fast Buy” channels, including punchouts, vending machines, VMI, managed inventory in CMMS, and consignment
• Reduced excess MRO spare parts inventory in warehouse/CMMS by 15% of unique SKU’s >2,000 with charge-back savings of ~$600,000.
• Streamlined processes reducing required personnel by 66% (3 head-count to 1) through task-based personnel management, and reducing redundancies.
• Exceeded cost savings target, achieving 7% savings Yr1, and 15% savings Yr2
o Design global strategy for consumables and spare parts (US, EMEA, APAC) - Current Project
o Six Sigma Green Belt: Maintenance Inspection Sourcing Improvement: Reduced gaps in scheduling process of preventative maintenance and repairs on plant equipment.
o SAP Ariba Sourcing functional project lead – Successfully engineered and executed plan for Ariba integration while meeting an eight-week launch schedule.
o Led consultant project to analyze P2P process leading to $650,000/yr savings
|Years: 2018 to 2018||Employer: Alcami Corporation||Title: Project Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:Managed pharmaceutical manufacturing projects for several multi-national drug product clients.
• Coordinated with stakeholders to identify work streams, timelines, critical paths, and milestones in project plans.
• Defined complex project plans including scope, budget, and schedule to track performance metrics of 28 projects with 15 companies.
• Identified opportunities for improvement and drove actions to address the reduction of average project completion time by 10%.
• Developed and executed ongoing weekly presentations in Microsoft Office for 15 clients to enhance awareness of changes in production.
• Implemented root-cause analysis and CAPAs processes to increase on-time batch delivery by 18%.
|Years: 2012 to 2018||Employer: Pfizer Inc.||Title: Procurement Specialist||Department:|
Responsibilities:Championed strategic procurement process that substantially reduced costs and played an essential role in delivering incremental value through cost efficiencies. Orchestrated supplier management and contract execution throughout mergers and acquisitions. Negotiated with vendors to ensure the highest cost savings. Performed cost analysis including the preparation of monthly internal metrics to generate cost savings.
• As North America (U.S., MX, French-speaking Canada) catalogue enablement lead, designed and implemented Ariba catalog and supplier enablement SOP’s, and KPIs / targets, resulting in time labor savings of $100,000/yr
• Instituted strategy for the rollout of FCPA compliance when onboarding new suppliers.
• Authored SOP’s and implemented processes, including Ariba catalogue operations, to reduce tactical purchase processing volume by 10%. and processing man-hours by 8, daily.
• Enriched the P2P process by reducing supplier change orders by 22%.
• Evaluated supplier insights and knowledge in order to generate global agreements or establish domestic sourcing.
• W.E. UpJohn Award - Two-time recipient. The award recognizes colleagues who have demonstrated exceptional performance and leader behaviors on a daily basis.
|Years: 2007 to 2014||Employer: Mohegan Sun Casino||Title: Accounting Coordinator||Department:|
Responsibilities:Analyzed daily tracking of millions of dollars of win/loss gambling metrics. Performed sales management functions in a dynamic environment across 10 departments.
• Executed thorough preliminary audits of coworkers’ day-to-day transactions in excess of $60,000.
• Managed team of twenty sales staff during major entertainment events.
|Awards / Recognition|
|W.E. UpJohn Award - Two-time recipient. The award recognizes colleagues who have demonstrated exceptional performance and leader behaviors on a daily basis.|
|French||Proficient (Written and Oral)|