Expert in Supply Chain (Distribution, Transportation, Product Manufacturing)
Expert ID: 736724 California, USA
As a practitioner, Expert has held senior appointments at TELUS and Procter & Gamble, managing international supply chain projects in partnership with retailers (Wal-Mart, Target), and overseeing projects on billion dollar P&G brands (Iams, Tide). Various supply chain initiatives implemented by Expert within the area of target market definition, demand simulation, shrink maintenance, and the application of retail disruptive innovation techniques, are still actively in place.
With a focus on areas of shrink, sustainability, market segmentation and differentiation, Expert has consulted on projects involving simulated projection and forecasting, aggregate data analysis on competitive markets, regression techniques, and clustering in determining the validity of demand projections. Opportunity quantification, identification of key markets and optimization of supply chain coordination has been a hallmark of Expert's work.
In addition to holding a PhD (Hierarchical decision making patterns for the placement of physical supply chain entities), Expert has earned an MBA, and is a double Computer Science graduate of the University of Windsor (BS[Hons], BCS). He has held faculty appointments at Harvard University, UCLA, and University of Southern California.
The following are some examples of Expert’s expert and consulting projects within areas of product manufacturing, distribution, packaging and logistics practices:
• Personal injury due to alleged supply chain flaws. Analysis of industry standards for quality and safety within the manufacturing, storage, transportation, packaging and quality control phase of a supply chain. Economic evaluation of product design and manufacturing decisions in comparison to industry standards.
• Supply chain ownership and liability. Determination of supply chain ownership across various channels. Assessment of liability with relation to supply chain functionality and design. Analysis and value calculation of relationships and responsibilities within the supply chain.
• Procurement optimization. Optimization of the spend ratio to average cost price for procurement per business unit. Calculation of potential cost savings per business unit based on optimal procurement cost. Evaluation of storage vs. order frequency cost per business unit.
• Inventory and physical supply chain entity valuation. Inventory depreciation valuation and analysis. Product obsolescence valuation and analysis. Physical supply chain entity valuation, from a production capacity, longevity and cost perspective.
• Breach of contract. Loss of revenue calculation due to breach of contract and business interruption, resulting in demand forecast adjustments, changing consumer behavior patterns, storage and distribution cost adjustments. Economic valuation of inventory maintenance, potential for shrink, and physical inventory and loss of supply chain relationship.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: New York, NY - Los Angeles, CA - Chicago, IL
|Year: 2017||Degree: PhD||Subject: Supply Chain Management||Institution: University of Cape Town|
|Year: 2005||Degree: MBA||Subject: Economics, Supply Chain Management||Institution: Wayne State University|
|Year: 2004||Degree: BS (Honors)||Subject: Computer Information Systems||Institution: University of Windsor|
|Year: 2003||Degree: BCS||Subject: Computer Science||Institution: University of Windsor|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Clinical Professor and Lecturer, Innovation, Technology and Operations||Department: Rady School of Management||Responsibilities: Instructed and developed senior level undergraduate, MSBA, MBA courses in Operations Management, Supply Chain Analytics and Business Analytics.
• Hosted C-suite speakers, and collaborated with industry partners (Netflix, Google, IBM) ensuring course content alignment with market trends and industry recruitment standards.
• Focused on analysis of various operational/supply chain areas including forecasting, demand projection, queueing, and data mining areas including regression, clustering, classification.
|Years: 2014 to 2019||Employer: University of Southern California||Title: A/Professor and Lecturer, Operations and Data Analytics||Department: Marshall School of Business||Responsibilities: Developed and instructed compulsory junior and senior-level undergraduate, MS, MBA, and OMBA courses in Operations Management, Management Consulting, and Data Analytics for Decision Making.
• Developed data analysis modules on regression through JMP/R, focusing on clustering, classification, forecasting, queueing etc.
• Developed core Operations and Data Analysis courses for the undergraduate and initial Online MBA curriculum (ranked 5th in US News 201x and 1st in Poets & Quants, 201x).
• Chaired two committees charged collaboration with industry partners including WIRED Magazine, LinkedIn and IBM.
|Years: 2013 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: A/Professor and Lecturer, Supply Chain Management, Data Analysis (Term)||Department: Graduate School of Arts & Sciences||Responsibilities: Developed and instructed graduate courses within the area of Supply Chain Management and Operations. Implemented case analysis, and hosted several fortune 1000 C-suite guest speakers.
• Demonstrated case-work illustrating the practical value of decision tree modeling, logistic regression, linear programming, and operations protocol.
• Initiated project collaboration through cases with Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Bombardier.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|CIPM | Certified International Procurement Manager (2016)
CISCM | Certified International Supply Chain Manager (2015)
CISCPM | Certified International Supply Chain Planning Manager (2019)
|Awards / Recognition|
|Golden Apple Award for Clinical Faculty, The University of Southern California, 201x.
Deans Award for Community Development, University of Southern California, 201x.
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Expert Witness Experience|
Verbal Reports: 7
Written Reports: 7