Expert in Telecommunications
Expert ID: 733220 Chile
More recently with focus in new business technologies related with IoT, Smart Cities and 5G.
Consultancy Services related with Chilean and Latam Telecom Industry: Internet, Pay TV, Telephony, Mobile and fixed services, Technologies (Wifi, LTE, LoRa, IPTV...), new business technology evaluation, among others.
|Year: 1993||Degree: MBA||Subject: Business||Institution: Universidad de Chile|
|Year: 1986||Degree: Master||Subject: Electrical Engineering||Institution: Universidad de Chile|
|Year: 1985||Degree: Civil Electrical Engineer||Subject: Civil Electrical Engineer||Institution: Universidad de Chile|
|Years: 2013 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Founder and Chief Executive Officer||Department:||Responsibilities: Boutique consultancy focused on the technology industry, advising on business strategy, technology and
regulation. Main services include mobile, towers, IoT, cable, regulation, and business evaluation among others
• Wireless ISP company assessment, new business model and strategy proposal
• Terrestrial Digital TV impact on Pay TV Industry
• Support to European company for Public lightning and WiFi integrated project
• Net Neutrality study, worldwide situation
• Chilean antenna law impact, recommendations and best practices
|Years: 2013 to 2016||Employer: STEL S.A.||Title: Chief Executive Officer||Department:||Responsibilities: Wireless broadband Internet and fixed telephony Service Provider in Chile
• Led the challenge of turning around a company with a shrinking customer base, negative Ebitda (-18% margin), serious network issues, and a subpar product mix. Revamped the business and achieved substantial financial improvements, increasing revenues by 70% and subscribers by 53%, reaching positive Ebitda
• Successfully changed the organization, introduced network design/optimization and capacity planning, added new products, improved technical installation and support, introduced best practices, and redesigned the sales group and call center
• Achieved dramatic price reductions by renegotiating key contracts, expanding the service offering and improving its delivery level, reducing network costs by half
|Years: 1999 to 2013||Employer: VTR Global Com||Title: Strategic Technology Planning Manager||Department: Technology||Responsibilities: Mobile and fixed company products: UMTS/LTE network, Pay TV Video solutions, Backbone network strategy
Key contracts negotiations
Business technology opportunities and threat analysis
Strategic mobile and fixed project management
|Years: 2009 to 2011||Employer: VTR Movil||Title: Mobile Development Manager||Department: Strategy||Responsibilities: Strategic contract negotiation for mobile network solution and deployment: national roaming agreement, tower and collocation roaming agreement, main technological vendor agreement.
Project director for managing the national and international roaming service deployment..
New smart phone applications development and integration of mobile services.
Fields of Expertise
wireless internet, wireless network, wireless voice over IP, fixed wireless access, cable television system, Internet service provider, internet technology, voice over IP, wireless communication, 4G mobile network, Internet of Things, 4G smartphone, radio frequency engineering, telecommunications tariff, telecommunication network, telecommunications industry, wireless broadband system, Internet infrastructure, telecommunications strategic planning, cellular telecommunication, communications technology, broadband network, telecommunication regulation