Expert in Telecommunications and IT (OSS and CSS)
Expert ID: 732987 Australia
Expert has particularly strength in steering business development to strategies that produce positive performance, improvement and profit impacts. He has extensive industry reach throughout Australia and in offshore countries as well. He is a "change agent" with keen personnel and business management skills.
|Year: 1999||Degree: Bachelor of Engineering||Subject: Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Institution: M.S.R. Institute of Technology (India)|
|Year: 2003||Degree: M.S.||Subject: Telecommunication Engineering||Institution: RMIT (Australia)|
|Year: 2016||Degree: MBA (IP)||Subject: Business Administration||Institution: AIB (Australia)|
|Years: 2009 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: IT APPLICATIONS PORTFOLIO MANAGER||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert has served Australia's leading provider of mobile phones, mobile devices, home phones and broadband internet through a variety of positions, including: IT Applications Portfolio Manager (2009-present); Senior Application Manager (2012-14); Delivery Management Lead (2011-12); and Senior Domain Specialist (2009-11).
• Accountable for managing an annual OPEX of $10 million; involving 50+ IT applications, 100+ systems, several softwares and products
• Responsible for driving and managing an annual budget of $1 million within the “Business Process management & Integration and Data management” portfolio; contributing to company strategy, business, maximising resources, profits and providing input into cost projections and operating budgets.
• Responsible for driving Telstra strategy through various programs and projects, such as IT systems rationalisation, decommissioning, software upgrades and reuse.
• Expert in change management, application and operations management.
• Participate in RFP, RFQ, commercial negotiations, vendor selections, contract management and statement of work.
• Participate in financial year planning, profiling and forecasting (including identifying future growth and peal).
• Steer governance meetings with multiple vendors to address issues, escalations; plus enabling the regular reporting of wins and losses to the right stakeholders.
• Responsible for managing at least 10 direct reports and 20+ extended teams; promoting team’s skill and development in order to align with Telstra strategy for FY16 and beyond.
• Responsible for driving KPIs for Telstra from internal and multiple extended teams from vendors (e.g. Accenture, HP, Infosys, PEGA, ORACLE, PLAUT, Microsoft).
|Years: 2008 to 2009||Employer: HP||Title: SENIOR CONSULTANT||Department: Industry Consulting Services Division (ICS) (Melbourne)||Responsibilities: Expert played a key role in developing the ICS practice (OSS space) for the Australia and New Zealand region. He developed customized solutions to clients in the communications, media and entertainment industries.
• Played a pivotal role in developing the ICS practice within the OSS space for the A/NZ region; overseeing creation of marketing material and developing tailored solutions to clients in the Communications, Media and Entertainment industry.
• Authored a white paper on “Management of Managed Enterprise Services within Telco Environments.”
• Consulted with Telstra to provide an independent review and assessment of functional gaps and solutions by a vendor for a fulfilment solution; comparing gaps to eTOM’s business processes and Telco best practices that revealed non-compliance of 20% and 60% by the vendor.
|Years: 2006 to 2008||Employer: Accenture Australia Ltd.||Title: SENIOR ANALYST / CONSULTANT||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert handled customer care and billing systems for Telstra. He also provided network service assurance for the same client.
• Customer Care & Billing Systems for Telstra: Led the design of interfaces between CRM-OSS-BSS systems, as well as business services between end systems.
• Network Service Assurance for Telstra: Harnessed subject matter expertise to deliver an integration solution based on SOA principles; serving as Test Lead Consultant in phase 2 of the project, and overseeing entire design and project management tasks.
|Years: 2000 to 2006||Employer: Various||Title: Various - Telecommunications||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert served a variety of telecommunications organizations in a number of positions, including: Account Manager - Mobile Communications; Technical Consultant; and Systems Executive - Telecommunications.
• Account Manager (Mobile Communications) / Technical Consultant: Gemalto, India: 2004 to 2006
- Consulted to major Telco operators for Java SIM card customisations; exceeding sales target by 100%.
- Invented a personal token, comprising a compression agent, and filed patents; subsequently named Inventor of Patent in 2008 and nominated for India’s biggest patent in 2009.
• Full Time Study: Master of Science in Telecommunication engineering: RMIT, Australia: 2002 to 2004
• Systems Executive: Spice Telecommunications, India: 2000 to 2002