Expert in Vice President Engineering
Expert ID: 735652 Michigan, USA
Expert is an Innovative, metrics-driven engineer with a strong background in application design and dynamic problem solving. Possessing exemplary customer service. A strong ability to build, manage, engage, and coach teams to achieve high performance standards, meet tight deadlines, and enhance customer experience. Serve as a key member of cross-functional teams, establishing a clear vision for success and creating a path toward goal achievement. Fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration with an emphasis on goal attainment, positivity, and details.
Adhesives | Application Knowledge | Designs of Experiments | Consensus Building
Team Building | Solution Selling | Contract Negotiations | Market Development
Key Account Management | P & L Management
Product Knowledge | Manufacturing Knowledge | Customer Relationship Building
• Designed and Developed Adhesives to meet application requirements resulting in $12MM in sales including Epoxies, Cyanoacrylates, Acrylics, Ultraviolet Curing Adhesives, Urethanes.
• Improved manufacturing processes that resulted in the reduction of scrap and overhead costs
• Rearranged the Chemical Blending Plant to improve efficiency, increasing throughput by 15%.
• Reduced the cost of goods sold by 18%.
• Maintained excellent customer relationships resulting NDI increasing market share by 5%.
• Responsible for Sales growth of $23MM.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Detroit, MI
|Year: 1980||Degree: BS||Subject: Chemical Engineering||Institution: Michigan State University|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Vice President||Department: Engineering||Responsibilities: Design and develop adhesive and/or fastener solutions for assembly applications. Consultants in the application fastening and engineered adhesives, encapsulation and potting compounds, and dispensing equipment.|
|Years: 2003 to 2018||Employer: ND Industries, Inc.||Title: Director||Department: Research and Development||Responsibilities: Promoted to develop the European and Central and South American markets for “Pre-Applied” fastener adhesives and sealants, as well as seek new technology develop into marketable products.
• Brought in two new technologies to use in specialty adhesives resulting in sales of $100K.
• Increased the European overseas sales by 2.5 times.
• Negotiated contracts to increase the number of process centers in Europe and Central/South America from 3 to 9.
• Worked with Research and Development to develop products for the European market.
• Promoted the product line in Europe by gaining specification approvals and sales at the European Automotive Companies.
• Negotiated specification approval at a major Automotive OEM that resulted in sales gains of about 10%.
• Partnered with a Tier 1 supplier and worked with the Automotive OEM’s to develop a market for ND Mastic Sealing compounds, bringing in revenue of $600,000 in the first 2 years.
Director of Chemical Blending
Oversaw the Manufacturing and Production of the Adhesives and Sealants with 6 direct reports.
• Improved the Microencapsulation process thus decreasing the batch time from 4 weeks to 24 hours.
• Reduced Work-In-Process inventories and cost of excess inventories by improving plant efficiencies by increasing through-put and reducing labor costs this lead to a 22% reduction in overhead.
• Improved Batch to Batch Quality, this reduced reworks and scrapped batches adding to the cost savings.
Director of Research and Development
Oversaw the Research and Development and the Production Quality groups having 11 direct reports.
• Patented 2 products that added sales of $1MM to the corporation.
• Directed the R&D staff to develop new products the lead to filing an additional 7 patents, this helped to increase business by $4 MM.
• Developed a Design of Experiments (DOE) to shorten the Product development time.
• Developed the core products for the bottled products division.
• Established competitive products in the Anaerobic, Ultraviolet curing, epoxy, urethanes, heat cure and pre-applied product lines.
• Conducted Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) testing.
|Years: 1988 to 2003||Employer: Loctite Corporation (now a division of Henkel Corp)||Title: Accounts Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Managed OEM accounts for the Pre-Applied Fastener Adhesive Group.
• Sold Pre-Applied applications, increasing sales from $1.5 MM to $3.5MM.
• Worked with the Automotive Engineers to write specifications around our products.
• Conducted Assembly Joint analysis to improve customer product reliability.
• Worked with the Chemists to develop an improved line of products, by outlining the product requirements in the changing market.
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|“High Temperature Polyamide Coating for Fasteners” Patent
“Anaerobic Adhesive Composition having Microencapsulated Metal Ions” Patent
“Locking Fastener for over 50 years” Fastener Technologies International
|Training / Seminars|
|Professional Development Continuing Education
Clemson University - Fastener Technology
Lawrence Technological University - Fastener & Joint Design
Oakland University - Master level Computer Science Courses
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Volunteer Organizations: Make-a-Wish, MS Society