Expert in Vocational Expert/Certified Life Care Planner
Expert ID: 735825 Louisiana, USA
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: New Orleans, LA - Baton Rouge, LA - Mobile, AL - Biloxi, MS - Lafayette, LA
|Year: 2006||Degree:||Subject: Life Care Planning and Catastrophic Case Management||Institution: University of Florida|
|Year: 2003||Degree: Master of Education and Counseling||Subject: Emphasis: Mental Health Services||Institution: University of New Orleans|
|Year: 2003||Degree: Counselor Intern||Subject: Trinity Counseling and Training Center||Institution:|
|Year: 2000||Degree: Bachelor of Arts||Subject: Psychology||Institution: University of Mississippi|
|Years: 2019 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Life Care Planner||Department: Life Care Planning||Responsibilities: Review, organize, and summarize medical records; research medical literature and apply the medical information to the case analysis; establishes a chronological medical timeline; apply the future medical recommendations based on physicians’ opinions and evidenced based medicine.
· Prepares expert reports including life care plans, future medical cost projections, medical reserve estimates, surgical estimates, and critiques of opposing counsel‘s life care plans and evaluations.
· Manage complicated cases involving catastrophic injuries, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, chronic pain, amputations, hearing loss, burns, and developmental delays.
· Help to facilitate access to critical services such as home health, durable medical equipment, therapeutic services (occupational, physical, speech, and psychological therapies), assistive technologies, and any other relevant medical care.
· Adhere to all standards of federal, state, and local agencies/regulatory bodies; maintained confidentiality of all pertinent patient information in accordance to HIPPA guidelines.
|Years: 2012 to 2019||Employer: Broadspire||Title: Vocational Case Manager||Department: Vocational Case Managment||Responsibilities: Managed a caseload of over 40 clients, providing vocational counseling and meeting stringent requirements necessary to serve as a qualified vocational expert in court hearings.
· Assigned to handle cases for many high-profile clients such as Strategic Restaurant Solutions, Saia Freight, Charter Communications, and Hospital Corporation of America.
· Through recognized past performance, work as a preferred case manager receiving many direct referrals from company claims representatives and defense attorneys.
· Focus on clients’ specific needs, achieve savings from $5,000 to $100,00 per case in future medical care expenses, vocational/rehabilitation services, and medication costs.
· Coordinate and negotiate feasible accommodations for job opportunities through labor market research, job site analysis, review of national and state economy data, home assessment, career counseling, transferrable skills analysis, ergonomic training, and vocational/rehabilitation testing.
· Serve as mentor/trainer for all newly hired registered nurses and medical case manage
|Years: 2012 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Vocational Expert||Department: Social Security||Responsibilities: · Qualified vocational expert for the Social Security Administration Office of Disability Adjudication and Review for various states including Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Texas, Florida, and Oklahoma.
· Provide expert testimony in over 5,000 disability cases as in impartial witness with the federal government regarding the number of occupations that are available for individuals within the national economy based on the individuals’ medical restrictions.
· Familiar with the job trends in the national economy and the job requirements for all occupations within the Dictionary of Occupational Titles.
· Knowledgeable of the laws governing the United States Department of Labor Workers’ Compensation Act and those of the Social Security Administration Office of Disability.
· Experienced in the regulations and accommodations required by Americans with Disabilities Act.
|Years: 2003 to 2011||Employer: Stokes and Associates LLC||Title: Senior Rehabilitation Specialist||Department:||Responsibilities: • Provided case management services and rehabilitation counseling in the private sector, including comprehensive analysis and evaluation of the economic, medical, and financial impact of rehabilitation.
• Assessed client rehabilitation potential to include future employability and wage-earning capacity.
• Performed job/career counseling using specialized test instruments, transferrable skills analysis, retraining potential appraisal, and on-site job analysis.
• Coordinated life care planning for children and adults with catastrophic injuries or life altering medical conditions.
• Critiqued existing life care plans prior to funding and implementation, recommending corrective measures for improved outcomes.
• Facilitated access to essential services such as assistive technology, medical and health services, occupational or physical therapy, nutrition counseling, speech therapy, audiology and vision services, and psychological counseling.
|Years: 2010 to Present||Agency: Social Security Administration||Role: Vocational Expert||Description: Provide expert testimony in Social Security Hearings throughout 15 states|
|Associations / Societies|
|University of Florida Alumni Association, Member
University of New Orleans Alumni Association, Member
University of Mississippi Alumni Association, Member
University of Mississippi Phi Mu, Alpha Delta Chapter, Alumni Member
|Licenses / Certifications|
|International Commission on Healthcare Certification, Certified Life Care Planner 2006 - present
Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification, Certified Rehab Counselor 2004 - present
Louisiana Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists, Licensed Rehabilitation Counselor 2004 - present
Licensed Professional Counselor 2004-present
|Louisiana Health Sciences Center, Invited Speaker 2019
Louise McGehee School, Orientation Chairman 2019
St. Paul’s Episcopal School Parent’s Association, Member 2016
Louise McGehee School, Auction Committee, Member 2016 - 2017
|Awards / Recognition|
|Legal Nurse Consultant Podcast, Invited Speaker
Louisiana Bar Association, Guest Lecturer
Louisiana State University School of Allied Health Sciences, Guest Speaker
|Medical / Professional|
|Certified Life Care Planner
Experienced in Medical Case Management
Experienced in Medical Cost Projections
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Has qualified as a vocational expert in over 2,000 cases for the Social Security Administration and review in over 15 states.|
|Training / Seminars|
|University of Florida, Healthcare on International Healthcare Commission.|
|Other Relevant Experience|
Worker's Compensation Experience