Expert in Water Meters and Usage Disputes (Including Depositions and Court Testimony)
Expert ID: 733607 Vermont, USA
|Year: 2009||Degree: Factory Training||Subject: Water Meter Installations and Testing||Institution: Neptune Training School|
|Year: 1981||Degree: High School Diploma||Subject: Graduated with Honors||Institution: Burlington High School|
|Years: 2007 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Owner||Department:||Responsibilities: Maintains property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies; negotiating and enforcing leases; maintaining and securing premises.
• Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
• Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
• Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; collecting security deposit.
• Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
• Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
• Secures property by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
• Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
|Years: 2007 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Water Meter Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: • Surveys commercial and residential properties for determining proper meter size and applications using square footage, occupancy, usage needs and reading systems. Advises both municipal and private authorities of findings and recommendations to optimize accuracy of usage|
|Years: 2000 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Process Server||Department:||Responsibilities: • served subpoenas and complete return of service reports
• performed surveillance and provided photography/videographic evidence
• interviewed witnesses and submitted findings to law offices
• property security
|Years: 1984 to 2013||Employer: Champlain Water District||Title: Senior Meter Technician||Department:||Responsibilities: The Senior Meter Technician is the advanced level technical classification in the Meter Technician series. This classification serves as a lead, performing and supervising assigned work related to both revenue and non-revenue metering. This class is distinguished from the Meter Technician in that it exercises a
higher level of independent judgment and supervisory responsibility.
Installs, adjusts, functionally tests, troubleshoots, repairs and/or overhauls all types of meters and metering equipment. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to facilitate the construction and maintenance of metering facilities.
• Responsible for company work truck to include service, maintenance and repair as needed. Maintained clean driving record for over 29 years at 12,000 miles driven annually throughout the South Burlington service area.
• Supervises and trains Meter Shop personnel and other
employees as assigned
• Consults with and advises management regarding
personnel, equipment, and materials related to Meter Shop
• Inspects shop and work sites, as appropriate, to ensure
safe and efficient operation
• Logs and reports deficiencies, analyzes failures and takes
corrective action to insure safety and reliability
• Approves and inspects new metering installations and
interacts with manufacturers and contractors on a routine
• installation, and maintenance of metering equipment
• Ability to effectively communicate between the public,
contractors and governing bodies in complying with and
• Interpreting state and city laws and regulations.
• Ability to provide training or information sessions
• Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with
• municipalities, businesses, state and local government
Entities and lawyers
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective collaborative
• working relationships with community organizations for the
purpose of collecting feedback.
• Ability to provide written reports with conclusions and
• recommendations on policies, projects or studies
|Licenses / Certifications|
|• Vermont Class D Water System Operator
• Vermont CDL
• NEWWA Certified Backflow Device Tester
• NEWWA Certified Cross Connection Control Surveyor
• Certified Work Zone Traffic Controller
• Certified in "Training the Trainer"
• Participated in Self-Directed Work Courses
• Certified as a Competent Person - Job Site
• Qualified in SCBA
• Large meter repair, installation and testing
• Experienced backflow device repair
• Experienced water meter trainer/instructor
• Certified in First-Aid and CPR Training
• OSHA training - extensive
• Certified Personal Fitness Trainer