Expert in Analytical Chemistry, Precious Metals Analysis and Refining
Laboratory Information Management, Laboratory Design, Laboratory Automation, Statistical Process Control
He has successfully implemented laboratory information management systems in multiple laboratories, and has acted as the subject matter expert on several occasions while directing all phases of LIMS implementation. He understands the multi-faceted nature of these projects that must draw information from disparate sources and deliver coherent meaningful reports to a diverse group of users. Delivering a LIMS system on budget is also one of his strengths and he uses Microsoft project and other such tools to control cost and inform management every step of the way. Laboratory automation of high throughput titration equipment and inductively coupled plasma spectrometers and integration of these instruments into a LIMS system was a special challenge he has mastered.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Allentown, Pennsylvania - Reading, Pennsylvania - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Trenton, New Jersey - Camden, New Jersey - Wilmington, Delaware - Baltimore, Maryland - Alexandria, Virginia
|Year: 1980||Degree: Master of Science||Subject: Chemistry||Institution: Rutgers University|
|Year: 1975||Degree: Bachelor of Science||Subject: Biology||Institution: University of Connecticut|
|Years: 2013 to 2015||Employer: Titan International||Title: Director, Chemist and Manager||Department: Research||Responsibilities: His responsibilities include process development and project management.
• Develop and manage precious metal and other high value materials recovery from end of life aerospace materials
• Manage activities of production and laboratory staff
• Develop novel schemes for the recovery of precious metals
• Maintain quality system and MSDS database
• Provide chief technical support to ongoing powder metals manufacturing
|Years: 2006 to 2013||Employer: Colonial Metals, Inc||Title: Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert performed analysis, manages lab personnel and handles electrolytic process development.
• Manage daily activities of laboratory staff.
• Perform instrumental lab work on precious metals products.
• Provide analytical support for R&D and process control projects.
• Develop and implement novel electro-dissolution processes for purification of platinum group metals and rhenium-containing alloys.
|Years: 2005 to 2006||Employer: Technic Incorporated||Title: Chemist||Department: R&D||Responsibilities: Short-term research projects:
• Inorganic antioxidants for tin electroplating.
• Organic additives for electronic copper applications.
|Years: 2002 to 2005||Employer: Cookson Electronics||Title: Manager||Department: QC laboratory||Responsibilities: Analytical R&D, product development and quality control functions including:
• Design, develop and implement a customized laboratory information
• Management system (LIMS) deployed in five regional laboratories.
• Provided technical support for LIMS deployment globally.
• Developed proprietary electroplating products.
• Managed daily activities of approximately thirty analytical staff.
• Managed four laboratories within North America.
• Provided customer support to the metal finishing industry.
• Analytical methods development for proprietary chemicals.
|Years: 1987 to 2002||Employer: Lucent Technologies||Title: Manager||Department: Research||Responsibilities: Expert managed a small lab and installed electroplating processes in many large companies. He was awarded many patents during this time.|