Expert in Applied Technology: Thermoplastics, PAEK Polymers, Polymer Additives, Polyolefins, Fibers, Composites, Curatives
Expert ID: 736397 New Jersey, USA
Customer-Focused Application Technology (AT) Developer sought-out for conceptualizing and catalyzing solutions; analyzing viability; and advising on best approach and techniques for optimizing processes, boosting performance, and ensuring quality while maximizing ROI.
Well-Networked Influencer with extensive industry contacts; research, academic, technical, and commercial facilities; fluency in English, French, Arabic, and Spanish; ability to transcend cultural boundaries; and acuity for navigating complex negotiations.
Fair-Minded, Motivational Leader known for setting high standards and inspiring cohesion while guiding and empowering local, distributed, matrixed teams of multidisciplinary experts in exceeding expectations.
Technologies: Computer Systems | Engineering Computer Modeling & Simulations | Project Management & Office Productivity Tools
Intellectual Property (IP) Strategy Innovative Global Technology / Scouting New Technology / Product Development Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) / Partnering Due Diligence / Profitability Analysis Portfolio, Program & Project Management Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Business Management / Fiscal Accountability Process & Performance Improvement
- Extended portfolio into novel applications and technologies by devising and deploying a forward-looking strategy for spurring 3D-printing portfolio momentum and cultivating cooperative relationships with key industry leaders. | CRODA
- Enlarged opportunity funnel 20% and maximized (100%) utilization of resources and capabilities on vital NPV >$500M projects while furthering penetration into industries of focus by reinvigorating material strategy; instituting competency-enriching programs; and populating a healthy IP portfolio. | SABIC
- Ignited >40% organic improvement in pipeline revenue that funded $2.5M for first regional technical center of excellence (COE) by reengineering organizational structures and processes. | DSM
Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering
Masters in Mechanical Engineering
Masters in Laws in International Taxation and Financial services.
Masters in Technology Management, Summa Cum Laude
Masters in Biomedical Sciences*
Industry experience in Global Companies, mostly in the Chemical “Engineered Materials” market
Solid background in:
o Global Application Technology and Innovation Programs
o R&D execution to develop core competencies in state of the art technologies
o Success in obtaining funding for establishing state of the art facility to enhance Commercial Technology and Application Development, Exposure to Production and Manufacturing environments
o Establishing business transactions and agreements:
Master Service Agreements
Joint Development Agreements
Memoranda of Understanding
Due Diligence Process for M&A
Cooperative Research and Development Agreements
Statements of Work
Holding leadership positions
Former President of Academic Industry ME Advisory Board
Current Advisory Board Member – Rowan Univ-NJIT
Certified Asset Protection Analyst
Certified in Anti Money Laundering Awareness with Merit
Holds several Patents
Legal and Tax Compliance Officer
IP claims experience
|Year:||Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: New Jersey Institute of Technology|
|Year:||Degree: Master of Science||Subject: Technology Management||Institution: Stevens Institute of Technology|
|Year:||Degree: Master of Science||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: University of New Orleans|
|Year:||Degree: Bachelor of Science||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: University of Louisiana at Lafayette|
|Years: 2009 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Global Research & Technology Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Strategic Planning | Competitive Intelligence | Market Expansion | Tactical Alliances | Service Excellence
Envision, formulate, and convey cutting-edge technical strategy for development and production of next-generation smart materials to meet global market demands. Support worldwide marketing and sales function in promoting and increasing use of products. Study and relay market intelligence, trends, and legislation to multidisciplinary units at all levels. Cultivate productive relationships with clients, vendors, and other stakeholders. Draft proposals; detail action plans; inspire and rally a team of 7 scientists in undertaking complex investigations to improve product and portfolio performance.
- Generated $400K in upside revenue by opening new commercialization opportunity for high-end engineered plastics within targeted industry; regularly engaging customers; and defining a solid value proposition for polymer additives as well as building blocks for formulated products.
- Improved global technical integration, heightened penetration into core polyolefin markets and unlocked potential for new applications valued at $1M by providing direct customer support while acting as polymer additive technical resource.
- Shaped creation of rheology and dispersion COE by integrating advanced materials team skillset; deploying value-added services across business group; and shepherding near- and longer-term, high-value, advanced materials programs.
- Debuted new products that triggered incremental organic revenue growth of >$3.5M by situating direct reports as key experts in focus areas; encouraging professional development; and instituting innovation management.
- Ensured customer support excellence and continuity by vetting and engaging partners for delivery of customer work.
|Years: 2018 to 2019||Employer: GREENE TWEED, INC.||Title: Advanced Technology Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Leading global manufacturer of high-performance elastomeric seals and engineered thermoplastic and thermoplastic composite components for aerospace, energy, industrial, semiconductor, and life sciences industry leaders.
Articulated and dispatched strategy, technology road map, market approach, and business plan to evolve technology into emerging areas. Steered synthesis, evaluation, production, and commercialization of high-temperature engineering thermoplastics-based products for extreme application environments. Led a world-class team of 6 scientists and technicians in development of new and improvement of available plastic resins, compounds, and curatives.
- Launched 2 new products for evaluations and reduced cost to manufacture by ~$300K.
- Spawned opportunity for additional ~$500M in sales for high-margin products by enabling a new platform of materials.
- Collated business case for initiating a differentiated and disruptive platform in additive manufacturing (3D printing, new products and product tweaks) based on unique high-heat plastics technology; outlined roadmap and execution action plan from concept to activation.
- Filed provisional patent on disruptive 3D technology.
- Enhanced IP capture including efficient running of FTOs and landscapes by winning buy-in and integrating new tool.
|Years: 2014 to 2018||Employer: SABIC||Title: Senior Global Application Technology Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Supplied technical leadership, focus, and expertise to expedite rapid AT product development using state-of-the-art enabling technologies within strategic markets including auto, healthcare, oil and gas, power equipment, flexible and rigid packaging, and mass transportation. Initiated and oversaw collaboration with internal and external labs as well as academia contacts. Nurtured a collaborative culture; assembled, motivated, and mentored a highly engaged team of as many as 50 professionals.
- Filled opportunity pipeline with 15+ new global projects with $124M risk-adjusted net present value (RA NPV) and optimized execution to achieve an average time to market of 27 months vs typical 36.
- Prompted origination of 13+ patents by setting strategic agenda and activating business development efforts across specialties and petrochemical businesses for $2.4B RA NPV portfolio through established COEs as well as key global program leaders, safeguarding IP asset portfolio with an innovation platform.
- Amplified competency, fortified capacity, and sparked creativity by charting road maps, sharpening projects with phase-gate process, and guiding global staff of 50+ dispersed across 5 regions in adhering to key KPIs.
- Elevated differentiation, solidified competitive advantage, and forwarded commercialization of novel 3D-printing and composites applications for launch of new automotive industry programs and fresh products by architecting global COE infrastructure featuring $6M+ in CAPEX installations; executing 29 projects valued at $1.0B+; and constructing prototypes.
|Years: 2009 to 2014||Employer: DSM ENGINEERING PLASTICS, INC.||Title: Director, Research & Technology NAFTA||Department:||Responsibilities: Transformed research and technical marketing (R&TM) function into an operational liaison role that fueled attainment of growth objectives. Restructured and grew team to 37+ professionals; sponsored 12+ VPs for promotions. Controlled $20M+ R&D spend that included experts in NAFTA and LATAM.
- Won go-ahead for ~$37M+ in technical marketing initiatives that fueled opportunity pipeline expansion and drove technical approval for commercialization.
- Accelerated time to market and improved efficiency by implementing a global technology transfer, standardizing and streamlining pilot operations, and using stage-gate development across all aspects of project lifecycle.
- Acquired ~$45M+ in new market opportunities within the first year by concentrating new product introduction and value-added technology presentation and technical service efforts on key OEMs and tiers.
- Magnified brand visibility and recognition by expanding external collaborations each year.
- Realized $1M in YOY bottom-line cost of raw material savings by locating alternates; embedding innovation process management framework; and prioritizing 15+ high-potential specialties.
|Associations / Societies|
|American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) – Member, 201x
American Chemical Society (ACS) – Member, 201x
Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) – Awards Committee Member, 200x – 201x
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) – Member, 200x
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) – Member, 200x
Sigma XI Engineering Honorary Society – Member, 200x
|United Services Organization (USO) – Provider
NJIT – Current Member | President of Mechanical Engineering Industry Academic Advisory Board, 200x – 201x
Rowan University – Engineering Industry Advisory Board Member, 201x
Rutgers Medical School (formerly UMDNJ) Invited Lecturer – Student Adviser
Charitable Feed the Hungry Organizations – Fundraising Volunteer
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Authored several media articles and publications on relevant topics and frequently participated in key technology consortium and conference events, contributing as a speaker and/or facilitator.
Complete list available upon request.
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Additional Work Experience:
Manager of Application Development Engineering | Application Development Engineer Leader
BASF CORPORATION | HONEYWELL | ALLIEDSIGNAL, Florham Park, NJ
Advanced through a series of progressive roles to excel in plastic material design and innovation while championing industrial product application development. Spearheaded cross-functional teams in identifying and engineering new material conversion applications for industrial manufacturing, appliances, medical devices, sports equipment, automotive, mining, building and construction (B&C), and electrical and electronics (E&E) to support commercialization and energize new business. Served as expert in noise vibration and harshness.
- Landed high-potential targets by differentiating business with novel IP, including 4 patents.
- Augmented productivity 25% by streamlining tactics and consolidating processes; enhanced delivery of global technical services through resource reorganization.
- Intensified existing market penetration and established platform for new market with $35M potential.
- Administered cost center, advance planning, operating budgets, and use of remote technologies.
Adjunct Faculty, Science & Technology, 5 years | NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (NJIT)
Taught undergraduate and graduate mechanical engineering (ME) topics; advised students and non-ME majors.
Officer – Engineering Duty, Honorably Discharged | THE UNITED STATES NAVY RESERVE (USNR)