Expert in Bioinformatics
Expert ID: 733419 Singapore
1. My major responsibilities are tasks related to next-generation sequencing (NGS) data, including pre-processing of the raw NGS data obtained from various sequencing technologies, assembling the NGS data into coting’s, designing and developing pipelines to annotate the genome and transcriptome, perform functional annotation, gene expression analysis, pathway analysis and identifying repeats in genome. Apart from that, I also employ open source tools and my programming skills to organize and represent data in an understandable format, as well as assist in the preparation of scientific manuscripts.
2. Develop protocol for known and novel micro RNA identification. The work involves pre-processing of small RNA sequencing data. Protocol for identification of known and novel micro RNAs. Have developed tool which can find the shift in mature strand in microRNA as a part of the analysis.
3. Transcriptome analysis for Basil, Stevia and Champaka and Plumeria flowers. The work involves de novo assembly, expression calculation, function annotation, Gene Ontology Enrichment analysis, Pathway analysis and domain analysis.
4. RNA Seq analysis of GSC (Germline Stem Cells) in Drosophila. Study of regulation of gene expression by micro RNA on Drosophila wild type and mutants.
5. Responsible for development of new tools for internal usage. Maintenance of software’s and databases in HPC (High Performance Computer). Installation and maintenance of Local instance of UCSC Genome Browser.
Expert was working as associate technical consultant – Peoplesoft ERP Application. Worked with a team of highly motivated software engineers to deliver complex solutions to specific technical problems. Deeply involved in the designing, implementing, upgrading and maintaining of software to support various client’s Peoplesoft ERP.
Bioinformatics Software Developments.
|Year: 2013||Degree: Master of Science||Subject: Bioinformatics||Institution: Nanyang Technological University|
|Year: 2008||Degree: Bachelor of Technology||Subject: Biotechnology||Institution: SASTRA University|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Data Scientist (Bioinformatics)||Department:||Responsibilities: Responsibilities:
• Understand business needs, design, create roadmap of execution. Architect the entire workflow from data inputs, preprocessing, analysis to outputs and data storage. Deploy data processing pipeline in production.
• Manage the end-to-end lifecycle (build, validate, test and deployment) of machine learning models.
• Identify data sources. Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance.
• Mine, analyze data for improving products. Optimize data analysis processes and systems to improve efficiency and maintainability.
• Interpret data and analyze results to derive insights and effectively communicate the insights for both scientific and business audience.
• Document implementation. Coordinate with different functional team’s, guide and monitor team members.
|Years: 2013 to 2017||Employer: Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory||Title: Bioinformatics Engineer||Department:||Responsibilities: Responsibilities:
• Data Analysis
1. Preprocessing of the raw NGS data, Structured and Semi Structured data.
2. Perform explanatory analysis. Design and develop pipelines to for NGS data analysis.
3. Perform statistical analysis - hypothesis testing, regression, estimate confidence intervals, clustering data.
• Present and communicate data insights/findings.
1. Create visualizations to aid in understanding data. Generate various types of plots (Heat map, Scatter plots, Histograms etc) for data visualization. Generate interactive plots using Shiny.
2. Develop programs to organize and represent data in understandable format.
3. Assist in the preparation of scientific manuscripts.
|Years: 2008 to 2012||Employer: Wipro Technologies||Title: Software Engineer||Department: ERP||Responsibilities: Application Developer.
• Involved in the design, implementing, upgrading and maintenance of software to support client’s Peoplesoft Applications (SQR, Application Engines, SQL etc).
• Handled data loads. Have worked on various databases - Oracle, DB2, SQL Server.
• Performed System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
• Client consulting, require gathering, training, and Q&A sessions.
• Worked clients from Retail, Banking, Insurance.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2012 to Present||Country / Region: Singapore||Summary: Completed Masters in Singapore and working in Singapore.|
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Oracle Certified People Tools Application Developer.|
|Awards / Recognition|
|• Winner of FIMC Award for Blackboard Inc project (In Wipro Technologies).
• Winner of Encore FIMC Award for VF Corp Upgrade engagement (In Wipro Technologies).
• Have been awarded Best Team Member for Blackboard Inc project. (In Wipro Technologies).
|English||Read - Excellent, Write - Excellent, Speak - Excellent|
|Tamil||Read - Excellent, Write - Excellent, Speak - Excellent|