Expert in Construction Engineering & Project Management; AEC Project Services
Expert ID: 736201 Alabama, USA
On graduation from university, Expert began his career in aerospace engineering management with subcontractors to the Boeing Company. He subsequently spent 5 years with the IBM Corporation in Information Technology, including Computer-Aided Design, Manufacturing and Engineering (CAD/CAM/CAE).
Expert's construction career began with the 'ground-up' founding of his own residential construction firm, followed by a 5-year stint with GL Homes - the U.S.’s 12th largest private homebuilder. Subsequently, he shifted into commercial construction, spending 10 years with two different commercial general contractors. He founded his Corporation in 2016 with the goal of sharing the benefits of his construction management and engineering expertise with clients.
Expert is a degreed Mechanical Engineer and a licensed Professional Engineer. Specializing in the discipline of Industrial Engineering, Expert’s subject matter expertise lies in the areas of construction design management, engineering Expert review, ownership representation, and forensic investigation.
Expert's diverse background and experience are focused on assisting ownership entities and AEC industry firms to resolve problems in the construction of buildings, including both commercial and residential, in a variety of market verticals, including office buildings and parking structures. He provides expertise in the following areas:
● Design Management / Prime Professional
● Engineering Expert Review
● Owner Representation
● Forensic Investigation / Expert Witness
With contract and technical report writing skills, as well as a verbal communication range running from field operations to the C-Suite, Expert has an unusual ability to relate to and communicate with individuals up and down the chain of command, in environments from the 10-person start-up to the multi-billion dollar multi-national corporation.
Expert is a Member of the Board of Applied Technology Academy, a leading-edge technology training organization.
For nearly 15 years Expert served as the Chairman of the Board of Deacons at the South Florida evangelical, reformed Baptist church his family attended for 20 years, managing a multi-million-dollar program of assets, payroll, current accounting activities, and the considerable efforts of scores of other volunteers. Additionally, his Corporation has been engaged by the church to manage its proposed $7M building program.
Summarizing, Expert’s talent and experience firmly position him to take on the challenging task of assisting any ownership or AEC industry firm to advance construction project quality and effectiveness in today's challenging market environment.
Top Skills: Project Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology
Professional Engineering Services:
- Design Management/ Prime Professional
- Engineering Expert Review
- Forensic Investigation/ Expert Witness
Project Management Services:
- Owner Representation
- Construction Monitoring
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Miami, Florida - Atlanta, Georgia - Birmingham, Alabama
|Year: 1975||Degree: BS||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: University of Miami|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President||Department:||Responsibilities: - Design Management / Prime Professional
- Engineering Expert Review
- Owner Representation
- Forensic Investigation / Expert Witness / Subject Matter Expert
|Years: 2012 to 2016||Employer: Pinnacle Construction Group, Inc.||Title: Senior Project Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Roles...
- Senior Project manager consistently delivering high quality, in-budget, on-time ground-up commercial and multi-family turnkey construction projects
- AEC Technology thought leader improving staff and business productivity architecting and launching mobile and cloud-based construction business systems
|Years: 2007 to 2012||Employer: Pointe Group||Title: Senior Project Manager / Owner's Representative||Department:||Responsibilities: Roles...
- Owners Representative delivering high quality, in-budget, on-time ground-up commercial projects including LEED Gold, medical, and aviation
- Senior Project Manager delivering high quality, in-budget, on-time commercial tenant improvement (TI) and custom luxury SFR projects
- AEC Technology thought leader improving staff and business productivity by architecting and launching mobile and cloud-based construction business systems
|Years: 2002 to 2007||Employer: GL Homes||Title: Construction Management and IT Roles||Department:||Responsibilities: - Contracts Manager reducing material costs through effective supply chain management for complex Expertfabricated components (e.g., glazing, engineered structure)
- AEC Technology thought leader....... Improving land acquisition productivity in architecting and launching GIS Department
- Reducing plan errors and omissions and improving productivity by architecting, implementing, and migrating Architecture Department from 2D to3D CAD
- Field Construction Manager eliminating crippling plan errors through sophisticated Autodesk AutoCAD electrical design automation, to improve schedule and reduce cost in delivering over 400 semi-custom SFR luxury homes
|Years: 1985 to 1990||Employer: IBM||Title: Senior Account Representative for CAD Systems||Department:||Responsibilities: - Implementing Computer-Aided Design (CAD) systems (including Dassault's3D product CATIA) to manufacturing and construction industry clients
- Exceeding marketing quota requirements to achieve multi-year 100% Club recognition
|Years: 1975 to 1985||Employer: TRW Electronic Products, AMI Industries, Sargent Industries, American Safety||Title: Mechanical Product Engineering Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Engineering management roles with subcontractors to Boeing Commercial Airplane Company, Boeing Marine Systems, Boeing Aerospace, and TRW Defense Systems, including...
- Mechanical product design of complex aircraft and marine survival systems, and electronics packaging (PCBs, housings, hermetic enclosures) for spacecraft mission-critical electronic assemblies
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Procore Certified: Project Manager(Core Tools)
Procore Certified: Associate
Licensed Professional Engineer (Industrial Discipline, State of Florida)
|Medical / Professional|
|Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Florida, Corporate License|
|Training / Seminars|
- University of Miami
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Tau Beta Pi, Pi Tau Sigma
- Carnegie Mellon University
Undergraduate work, Physics, Math
|Career-long vendor selection experience in both construction and manufacturing sectors.|
Fields of Expertise
AEC, Building Engineering, building construction, Building Construction Project Management, Building Design Management, Building Prime Professional, Building Engineering Peer Review, Building Owner Representation, Building Subject Matter Expert, Building Expert Witness, Building Forensic Investigation