Expert in Consumer Goods Industry
Expert ID: 733218 India
Prior to this his last role was a dual role of being the Global Brand Director for the Sunlight (Vim) brand & also Category Head for Household Care for South Asia. In this role he was accountable for growing the business, market share, brand equity and delivering the brand's Global P and L in key markets across the world. He was also responsible for aspects of marketing brand strategy, brand positioning, architecture, innovation, pricing, communication and PR globally. Expert was also looking after all aspects of category strategy in the cluster and markets, deployment and execution of brand plans in the cluster, dynamic management of support spends with regional markets leadership and tactical market pricing. Prior to this, he was the Regional Category Director - Household Care at Hindustan Unilever, from July 2010 till January 2014. Here, he led the regional category team, accountable for growing the business, market share and delivering the Unilever household care business.
Before this period, Expertwas the global marketing manager for the company's biggest personal wash brand Lifebuoy. Prior to that, Expertwas the senior brand manager of the shampoo brand Sunsilk. Here he was also instrumental in the creation, setting up and running of the web community "Gang of Girls" for India and later on for all of Asia. It was Asia's biggest social community of women on the net before Facebook.
Before coming to brand management Expertwas in the sales and customer development function and was handling the biggest Indian state of UP..Here he piloted out a new rural distribution system into UP which was later adopted and rolled out everywhere. He was also responsible for piloting the sales force automation projects.
Experthas over 17 years of experience handling customers across countries and in both mom and pop stores (GT), modern retail and e-commerce working for one of the world's largest consumer goods company. Experthas experience which cuts across countries and categories on the same
-Part of the industry panel set up by one of the world's leading publication houses, as a consumer goods expert providing FREE consulting to start ups on their business related issues.
-Provided expertise on marketing, innvation, sales and distribution to many of the big 5 consulting firms as an expert in another expert network
-Mentor for the entrepreneurship cell for IIT - Kharagpur, one of the world's leading engineering institutions
|Year: 2000||Degree: MBA||Subject: Marketing and Finance||Institution: Indian Institute of Management|
|Year: 1997||Degree: Bachelor of Engineering||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: National Institute of technology|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President||Department: Sales, Marketing and R&D||Responsibilities: Complete P&L responsibility for the company with a direct responsibility for the sales and marketing functions.|
|Years: 2010 to 2015||Employer: Household Care Asia||Title: Global Brand Director||Department: Marketing||Responsibilities: Manage the world's largest dishwash cleaner Sunlight in 80 companies across the globe.Total P&L responsibility with direct accountability for all the marketing activities. Additional responsibility for managing the entire homecare category for the South Asian Region also.
• Lead the regional cross-functional innovation teams, including Brand development, supply chain and customer and category development, in the Asian region to deliver full product mixes on time in full.
• Lead the development of the regional brand communication packs and ensure excellent deployment plans from the operating companies.
• Build a holistic understanding of consumers and shoppers, together with the Expertteam, to develop consumer and shopper insights and turn these in to growth opportunities.
• Collaborate with Regional Customer team to develop Customer Facing Strategy for SA+SEA Cluster.
• Lead the cluster to 3 successive years of growing ahead of the targets, and being the fastest growing region globally for Unilever.
• Created the brand vision plan/strategy for Vim resulting in a 22% CAGR for the brand across the region for 3 years.
• Created the market development model on Vim liquid for South Asia, which led to tripling of the brand revenues in 3 years. Voted as the best behavior change model in the HHC category globally.
• Created the most successful communication plan and a sustained growth model on Domex Toilet Cleaner which was deployed across Asia leading to highest ever shares for the brand across countries like Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Pakistan and India.
|Years: 2008 to 2010||Employer: Skincare ( Lifebuoy)||Title: Global Marketing Mgr-Lifebuoy||Department: Marketing||Responsibilities: Responsible for the delivery of the innovation program for Lifebuoy across 14 countries and a complete responsibility for the development of an integrated brand communication plan for the same.
• Manage the delivery of the entire product innovation program for Lifebuoy, a € 350Mn brand, across 14 countries and a complete responsibility of the integrated brand communication plan for the same
• Leading and developing an effective global project team across various functions.
• Identifying key stakeholders across the various countries understanding their needs, managing their expectations and communicating regularly with them
• Built Lifebuoy’s social mission to change the handwashing behavior of billions of people across the world, seen as a benchmark of excellence not only in Unilever but also in the external world.
• Responsible for creating the Global Handwashing Day campaign in 2008, voted the best non-TV campaign in Unilever and still being continued as the lead idea on Lifebuoy.
• Entered the brand into the Guinness Book of World Record from the idea above.
• As the project leader, delivered the most successful Lifebuoy re-launch campaign globally in 2009 across 14 countries.
|Years: 2004 to 2008||Employer: Sunsilk, Lux Shampoo and Gang of Girls||Title: Sr.Brand Manager - Sunsilk||Department: Marketing||Responsibilities: • Manage Sunsilk, India’s leading beauty brand in haircare, with a turnover of € 40m
• Manage Lux Shampoo, a key strategic initiative for the category, with a turnover of € 10mn pa.
• Handled projects on the entire haircare category (Jan-05 – Mar’07) as additional responsibility
• Development and execution of the complete Brand Marketing Plan
• Delivery of both top-line and bottom-line targets
• Managing the entire media and promotion of the brands as per their brand marketing plans
• Complete turnaround of the brand in 3 years leading to a CAGR of 24% on the brand and doubling profitability in the same period.
• Conceptualized, rolled out and ran “Sunsilk Gang of Girls” as the lead engagement idea on Sunsilk
o Winner of :
Most Effective Ad campaign in India at Effies -07 and Goa Fest-07
Best Youth Marketing Initiative in India at Goa Fest-07, Effies -07, Emvies -07
Best Digital Marketing Initiative in India at Goa Fest-07, Effies -07, Abbys-07
o Chosen by Unilever for a rollout across Asia as the overall online platform for Sunsilk
• Conceptualized and executed the Sunsilk Hair activation program in 2005 as a unique wet sampling idea at various consumer touch points
o The activity entered the Limca Book of records as the largest ever wet sampling plan in India
o Chosen the best brand engagement idea in Unilever Haircare in the Asian Region in 2005
|Years: 2000 to 2004||Employer: UP & Rajasthan||Title: Sales & Customer Dev Manager||Department: Sales and Distribution||Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
• Managing the sales and distribution infrastructure and all micro-marketing initiatives for Uttar Pradesh for all of HUL profit centers with a turnover of €25mln pa
• Leading a team of 27 executives and officers to deliver results through impeccable execution
• Led a team of 27 that had the highest percentage of promotions in the branch for 3 consecutive years.
• Winner of HUL Director’s Enterprise Award -2003 for leading the turnaround of the state UP.
• Winner of HUL Director’s Enterprise Award - 2004 for creative thinking vis-à-vis the new rural strategy
• Conceptualized and rolled out the new rural and small town distribution strategy for HUL (LAB). This strategy was then rolled out across India using the blue print generated through its success in UP.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2006 to 2008||Country / Region: South Asia||Summary: Handled Sunsilk shampoo for the entire SA region|
|Years: 2008 to 2010||Country / Region: Asia,Africa,LATAM||Summary: Handled Lifebuoy for the entire globe|
|Years: 2010 to 2016||Country / Region: Asia,Africa,Europe, North America||Summary: Handled Sunlight Dishwash, Domestos and Cif for the entire globe|